Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:36 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossing over View Post
How do you keep up faith that you'll meet someone decent to grow old with ?

Even if there are days when I don't think about that at all, there are other days when I can't help but noticing how my friends are either by themselves and live isolated lives or in couples and don't go out much (no one can introduce me to anyone else).

Online has not been fruitful until now, except for plain sex offers which are not what I'm looking for. Clubs and bars address quite the same objectives, it seldom happens to find a SO there.

Currently without a job too, so again a bad point. Struggling to get a new job, but that would take care of just the money & job aspect.

On top of that, I sometimes feel like it's a test against a chronometer ... I know I'll be criticized for this by a few ladies who are strong enough to not care about time - but I am not that strong AND my eyes are wide open to the fact that there is a double standard concerning age and the standard IS THERE and that's that.

What do you tell yourself to motivate yourself to think positively and not settle for much less than you would like?
Think about how you achieve any goal any life. For example, imagine trying to lose weight. You picture your goal, come up with a plan for achieving that goal, and work towards it. When you're plan doesn't seem to be working, you come up with a new one. But what keeps you going is believing that you can achieve that goal. And keeps you believing is knowing that you're in control. Losing weight isn't something that just happens to you with luck. It happens cause you work for it. By the same token, meeting that special someone happens cause you do what it takes to find them. The people who expect to magically run into Mr. or Mrs. Right are setting themselves for disappointment. That would be like posting your resume online and waiting for the right employer to find it and contact you. It happens, but imagine if you actually applied to jobs instead of being passive about it? If you find yourself losing faith that you'll meet someone, always remind yourself that you're in control. It's not in the hands of some higher power who'll arrange that chance meeting with someone. If you want something bad enough, go out there and get it. And if what you're doing isn't working, don't look at it as failure. Look at it as valuable experience. If you go online and don't meet anyone there, then you know that method doesn't work and you need to look for a new one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships