Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 09:54 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times

Advertisements

perma dirt. a few minutes with the needle & presto, sleazy forever. dead is any chance of convincing anybody you are the girl next door. mark of the beast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 09:55 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,090,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post
I think it's kind of trashy. It makes a woman look dirty and low class and like she doesn't respect herself. I guess some guys can find this hot, but probably only for a short term thing.

Just wow.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:31 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,219,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
wow, you really are proud of being closed minded and judgemental......

all these preconceived notions of what someone is like who has tattoos. Who are you to say that people who have elaborate can't afford to have them?

You obviously don't know them, so how would you know? And who are you to say what someone should or should not spend their money on?

It's not your business what others decide to spend their money on or why or even if they can afford it.....

good grief.....
I've met a LOT of people with tattoos and body piercings, some became casual friends, some are co-workers... and not one of those people has ever impressed me or caused me to be envious of their permanent body art markings. And I do agree with yoyogirl, it does make them like low class trash or wannabe artsy/music people on first impression, or they are people with occasional lapses in good judgment. And if I were an employer, I wouldn't hire them for any positions where they would be coming in visual contact with my customers or public unless their tattoos and piercings could be completely covered up. Even then, I would wonder about their commitment to having a serious long term employment to a real career.

So how old are you? What's your highest level of education? And what do you do for work?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:34 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,595,248 times
I am really proud of being the antithesis of the "anti-tattoo" faction, as represented on this thread.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I've met a LOT of people with tattoos and body piercings, some became casual friends, some are co-workers... and not one of those people has ever impressed me or caused me to be envious of their permanent body art markings. And I do agree with yoyogirl, it does make them like low class trash or wannabe artsy/music people on first impression, or they are people with occasional lapses in good judgment. And if I were an employer, I wouldn't hire them for any positions where they would be coming in visual contact with my customers or public unless their tattoos and piercings could be completely covered up. Even then, I would wonder about their commitment to having a serious long term employment to a real career.

So how old are you? What's your highest level of education? And what do you do for work?
I'll answer that.

I'm 41, a business owner....and my educational background doesn't matter...I'm a business owner.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
perma dirt. a few minutes with the needle & presto, sleazy forever. dead is any chance of convincing anybody you are the girl next door. mark of the beast.
It's ironic that the people nattering about how "dirty" and 'trashy" and "low-class" people with tattoos are don't appear to be nearly as articulate or educated as the tattoo proponents on this thread.

But that's generally the way, isn't it?
Where do people typically learn to be open-minded and tolerant?
Oh yeah... college.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:46 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I'll answer that.

I'm 41, a business owner....and my educational background doesn't matter...I'm a business owner.
That's good, so at least you don't have to deal with ever going through a hiring process. With this economy, there is such fierce competition for good jobs, that it doesn't take much for those hiring to toss someone's application out into the trash.

So what kind of business are you in?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:47 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
It's ironic that the people nattering about how "dirty" and 'trashy" and "low-class" people with tattoos are don't appear to be nearly as articulate or educated as the tattoo proponents on this thread.

But that's generally the way, isn't it?
Where do people typically learn to be open-minded and tolerant?
Oh yeah... college.
That's actually kind of vague. What college? And what was your major? What's your career plan?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
That's good, so at least you don't have to deal with ever going through a hiring process. With this economy, there is such fierce competition for good jobs, that it doesn't take much for those hiring to toss someone's application out into the trash.

So what kind of business are you in?

Well, sweetie...I also never had a problem getting a job, even before becoming my own boss, and have never been fired from a job.
The secret is having a good, outgoing personality.

I own a company that provides residential and commercial cleaning services.
I hire people that have tattoos also....amazingly, they have all passed the rigorous drug and criminal background tests that I insist upon.

My workers enter businesses and private homes on a daily basis....never been turned away because a tattoo was showing.

Fortunately, it seems most people are very open minded about tattoos and piercings these days, and my business is thriving.

So I say, WTG to my trashy self!

Old 06-20-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
That's actually kind of vague. What college? And what was your major? What's your career plan?

Oh, I dropped out of high school.
And, like most drop-outs, I don't have a "career"; just a series of jobs (although admittedly, I have a particularly choice one at the moment).

That does not prevent me from being proud that- in attitude and opinion- I typically find myself aligned with the intelligentsia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships