Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:03 PM

454 posts, read 597,251 times

Advertisements

Erm, how old are you? what's so wrong about wanting to settle down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 09:14 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,321,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I noticed with women after the age of 30, that they started wanting to plan on having kids too. And I believed that things should happen naturally too. Thats why I got a vasectomy, continued dating, having sex (and sometimes lots of it) and just never told any of the women that I was with. It was perfect, because the ones that wanted to have a kid, kept F-ing as if their lives depended on it, in some attempt to get pregnant, not knowing the whole time that it wouldn't happen. Whenever I got to a point where I wanted out and needed to move on quickly, I would casually mention that I had a vasectomy. Over, just like that - it works perfectly.
Most women I know who are not in a committed marriage do not try to get pregnant no matter what the age. I don't know what type of women these are that are having lots of sex with you - but I suspect they probably were on birth control pills and just didn't bother to tell you.

If they were trying to get pregnant that is pretty sick and weird.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,302,670 times
I know this is an old thread and I may have even responded way back when (don't want to read it all) but unless the OP edited his original post I see NOTHING wrong with anyone saying they want to settle down and have kids. It means they want a serious relationship and not a wham/bam type of thing. If that's all it takes to scare a guy then they sure are pussys. No guy is entitled to no obligation sex from anyone.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:05 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,802,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
this is an old thread, I wonder what ended up happening, and if he ever found "the one".
Good grief, this thread is two years old and TVSG has continued to post and is still creating threads about exactly the same dilemmas. Resurrecting such an old thread only demonstrates that some things NEVER change and some people NEVER learn. A couple more years down the line and I'll be the first to eat my hat if anything changes ...

Old 06-18-2011, 08:58 AM

29,771 posts, read 34,491,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Most women I know who are not in a committed marriage do not try to get pregnant no matter what the age. I don't know what type of women these are that are having lots of sex with you - but I suspect they probably were on birth control pills and just didn't bother to tell you.

If they were trying to get pregnant that is pretty sick and weird.
No more sick and weird than him having lots of unprotected sex with strange women, especially with the idea that he's pulling one over on their compulsive baby-having fantasies.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:12 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,669,941 times
Don't worry, TV&Sports, I can think of no better cure for wanting to get married than hanging out with you.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:35 PM

83 posts, read 281,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I met this girl online in April and we have been chatting on the phone since then and supposed to meet next week but I'm a little uncomfortable her mentioning how she is at the age now(31) where she is looking to be married and have kids.

It screams 2 things: 1)There's a good chance she's crazy and 2)"You weren't good enough to f*ck me when I was in my prime and slutted it up with various jerkoffs, but you're good enough to be my security blanket and settle down with".

Old 06-18-2011, 07:27 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,324,249 times
Quote:
I met this girl online in April and we have been chatting on the phone since then and supposed to meet next week but I'm a little uncomfortable her mentioning how she is at the age now(31) where she is looking to be married and have kids.

I really don't need to hear this because I think things should happen naturally. I don't want to talk about marriage when I haven't met you yet. And her references to us living together is something that makes me uncomfortable and seriously considering not meeting her.

Guys if you were me would you be turned off?

Do you mind if I give you my two cents?

Actually, I can see your point. But don't you think it's best to bring that up early in a forming relationship? I know it must be scary when such a serious topic is layed out on the table so soon, but if two people should be at the opposite ends of the spectrum on important matters as this, then it is best to nip it in the bud.

One of my friends, who is in her 30's and still childless, ended up in a relationship with a guy who didn't want kids (she does). She never addressed that concern with him, and eventually she dumped him, after his feelings for her had deepened. She really needed to be honest about it much earlier.

And it's good to get a 'feel' for a guy's views on permanency, because if his values don't match hers then it is a waste of time for both.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,323,469 times
Quote:
I just send her email saying that I don't think we should meet face to face because I i't want kids and that sheshould talk to a guy who is looking for the same thing she is in the next 5 years.

Her conversations were starting to make me unomfortable and could no longer talk to her. If we had not met face to face and been on 3 dates it was no reason forher t say-"did you miss me?
If you're so sure that you don't want kids, why not get a vasectomy?
That way, there'd be no need for discussion.

I know plenty of women who are not interested in breeding.
I'm one of them.

You're looking for excuses.
Why not just bow out gracefully?
You're adult enough for that, aren't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships