Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 02:07 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,667,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Feminists have been a major part of the decline of American society.
How do I assign negative rep points?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 02:09 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,285,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
How do I assign negative rep points?
Not an option any more...sorry

Old 03-06-2009, 02:17 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,051,725 times
Their are plenty of women out there without children - some real catches too (at first glance anyways). I actually have the opposite problem, I wouldn't mind and almost would prefer dating a single mom but I never meet any that are date-able.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:01 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,667,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Their are plenty of women out there without children - some real catches too (at first glance anyways). I actually have the opposite problem, I wouldn't mind and almost would prefer dating a single mom but I never meet any that are date-able.
Mind if I ask you prefer to date a single mom? While there are guys out there like myself who are open to dating single moms, I've never heard anyone say they prefer them to childless women.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:09 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,306,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why is it always about what "we" want and not about what is in the best interest of the children?

Feminists have been a major part of the decline of American society.
Yeah I guess things were better back when women stayed at home and completely dependent on their husbands. How about the chance to vote? Things started going downhill once one half of the population got a chance to speak for themselves.

Just to clarify myself since feminist is the other F word. 21st century feminists want equality for both genders- not superiority of women over men or vice versa. Nor do we think that men are replaceable or worthless. So perhaps you should get your opinions out of the dark ages.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:29 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,051,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Mind if I ask you prefer to date a single mom? While there are guys out there like myself who are open to dating single moms, I've never heard anyone say they prefer them to childless women.
Just like some single mom's have said, I'd prefer to date a single mom because I'm a single dad and it's one more thing we can relate on. It's by no means a requirement for me or anything, it's not even high in importance, but I would like to date someone who REALLY understands the priorities and thought process of a parent.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:40 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,158,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Just like some single mom's have said, I'd prefer to date a single mom because I'm a single dad and it's one more thing we can relate on. It's by no means a requirement for me or anything, it's not even high in importance, but I would like to date someone who REALLY understands the priorities and thought process of a parent.
I agree. I like single dads with whom I can talk to my son about, and I can likewise listen to them dote on their kids.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:14 PM

142 posts, read 395,174 times
I could say the same thing about guys in their 20's and early 30's who have 2 or more kids by different women. It run both ways

There need to be a single club for childless singles! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I just need to vent a little frustration. I am out in the dating game giving 100% just like most single guys in their mid-20's, but I have hit a rut lately where every attractive, single woman I meet has at LEAST one kid and was never married to the father.

Don't get me wrong. I love kids and want to have a family of my own someday. If I were in my 40's and still single, I would accept the fact that there probably aren't going to be too many childless women in my dating pool. But at 26, I'm just not ready for a ready-made family.

So here is my question. Doesn't ANYONE wait to get MARRIED before they have babies anymore? Mitt Romney caught some flack for saying basically the same thing at CPAC last year, but the man is right. Take it from a 26-year-old male who is tired of his dating pool being saturated with kids. Time for the lifeguard to blow the whistle for adults-only swim.

End rant.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:21 PM

640 posts, read 1,734,663 times
There are alot of "awful truths" to be confronted with this subject. The reality is that many women out there truly believe that pregnancy happens to those OTHER girls, and not to them. Ive seen "smart" girls (as sugar coaters always say) get knocked up due to this "oh it wont happen to me" syndrome. The pill, if taken CORRECTLY, is 99% effective. There are male condoms,female condoms, diaphragms, IUDs, morning after pills...the options of preventing a baby are endless. So what does that mean? There's alot of women out there who do not take their reproductive capacities very seriously, and figure "oh everything will be okay anyways" if they do. This is NOT indicative of intelligent thinking or a woman capable of future planning. Intelligent women KNOW that getting knocked up is incredibly easy and are cautious and careful and know that due to them having the true reproductive capital (aka a uterus) that the burden of being on the pill or bringing the condoms is ultimately on THEM. Far too many people are making excuses for irresponsibility. I, myself, would never date a guy who had kids due to this simple fact. It makes you seem like you cant plan for the future and it says alot about your choice of women before you met me, and that is simply not attractive to me.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:25 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,717,163 times
I'm just chuckling that the OP is tagged 'Pimpy'...C'mon, now. Where are you looking for your women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships