Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 PM

232 posts, read 595,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
When she said: "What's that?" I would have immediately said with a playfully condescending tone: "It's called a cell phone. You put your number in it and then I can call you later. It's really pretty amazing!"

If she still said: "You're NOT getting my number." I would then have pretended to be insulted (but obviously not) and said: "Fine! By that way!" and put it back in my pocket.

After all that if she dared to say that: "aww, don't feel bad" crap to me I would have said: "Wait a minute... you think I'm gay AND you think I'm trying to pick you up. So that makes you, what? Transgendered? That's amazing I could have sworn you were born a girl! When did you know you where a woman in a man's body?"

I would have loved to see her reaction LOL
Like I said, hindsight is 20/20

Maybe I should have said this. Maybe I should have said that.

But it's too late now to say any of that. I was really hurt and insulted and shocked and I couldn't think on my toes for anything snappy to say.

Eitherway, I know I'll probably see her again there. What should I say next?

Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Hello?? Did you or did you NOT say the following?????

THAT is what I meant by your "approach"....not that YOU literally "approached" her!!! And yes....what you did - with pulling out the cell phone, and said to her - to me, sounds very very odd.

Approaching means just that; going towards someone; making first contact.

If you're not interested in a guy, don't lead him on by talking to him. It's that simple.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post

It is NOT possible that EVERY person you meet is going to be interested. Ot's like going on a job interview. Sometimes you'll get the job, sometimes you won't. The only thing you can do is be yourself

Didn't you just say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Sweetie your number one problem is you like to use cheesy lines and actions. "Let's meet up again except not by accident" is cheesy and pulling out your phone was presumptive.

You seem like a really nice guy, just clueless. Like you've seen too many cool guy movies and think that the on-screen stuff really works. It doesn't in real life.
Please, what do I have to do or say to convince you people that I didn't try to use a cheesy line or as cripted phrase?

I WAS JUST BEING MYSELF!

It was just something that came out naturally and unconsciously in a conversation.

It wasn't a "cheesy line," it wasn't "on-screen stuff," it was just something that came out because I was "just being myself," like you said.

What is it going to take to get you to believe this?

Last edited by Cyanosphere; 05-10-2009 at 12:54 PM..

Old 05-10-2009, 12:56 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,804,685 times
I don't think you were being cheesy. You just sounded a little awkward, but that's OK. The girl was just rude and stuck-up.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,037,327 times
I'd pretend to scratch an itch on my face with my middle finger. I've done it a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
L

Old 05-10-2009, 01:32 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,402,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
Nothing, I would completely ignore her, she's not worth worrying about. Just go on doing what you normally do there, hanging out, studying, whatever. Don't let yourself be intimidated or humiliated into changing your hangout or behavior.

And I for one believe you that you were just saying what comes naturally, nothing wrong with that. I also disagree with the comment that you're clueless. It is in fact that girl who is clueless in how to treat people decently. She's taking no responsibility for approaching you or inviting you over. Asking for her number was perfectly reasonable. All she had to say was: "I don't think I know you well enough yet to give out my number."

Even if she thought the way you asked was odd, she didn't have to make fun of you. She's just a sad pathetic little girl who hasn't grown up yet. Pity her if you want but don't let her bring you down to her level.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,045,683 times
Quote:
If you're not interested in a guy, don't lead him on by talking to him. It's that simple.
So...women should not engage you in conversation unless they eventually would like to sleep with you?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,037,327 times
They should engage in conversation if they want to make friendly small talk, are curious about something, want to make a new friend, network, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So...women should not engage you in conversation unless they eventually would like to sleep with you?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:02 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,402,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I hadn't thought about this, she might be right Cyan. It's probably that the girl wanted you to pound her on the table right then and there but just felt bad for her gay buddy.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,045,683 times
Quote:
They should engage in conversation if they want to make friendly small talk, are curious about something, want to make a new friend, network, etc
Remember, we have only ONE persons perspective of this encounter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships