Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:26 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

Well, it was a simple question. Do you find women who smoke attractive? Predictably, this devolved into smoking rights.

Personally, I dislike the idea of a smoking tax. Why? Because it's just not the government's business if you squeeb yourself or not--unless, of course, you avail yourself of Medicare and Medicaid. And, even then, that's a slippery slope, for it begins the dangerous notion that the government can make you do other things that are good for you, whether you like it or not. Red meat kills lots of people, too, but taking my steak from me is apt to put me in a grouchy mood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 02:31 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Well, it was a simple question. Do you find women who smoke attractive?
Ok, If I think a woman is sexy, smoking does not take away from that.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:53 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I didnt think much of it at first, but when smoking bans went in to place in Chicago and Houston it made a big impact on me. You didnt notice how smoky you were getting at a bar/restaurant until you got home. After the ban you realized you clothes didnt stink the next day. Went I went places where people smokes it seemed terrible. As for the OP, I think women who smoke are quite unattractive.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,019,930 times
Filthy and disgusting, nothing is nastier or more pointless to me as a habit than addictivelly breathing in noxious stinking chemicals. Might as well suck the exhaust out of a car's exhaust pipe.

Last edited by RichardW; 04-01-2009 at 03:10 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 11:10 PM

267 posts, read 898,180 times
I don't think any woman smokes TRYING to be sexy . . . unless we're talking 12 year old little girls who are just starting as smokers because they think it makes them look "cool" or "older"

Women smoke because they smoke - its a bad habit they picked up along the way for whichever one of a million reasons that people of all genders pick up bad habits.

I used to smoke. I quit. I still actually LIKE the smell of cigarette smoke - but only in moderation. I don't want to smell it while I'm eating, I don't want to be forced to sit in a car or building with someone smoking, etc. . . but, whatever.

My point is that smoking may be gross, but its not like anyone does it thinking that its ok. People who smoke know that its gross, and they know that its unhealthy, and they know that people who don't smoke can't stand the smell or the taste or the idea. BUT they smoke anyways . . . so a little extra support in helping people quit goes a lot farther than the general rundown about how gross it is - smokers have all heard that about a million and one times before.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
My point is that smoking may be gross, but its not like anyone does it thinking that its ok. People who smoke know that its gross, and they know that its unhealthy, and they know that people who don't smoke can't stand the smell or the taste or the idea. BUT they smoke anyways . . . so a little extra support in helping people quit goes a lot farther than the general rundown about how gross it is - smokers have all heard that about a million and one times before.
Actually, some of us do NOT think so.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,020 times
Do I know what it does, absolutely....Do I know how it smells, yes, indeed, I do. As a smoker, I can say, yes, I am addicted. Have I quit before? Yes, for 7 yrs. I am not under some silly illusion that smoking is a GOOD thing to do....
I smoke in my car, outside my home...
I lived in CA until Dec 2008 and haven't been able to smoke inside anyplace forever....although I can remember when you could smoke everywhere...
I do know the mortality rates of smokers....blah blah....
I applaud the ones who quit cold turkey. I do.
It's the toughest addiction I have battled. And the ones I have battled are all illegal.
So if I still smoke? I'm ok with that for now.
The DH thinks I am sexy....smoker or not....

Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Smoking sucks. But it's really not any more unattractive when it's a woman doing it than when it's a man doing it. It's equally lame, stupid, and unappealing. Guys who smoke look just as tacky and low class as women who do.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
It would be disgusting to kiss a guy that smokes as well.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:45 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Pretty sure it reeks the same on guys as it does on gals, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships