Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:48 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,251,129 times

Advertisements

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...63_634x922.jpg

High School Musical star Efron whips off his shirt to man a hot grill in still from new film Neighbors | Mail Online

Here is an article showing that the readers are talking about a certain celebrity as if he were a piece of man-meat. It's clear that looks indeed are a part of attraction, despite people's preferences for different looks. Here are some interesting user comments:

Quote:
. I'm interested, but apparently he has a tiny weenie. Will need to find this out for myself.
Quote:
Each time the DM post a photo of a sexy celeb in a bikini , they should post a sexy male celeb for us females. Its only right we should have equality. Us women like something hot to look at as well.
Quote:
Just think - it will have been some EXTREMELY lucky make-up assistant's job to put dark shadow on his muscles to make them stand out more. I'm in the wrong career. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 09:52 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,440,908 times
Some people say that because to some people, looks just are not all together important. There are far more important things in a person .

Old 09-02-2013, 09:52 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,117,609 times
Looks DO matter...but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are lots of folks I find attractive, though my friends may not agree. Likewise, there are lots of folks they find attractive that I just find barf-worthy. Is it the only thing I would consider when choosing a partner? Absolutely not!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:58 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,690,744 times
Eh...it's a celebrity. All we really have to go on is looks and the characters they play in movies/shows. They make their living by being really, really ridiculously good looking so it's not too much of a stretch to have them objectified like that.

And as Sixy says, looks absolutely do matter...but there are a lot of other things that matter more.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Looks DO matter...but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are lots of folks I find attractive, though my friends may not agree. Likewise, there are lots of folks they find attractive that I just find barf-worthy.
Same with me. What I consider attractive, is not really considered that by some of my friends, and what some of my friends find attractive, I prefer differently.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 AM

213 posts, read 505,623 times
I'm pretty sure that Delta Psi Beta is not a real fraternity.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh...it's a celebrity. All we really have to go on is looks and the characters they play in movies/shows. They make their living by being really, really ridiculously good looking so it's not too much of a stretch to have them objectified like that.

And as Sixy says, looks absolutely do matter...but there are a lot of other things that matter more.
Go to Miami Beach or even the volleyball sandbox in my hometown's park and you'll find no shortage of shirtless men with abs and sunglasses. Where I used to live, Zac is nothing special, in terms of looks

Old 09-02-2013, 10:17 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,690,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Go to Miami Beach or even the volleyball sandbox in my hometown's park and you'll find no shortage of shirtless men with abs and sunglasses. Where I used to live, Zac is nothing special, in terms of looks
I've actually run into him a few times, he grew up in a neighboring city and my sister dated one of his friends in High School.

Regardless, I'm not impressed by abs or anything, so it's kind of a non-issue for me.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:20 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,730,980 times
Looks matter to an extent. Everybody has a different idea on what is physically attractive and you need that attraction to be initially interested in someone. However in the long run personality is far more important than looks. IMO I think we are waaaayyyyy to focused on material and physical things.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,045,251 times
Don't believe everything you read on this forum, and on the internet in general.

Looks absolutely 100% DO matter. Saying anything different is a blatant lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships