Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 04:52 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,151,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
I hope you save some of your sympathy for her, seeing as how she's the real victim.
Yeah, but unfortunately I didn't feel that sympathetic. Sometimes people can report them. I know that there are girls who won't. But her father was known to be a slimy man (he never married the mom and he loves material possessions more than people) everyone avoided and both his wife and daughter actually refused to report him to the police. Her mother was a woman who scammed the government through FAFSA (long story) and so now they're getting $20,000 for free every month. Granted all of that's bad and I can't control how she was born into such a family, but she had a chance to go to the police/psychologists/whatever and didn't! What was she thinking? She's since cleaned up a bit and been through counseling, where it was revealed she was a PTSD sufferer and had mild OCD. She hasn't changed much, though. It's both sad and funny when you look at how she lives.

I know people would say, "Well, loosen up 'cause that's her fam who supports her." When my mom beat the ___ out of me in elementary school for tiny things like saying the wrong words or eating something I shouldn't of, I definitely told psychologists and school staff who turned cops and CPS on her. That's another story, but yeah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 05:17 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Yeah, but unfortunately I didn't feel that sympathetic. Sometimes people can report them. I know that there are girls who won't. But her father was known to be a slimy man (he never married the mom and he loves material possessions more than people) everyone avoided and both his wife and daughter actually refused to report him to the police. Her mother was a woman who scammed the government through FAFSA (long story) and so now they're getting $20,000 for free every month. Granted all of that's bad and I can't control how she was born into such a family, but she had a chance to go to the police/psychologists/whatever and didn't! What was she thinking? She's since cleaned up a bit and been through counseling, where it was revealed she was a PTSD sufferer and had mild OCD. She hasn't changed much, though. It's both sad and funny when you look at how she lives.

I know people would say, "Well, loosen up 'cause that's her fam who supports her." When my mom beat the ___ out of me in elementary school for tiny things like saying the wrong words or eating something I shouldn't of, I definitely told psychologists and school staff who turned cops and CPS on her. That's another story, but yeah.

people have the opportunity to do a lot of things but don't out of shame or blame or whatever. It's a little ironic how a person can say 'well I don't feel that bad for the person,' and then wonder why they didn't go to police......

Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
people have the opportunity to do a lot of things but don't out of shame or blame or whatever. It's a little ironic how a person can say 'well I don't feel that bad for the person,' and then wonder why they didn't go to police......
I said I didn't feel "that" bad. My meaning was that it wasn't as bad as I felt for her two boyfriends. I don't see how your comment is even relevant because there have been cases where people wondered why serial killers or celebs didn't go to police. It would be nice if CD users didn't assume things, but I don't think that's gonna change.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I said I didn't feel "that" bad. My meaning was that it wasn't as bad as I felt for her two boyfriends. I don't see how your comment is even relevant because there have been cases where people wondered why serial killers or celebs didn't go to police. It would be nice if CD users didn't assume things, but I don't think that's gonna change.

My comments were based on the previous quote as well as this one from earlier on in the thread that you made:

I knew one girl who was raped by her own father and a male classmate () and she became a very obsessive, clingy, and passive individual. I felt sorry her for two BFs.

With that said, I don't think common sense is going to get any better on here either.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:33 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
I hope you save some of your sympathy for her, seeing as how she's the real victim.
I would feel bad for her BFs as well.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
My comments were based on the previous quote as well as this one from earlier on in the thread that you made:

I knew one girl who was raped by her own father and a male classmate () and she became a very obsessive, clingy, and passive individual. I felt sorry her for two BFs.

With that said, I don't think common sense is going to get any better on here either.
Yeah, but that just goes back to what I stated earlier. Also, I wrote that if it were me, I would still have went ahead and chosen to report to school staff and/or police because I've been physically "punished" by my mom. Of course, I took action immediately. One of my cousins had a view supporting this girl's, though, and she was basically saying, "Alright. Well, you have a lot of nerve, then. For us it would be like biting the hand that feeds us. Also, as a nine year old girl who was brutally raped/beaten/whatever, you can't actually just go up to school counselors and tell them that your parents traumatized you." I could, but to each their own.
My counselor was saying, "That's not the point. If a parent is unfairly spanking or assaulting their child, that is something that needs to be solved. It's not right for them to be doing this to their kids." Even then, though, the bad part is that usually it's not an easy thing to fix. You never really "get over" something like that, but just have to put it behind you.

True. So many threads/comments here could of been solved with common sense.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but that just goes back to what I stated earlier. Also, I wrote that if it were me, I would still have went ahead and chosen to report to school staff and/or police because I've been physically "punished" by my mom. Of course, I took action immediately. One of my cousins had a view supporting this girl's, though, and she was basically saying, "Alright. Well, you have a lot of nerve, then. For us it would be like biting the hand that feeds us. Also, as a nine year old girl who was brutally raped/beaten/whatever, you can't actually just go up to school counselors and tell them that your parents traumatized you." I could, but to each their own.
My counselor was saying, "That's not the point. If a parent is unfairly spanking or assaulting their child, that is something that needs to be solved. It's not right for them to be doing this to their kids." Even then, though, the bad part is that usually it's not an easy thing to fix. You never really "get over" something like that, but just have to put it behind you.

True. So many threads/comments here could of been solved with common sense.

That's the integral part you're missing here. Everyone wants to play 'shoulda, coulda, woulda,' when it's not them. The same with the 'just put it behind you,' talk. Yea sure..... This thread isn't about being beaten by a parent it's about being sexually abused/raped, isn't it? . Those two issues are not the same things.

The lack of understanding that many people have is the very reason many do not report these crimes.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
That's the integral part you're missing here. Everyone wants to play 'shoulda, coulda, woulda,' when it's not them. The same with the 'just put it behind you,' talk. Yea sure..... This thread isn't about being beaten by a parent it's about being sexually abused/raped, isn't it? . Those two issues are not the same things.

The lack of understanding that many people have is the very reason many do not report these crimes.
I have been sexually assaulted by a classmate before as well and I'm having that experience. Anybody could turn around and say otherwise. I know there were girls who were assaulted or raped and then turned around and "forgave" the guy even after reporting to police. Do I forgive mine? No.

I thought I covered both. I did mention the other two saying "assault" and "rape" afterwards. BTW, I still would of done the same, but our opinions don't even mean ___ because again, it's her life and she chose not to.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I have been sexually assaulted by a classmate before as well and I'm having that experience. Anybody could turn around and say otherwise. I know there were girls who were assaulted and raped and then turned around and "forgave" the guy even after reporting to police. Do I forgive mine? No.

I thought I covered both. I did mention the other two saying "assault" and "rape" afterwards. BTW, I still would of done the same, but our opinions don't even mean ___ because again, it's her life and she chose not to.

That's fine if you wish to discuss your personal situations where these matters are concerned. I don't. I will say that I know a former classmate that was gang raped by 4 other classmates of ours. I never been in that situation but I still don't think I have a right to play the 'coulda, shoulda, woulda' game with her circumstances. That's all I'm saying, it's the incorrect way to look at these situations. And having been a 'victim' yourself, you realyl shouldn't be doing it. She did report it and they did go to jail (one of them is currently a fugitive, which is just great isn't it? ).....every woman or boy does not react to these types of things the same way, just because some other outspoken person did A,B, or C, so what? that's all I'm saying.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
That's fine if you wish to discuss your personal situations where these matters are concerned. I don't. I will say that I know a former classmate that was gang raped by 4 other classmates of ours. I never been in that situation but I still don't think I have a right to play the 'coulda, shoulda, woulda' game with her circumstances. That's all I'm saying, it's the incorrect way to look at these situations. And having been a 'victim' yourself, you realyl shouldn't be doing it. She did report it and they did go to jail (one of them is currently a fugitive, which is just great isn't it? ).....every woman or boy does not react to these types of things the same way, just because some other outspoken person did A,B, or C, so what? that's all I'm saying.
I was sharing my personal experiences because they relate to the topic at hand. If I really didn't care about anyone, I would of not posted here at all.

Even though I was a "victim", there were people doing the same with me. Some girls argued this was probably not good to begin with since, "It's not really assault because you put yourself in that situation." and "Well, maybe you shouldn't of dressed/acted that way. We wouldn't of. You learn that in school all the time."

But I see what you're saying. Just like how she didn't seem weighed down by the experience the way I was, she still sees her father often and they talk. There is nothing in her attitude or speech that implies she hates him and she has to keep carrying the rape around like bricks. If anything, she forgot about it even though it was quite severe. That's the way some people have been, which I've already mentioned, and that's how they're always gonna be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships