Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 07:50 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,155,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
I'm just chuckling that the OP is tagged 'Pimpy'...C'mon, now. Where are you looking for your women?
LOL. Perhaps that explains a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:16 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,835,767 times
I think that some single women in their twenties with all these kids, do it on purpose. There seems to be an obession with childbearing in teenage girls and women in their twenties. Mistakes happen, but there are so many birth control methods there is no reason in the world why women should be pregnant. It is irresponsible and selfish. I truly believe that its almost a cult thing to have kids now. When I grew up in the 80's there were some women like that in high school and in their twenties, but now it is becoming an epidemic. It does not make sense.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,866,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I think that some single women in their twenties with all these kids, do it on purpose. There seems to be an obession with childbearing in teenage girls and women in their twenties. Mistakes happen, but there are so many birth control methods there is no reason in the world why women should be pregnant. It is irresponsible and selfish. I truly believe that its almost a cult thing to have kids now. When I grew up in the 80's there were some women like that in high school and in their twenties, but now it is becoming an epidemic. It does not make sense.
A number of factors at work:

Anti abortion groups have a very active disinformation campaign. Locally, there was a news issue related to this recently and it really brought out the loonies in the letters to the editor pages. Poorly educated women actually listen to this garbage.

Somehow adoption of babies has been given an undeserved bad name. What is worse, both these above factors have created an explosion in the number of unadoptable older children with serious behavioral problems.

There is no stigma to being single mother anymore. When my sister did this, at age 35, in the mid 90s, I was concerned about my parents, but they didn't bat an eye. However, it was likely good that my grandparents had passed away. (Her situation was very different - good management job in major corporation)

Divorce rates are so high, in many demographics, that it is hardly a concern, since they fully believe that this is inevitable, anyways.

The alternative is slugging it out to get an education, be mired deep in debt and likely missing your opportunity for marriage - at least to anyone you idolized in a teen magazine. I think in many cases, they chase the fantasy guy and put a hole in the condom. Their thinking - at least I'm giving my kid a "chance".

Old 03-07-2009, 08:05 AM

78,674 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Mind if I ask you prefer to date a single mom? While there are guys out there like myself who are open to dating single moms, I've never heard anyone say they prefer them to childless women.
With me not being open to having more kids and the age range I'm looking to date...plus the whole being used to kids and understanding the family dynamic...yeah I probably prefer a woman WITH kids at this stage not that I'd rule anything out. When I was in my 20's, I probably would prefer no kids but again, I'm pretty open minded and wouldn't have ruled it out.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:05 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,404,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arf Arf View Post
What's wrong with you people? You make it sound like it's the woman's fault. I'm sorry, but isn't a penis involved somewhere along the line? I doubt most of these women were artificially inseminated. When they got pregant it sounds like they were responsible enough to accept it and take care of the child.
yawn...

Yeah... They did it all because they're so responsible. Wrong. They're vilified for making bad decisions.

bye bye now.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
My guy friends tell me the same thing. They get frustrated because it seems that all the women they meet want a 'father figure' for their kids more than a boyfriend.
More than a father figure, they want the option of becoming stay-at-home moms or they want a subsidy to their welfare checks. Or they're worried about losing the WIC their older child brings in and want another sperm donor.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why is it always about what "we" want and not about what is in the best interest of the children?

Feminists have been a major part of the decline of American society.
I wouldn't really blame the feminists for the big boom in illegitimate children because feminists tend to put down motherhood.

I believe it's that women are rewarded for having babies out of wedlock. Girls think it's cute to parade around pregnant and with their newborns. They then have the option of working or not working, the welfare life is perfectly comfortable with it's free housing, food stamps, WIC coupons, free babysitting at the Head Start so mom can head to the mall.

Most of the girls and women that do this aren't going to attract the successful men that can support a family anyways, so why not go for the government handouts? It costs them nothing and brings them plenty.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:43 AM

8,742 posts, read 13,000,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I just need to vent a little frustration. I am out in the dating game giving 100% just like most single guys in their mid-20's, but I have hit a rut lately where every attractive, single woman I meet has at LEAST one kid and was never married to the father.
End rant.
Dude,

Maybe you ain't so hot and getting passed by all the single women with no kids.

It's time to get a 'make over'....

Old 03-07-2009, 02:01 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,434,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I could be wrong

I am wrong sometimes,

but for every single mom out there, isn't there a single dad out there

or are there hoardes of women running out in the 20s and getting in-vitro

octocrack doesn't count here
Nope. Many women share men, so for every 3 or 4 single moms there may be one dad.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:08 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,434,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
I think that the fact is 1/3 of all american girls by the age of 20 have been pregnant. I don't know how many decide to have the child. But yeah I see many women who are "hot" with children raising them on their own. Best you can do is give them number two to raise on their own
That's cruel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships