Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 03:48 PM

219 posts, read 436,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
1.well, the promiscuity would get me laid,
And that's all that counts? Taking a girl when she's down and traumatized, and acting out of trauma?
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2
3. haven't seen my one sister in like 10 years(no more, I saw her before the last time I saw my dad, which was 11 years ago), so I wouldn't really care what anyone does with/to her.
Like I said, man, get yourself some humanity. Your family walked out on you, so it's ok to kick others when their down, if it gets you off? Or blow them off completely? Get help, man. Sounds like you have some trauma going on, yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 04:10 PM

355 posts, read 388,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorbaTheGeek View Post
1.And that's all that counts? Taking a girl when she's down and traumatized, and acting out of trauma?

2.Like I said, man, get yourself some humanity. Your family walked out on you, so it's ok to kick others when their down, if it gets you off? Or blow them off completely? Get help, man. Sounds like you have some trauma going on, yourself.
1. if you asked me what the two most important parts of life were, I'd tell you "sex and video games" what does that tell you? though I can imagine video games might provide much needed/wanted escapism for an abuse victim and I'd be ok if she wanted to spend large portions of her time in a virtual world or something(I could do that with her).

2. technically, most of my cousins and siblings are paternal, so when my mom kicked my dad out because of some.... errr.... domestic issues I lost contact with that whole side of the family

I barely remember them because it's been over a decade, ergo I don't care that much about them(about as much as you care about any random stranger you see walking down the street), I don't hate them, I just don't have any particularly strong feelings for them.

the last time I had to console someone was when my friend got his ass kicked(granted, it was the second time he got his ass kicked by that particular guy and the same guy had kicked my ass a couple of weeks or months beforehand) all I did was **** him off and make it worse with my best efforts... i couldn't even help him because I can't fight for **** and would've just given the guy another ass to kick.

I can't really see that as a preferable alternative to just avoiding them(or the subject) until they just get over it.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 485 times
It's sad to read that some people suggest dumping the girl. The whole reason this girl has issues is because that's exactly how someone saw her and treated her. She was treated like a sexual object to be used & dumped. She needs someone to love her and show her she is more than a sexual being. She needs to feel that she will not be used and dumped. Yes, this will take time. For some depending on the severity and support system at the time of the abuse, it may take a life time. I know I was sexually abused throughout my childhood. Everyone has issues or flaws. You can focus on them or focus on the good in others and lift them up. It's up to you. I personally choose love over judgement & abandonment unless it's unhealthy for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships