Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 07:58 AM

3 posts, read 5,683 times

Advertisements

hey..I see it this way..if you don't want to date someone with a child then don't, but don't start putting the blame on women or men..Its not like you are the one raising the kids. Why are you people so concern with other people problems. worry about your self...Sometimes I dislike people...we are so quick to judge others. If you don't want to date a women with a child, then don't...end of story and for the women who do have kids..so WHAT..you are not caring for those kids..so why are you worry about what they are going through..like it has an effect on you...Its almost like people who date out of their race and outsiders feel like its wrong, so they want to put in their opinions. GET A LIFE PEOPLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 08:41 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,294,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I just don't think it should be this difficult to find a pool of classy, attractive, and CHILDLESS women in such a large and fairly metropolitan city. I am outgoing, educated, have a good career, no threat to Brad Pitt but the looks decent wagon didn't pass me by completely, and I certainly have no trouble approaching women. Why am I having such trouble finding "keepers" who don't have kids?
You are in the SOUTH. Most people are married by age 20, they have a few kids, then are divorced by age 24. The culture here forces these kids to make decisions they really aren't mature enough to make. They try to have it both ways - the modern way of extending youth well into your 20s while at the same time keeping with the Old South tradition of taking on a family by that age.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,726,327 times
Saw this as the top thread...

let this thread die.

Most of us agree there are too many children who's parents aren't together so for every "Too many single women in their 20's with kids" there are just as many single men in their 20's with kids....

so there are too many single parents in their 20's with kids.

But that said, there are too many single men in their 30's and 40's with kids (I'm a single lady and the men I meet have kids...so I choose to stay single)

Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,522,911 times
Wouldnt a better name for this thread be "Too many men getting her pregnant and bailing out?"

Last edited by Capt. Dan; 05-29-2009 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,194,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Wouldnt a better name for this thread be "Too many men getting her pregnant and bailing out?"
That's another mentality issue. It usually comes down to the younger cockier player doing a few angles, the woman ignoring warning signs, going after him because of the bad-boy image then being shocked that he moved to Washington state after...You don't "get" someone pregnant, it takes 2. If they bail out, short of a complete personality 180 the signs where there previously, they just chose to ignore it.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:53 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,522,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
That's another mentality issue. It usually comes down to the younger cockier player doing a few angles, the woman ignoring warning signs, going after him because of the bad-boy image then being shocked that he moved to Washington state after...You don't "get" someone pregnant, it takes 2. If they bail out, short of a complete personality 180 the signs where there previously, they just chose to ignore it.
All true. But still no reason for a man to not take care of his obligations. But you are right. There is almost always warning signs.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:59 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,210,330 times
Quote:
I just need to vent a little frustration. I am out in the dating game giving 100% just like most single guys in their mid-20's, but I have hit a rut lately where every attractive, single woman I meet has at LEAST one kid and was never married to the father.

Don't get me wrong. I love kids and want to have a family of my own someday. If I were in my 40's and still single, I would accept the fact that there probably aren't going to be too many childless women in my dating pool. But at 26, I'm just not ready for a ready-made family.

So here is my question. Doesn't ANYONE wait to get MARRIED before they have babies anymore? Mitt Romney caught some flack for saying basically the same thing at CPAC last year, but the man is right. Take it from a 26-year-old male who is tired of his dating pool being saturated with kids. Time for the lifeguard to blow the whistle for adults-only swim.

End rant.
Statisically, the more intelligent a woman is the more likely that she will be childfree. Maybe you need to start pursuing smarter women LOL

20yrsinBranson
blissfully childfree

Old 05-29-2009, 11:00 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,210,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaybird001 View Post
hey..I see it this way..if you don't want to date someone with a child then don't, but don't start putting the blame on women or men..Its not like you are the one raising the kids. Why are you people so concern with other people problems. worry about your self...Sometimes I dislike people...we are so quick to judge others. If you don't want to date a women with a child, then don't...end of story and for the women who do have kids..so WHAT..you are not caring for those kids..so why are you worry about what they are going through..like it has an effect on you...Its almost like people who date out of their race and outsiders feel like its wrong, so they want to put in their opinions. GET A LIFE PEOPLE.
I suggest that if you don't want to read other people's HONEST opinions about what they think, then you do not frequent a message board, since that is really what they are about, KWIM?

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-29-2009, 11:02 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,262,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
How many of these single fathers actually asked or begged their baby momma to have their kids? It's not that difficult to prevent pregnancy through the pill, patch or shot. These young women have to have more commonsense about their relationships and not get pregnant as a way to get their bad boy guy to settle down and marry with them.

I still can't get over that 29 year old guy in TN with 21 kids with 11 different women.... and he only makes minimum wage. Maybe he fooled one woman, but that leaves 10 really stupid women with some of them having TWO of his kids!!!

And yes, he's black.

Rant - Desmond Hatchett: 29 Years Old, 21 Kids

Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 AM

493 posts, read 667,822 times
Quote:
I just don't think it should be this difficult to find a pool of classy, attractive, and CHILDLESS women in such a large and fairly metropolitan city. I am outgoing, educated, have a good career, no threat to Brad Pitt but the looks decent wagon didn't pass me by completely, and I certainly have no trouble approaching women. Why am I having such trouble finding "keepers" who don't have kids?
Because the vast majority of women *aren't* keepers (at least in your eyes). You're obviously pickier than most guys...it's going to be an uphill battle finding one that makes you want to bother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships