Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:39 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
LOL. Whatever dude. Whatever.

Well, a right leaning conservative life long Republican from California, I disagree with you. I do however, love the laws we have about making it illegal to smoke in restaurants, parks and beaches. I even really love the Calabasas law that prohibits public smoking.
Me too!

We rarely see smokers here in the Coachella Valley because of the health-conscious lifestyles most people lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 01:40 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:

Well, a right leaning conservative life long Republican from California, I disagree with you. I do however, love the laws we have about making it illegal to smoke in restaurants, parks and beaches. I even really love the Calabasas law that prohibits public smoking.
I have no problem not smoking in food establishments or malls or buses or whatever.But read my thread and you'll see some complain just about a person smelling of cigarette and that is enough to punish people for.

It isn't us smokers being intolerant for the most part,anti smokers have become crusaders against smokers.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:40 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,974,922 times
Smoking by anyone at anytime, ever is not sexy. In fact its pretty much the polar opposite. Its gross. It stinks and i completely agree with OP that if you kiss a girl who smokes it tastes horrible - even if they havent smoked lately. Then of course their car/house and clothes stink too.

G Man

Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,005,075 times
You can't compare smoking to Burgers. You just can't. A burger is food and provides some nutrition to the body, despite the risk that too much will hurt you. A cigarette has ZERO health benefits, hurts your body, and secondhand hambuger fumes won't poison someone in the immediate area.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Me too!

We rarely see smokers here in the Coachella Valley because of the health-conscious lifestyles most people lead.
Well good for you,but butt out of my lifestyle,I don't need you nannying me.I enjoy relaxing to a cigarette,is that so hard to understand?I like the taste

Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
You can't compare smoking to Burgers. You just can't. A burger is food and provides some nutrition to the body, despite the risk that too much will hurt you. A cigarette has ZERO health benefits, hurts your body, and secondhand hambuger fumes won't poison someone in the immediate area.
So what?Do what you want,stay out of my lifestyle also.....

Old 04-01-2009, 01:43 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
Quote:
You know, this got me thinking. In looking at all the women smokers that I've seen, they all seem to have another thing in common - its like they already KNOW they are unattractive so it doesnt matter to them what other people would say.
Heh, we clearly have not met. *smoulder*

Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
So what?Do what you want,stay out of my lifestyle also.....
Put down the Les Paul and put down the bong. No one said anything about your lifestyle - YOU brought up your burgers and what not.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well good for you,but butt out of my lifestyle,I don't need you nannying me.I enjoy relaxing to a cigarette,is that so hard to understand?I like the taste
Hey - I don't care what you do, just as long as you don't do it around me.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,683,001 times
Exclamation DaBeez---YOU---A Right Winger?!

Quote:

Well, as a right leaning conservative life long Republican from California, I disagree with you. I do however, love the laws we have about making it illegal to smoke in restaurants, parks and beaches. I even really love the Calabasas law that prohibits public smoking.
LOL...I was smiling broadly when I typed that, and I said it with love...I'm a black, 'liberal/consevative/kitchen sink' Democrat, and I've always said that there were honorable folk in the Republican party, candidates and voter base alike...you reinforce that belief today, and I'm proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with you, even though there may be other stuff we disagree on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships