Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 05:37 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times

Advertisements

Since we are quoting blogs, here is one that may interest you...

Randi James: Kinda Sorta Like Almost Similar to Pro-Pedophilia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 06:08 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I gave evidence and you offered a link to commentary?
I guess it's too much to ask to actually read where about where those statistics come from. The women make x for every dollar a man makes is a giant logical fallacy. It's like me saying, "Did you know that there's a wage gap between men that drop out of school and women that get masters degrees? Men and women must make equal pay, all reasons for the pay gap's existence be damned!"

That's what feminists sound like that tote out the pay gap mantra. It cracks me up because they don't actually know why it exists. When faced with the facts they just cover their eyes & ears and keep spewing the same old lines.

Since you want statistics then how about this:

Women make 98% of what men make.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/21/comm...hadi/index.htm

Quote:
But all the wage-gap ratio reflects is a comparison of the median earnings of all working women and men who log at least 35 hours a week on the job, any job. That's it.
It doesn't compare those with equal work, equal training, equal education or equal tenure. Nor does it take into account the hours of overtime worked.
The wage gap, in short, "is a good measure of inequality, not necessarily a measure of discrimination," said Heidi Hartmann, president of the Institute for Women's Policy Research.
In other words, wanting to expunge the pay gap isn't about equal opportunity, it's about equal result...even when women work less, take years off from working all together, and take lower paying jobs in general. I'm all for equal opportunity, but anyone for equal result, when you examine the details, is out of their damn minds.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/GiveMeABr...=797045&page=1

Quote:
Since we are quoting blogs, here is one that may interest you...

Randi James: Kinda Sorta Like Almost Similar to Pro-Pedophilia

Fail. Even if he did say that it has no bearing on the argument at hand.

Last edited by Nutz76; 12-11-2009 at 06:23 PM..

Old 12-11-2009, 06:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, she is. It is not part of the marriage vows, but it is an implied part of a marriage contract, just as a husband is supposed to stay faithful to his wife when he is married to her. According to your logic, if a wife decides she shouldn't have sex with her husband anymore, he has the right to find someone who will have sex with him. Right?

She shouldn't have married him. You don't get a mulligan in a marriage.

I'd rather her do that than not want to schtupp me at all.

I'd never want to have sex again in my life if my partner was only having it with me out of a sense of obligation.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
I guess it's too much to ask to actually read where about where those statistics come from. The women make x for every dollar a man makes is a giant logical fallacy. It's like me saying, "Did you know that there's a wage gap between men that drop out of school and women that get masters degrees? Men and women must make equal pay, all reasons for the pay gap's existence be damned!"

That's what feminists sound like that tote out the pay gap mantra. It cracks me up because they don't actually know why it exists. When faced with the facts they just cover their eyes & ears and keep spewing the same old lines.
Believe what you will

Old 12-11-2009, 06:17 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
While it was rare at the time, I made more than my male counterparts. It wasn't that I was overpaid it was that they were underpaid.

Also, here is a recent article from CNN October, 2009

This just reported by CNN

Women are starting to make as much, if not more, than men, especially in third and fourth-tier cities," Rein said.

for the first time, the number of working women in the world's largest market was virtually equal to the number of men. By the end of the year, working women in the U.S. are expected to outnumber men.

Microfinancing gives small, short-term loans almost exclusively to women, because studies show women are most likely to invest in the welfare of the family and -- importantly -- pay loans back on time.

Women: Saviors of the world economy? - CNN.com

Old 12-11-2009, 06:20 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'd never want to have sex again in my life if my partner was only having it with me out of a sense of obligation.
I'd rather her have a sense of obligation than a sense of "I don't want to have sex with you - period."

All depends on your perspective.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I'd rather her have a sense of obligation than a sense of "I don't want to have sex with you - period."

Why would you want to be with someone who is not that interested?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Why would you want to be with someone who is not that interested?

Because that may be your only choice.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:27 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Believe what you will
This is what it looks like when feminists are faced with facts. They roll their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears, and deny & ignore any facts that refute their beliefs.

/threadjack

Now back to why women file for divorce 75% of the time....

Old 12-11-2009, 06:27 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:

Or your standards of quality or lack thereof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships