Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:31 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times

Advertisements

I agree in that men who smoke aren't attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 12:32 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree in that men who smoke aren't attractive.

Even if you smoke, you'll still be a smoking hottie!!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Yeh, but those guys that smoke that same slimy cigar all day and smell of beer sure are attractive, especially when they have plumber crack.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
I don't care for ANYBODY smoking! The receptionist at my son's doctor's office has such a deep voice, it's hard to understand what she's saying. She sounds like one of Marge Simpson's sisters - only with a deeper voice.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM

2,046 posts, read 919,606 times
To captaincatfish and cpg35223 I say AMEN! cpg - good points, all valid and unfortunately true. captain - you have the right to speak your mind anytime AND to smoke or not. lionking has the same rights and BTW, lionking, I believe the extra 70 cents on your cigarette tax had more to do with the healthcare they anticipate you will need than the whining non-smokers are doing about how you smell, if that's what you're implying. captain, i'm a year older than you and 2 years before you lost your mother to lung cancer, I did too. It was horrible and changed me permanently. I had already lost my father in '81 to a smoking-related disease. Why anyone, male or female, would start smoking, or continue to smoke given what is known today about the effects of tobacco on one's health just boggles my mind. But, it is everyone's right and I respect that. Oddly enough, I'm a former smoker (21 years and counting) but I can't stand the smell. And just like smokers have the right to smoke, I have the right not to be around them when they do.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:20 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPbaby View Post
To captaincatfish and cpg35223 I say AMEN! cpg - good points, all valid and unfortunately true. captain - you have the right to speak your mind anytime AND to smoke or not. lionking has the same rights and BTW, lionking, I believe the extra 70 cents on your cigarette tax had more to do with the healthcare they anticipate you will need than the whining non-smokers are doing about how you smell, if that's what you're implying. captain, i'm a year older than you and 2 years before you lost your mother to lung cancer, I did too. It was horrible and changed me permanently. I had already lost my father in '81 to a smoking-related disease. Why anyone, male or female, would start smoking, or continue to smoke given what is known today about the effects of tobacco on one's health just boggles my mind. But, it is everyone's right and I respect that. Oddly enough, I'm a former smoker (21 years and counting) but I can't stand the smell. And just like smokers have the right to smoke, I have the right not to be around them when they do.

Read my thread here and you will see some see it just fine to force people not to smoke.I don't smoke around anybody if it bothers them,we smokers have thru time been told law after law and ban after ban limiting places to smoke which is fine,I can understand but now anti smoking crusaders are taking it to a new level saying they don't want to endure the smell of cigarette on us.Well friggin excuse me if you catch a wiff of cigarette on my clothes.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-going-up.html

Go ahead,ignore the concept of liberty,soon enough something you like will be nannied and regulated out of existance.And as far as taxes for healthcare once they come to the conclusion that they aren't getting enough money from tobacco you non smokers will be hit up for taxes also.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
You know, this got me thinking. In looking at all the women smokers that I've seen, they all seem to have another thing in common - its like they already KNOW they are unattractive so it doesnt matter to them what other people would say.

Here in Los Angeles, it rare to find people who are smokers, if they do smoke there's a 90% chance they are from another country. Its even rarer to find/see women who smoke. But the few that I have seen, even if they never smoked in their lives, I would NEVER EVER say they are sexy.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
You know, this got me thinking. In looking at all the women smokers that I've seen, they all seem to have another thing in common - its like they already KNOW they are unattractive so it doesnt matter to them what other people would say.

Here in Los Angeles, it rare to find people who are smokers, if they do smoke there's a 90% chance they are from another country. Its even rarer to find/see women who smoke. But the few that I have seen, even if they never smoked in their lives, I would NEVER EVER say they are sexy.
lol California is full of looney liberals who preach tolerance but legislate intolerance.California is about as anti freedom as it gets,with liberals so full on themselves you need a pedistal just to look at them eye to eye because of their inflated ego...

I eat junk food,chocolate,soda,coffee,smoke....everything people nanny about and my doc just told me Im normal weight,blood pressure fine with normal cholesteral.But I can't stand out somewhere and smoke a cig or eat a friggin burger without some moron having to butt in and say "you know that isn't good for you"

Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
lol California is full of looney liberals who preach tolerance but legislate intolerance.California is about as anti freedom as it gets,with liberals so full on themselves you need a pedistal just to look at them eye to eye because of their inflated ego...
LOL. Whatever dude. Whatever.

Well, as a right leaning conservative life long Republican from California, I disagree with you. I do however, love the laws we have about making it illegal to smoke in restaurants, parks and beaches. I even really love the Calabasas law that prohibits public smoking.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:37 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
I eat junk food,chocolate,soda,coffee,smoke....everything people nanny about
What, no booze?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships