Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 03:26 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
P.S. also, how many of those men cheated because:
1. wifey got fat
2. wifey decided to not have sex with her husband in violation of her marriage vows
3. was messing around with the pool boy
The second made me laugh. A wife is supposed to have sex with her husband because it's part of her marital vows? What if she no longer finds him attractive? Personally, I wouldn't want my wife to have sex with me out of obligation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 03:48 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Here's another reason:

Women Are Seeing More Parity in Divorces at SmartMoney.com

(note, the emphasis in italics are by me)

IN THE NOT-TOO-DISTANT past, Jo Cooper-Ellis's divorce from husband Peter might have netted her the house and some paltry monthly payments. But in the 21st century, the math of divorce is drastically different. In court in Vermont, Jo won not only $10,000 a month in alimony and child support, but also Peter's entire retirement portfolio — and $1.2 million worth of his unvested stock options at the software company where he's an executive. Granted, Peter won't need reservations for the poorhouse: He commands a salary in the midsix figures. Still, he's going through post-divorce financial trauma. "They took my retirement, my pension, my 401(k) and all the cash," he says. "I didn't even think that was a possibility."

So now we know why women get divorced. The question is now: why do men get married?
Everything about that article was wrong. Women do not make $.74 on the dollar for the same job a man holds. FACT: men & women make the same when they have equal education and experience. Only when women drop out of the rat race for several years to have kids do they suffer a drop in income, and justifiably so. Also, women more often take lower paying jobs than men do. On the whole that's why they make less on average.

Nor do women's quality living go down while men's goes up. FACT: both suffer an equal drop.

People need to stop toting out these old WRONG feminist chestnuts and start using the real unbiased statics that have been done on this stuff.

Last edited by Nutz76; 12-11-2009 at 03:58 PM..

Old 12-11-2009, 04:00 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Everything about that article was wrong. Women do not make $.74 on the dollar for the same job a man holds. FACT: men & women make the same when they have equal education and experience. Only when women drop out of the rat race for several years to have kids do they suffer a drop in income, and justifiably so. Also, women more often take lower paying jobs than men do. On the whole that's why they make less on average.

Nor do women's quality living go down while men's goes up. FACT: both suffer an equal drop.

People need to stop toting out these old WRONG feminist chestnuts and start using the real unbiased statics that have been done on this stuff.
National Committee on Pay Equity NCPE

Old 12-11-2009, 04:00 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
The second made me laugh. A wife is supposed to have sex with her husband because it's part of her marital vows? What if she no longer finds him attractive? Personally, I wouldn't want my wife to have sex with me out of obligation.

A REAL man....you rock....honestly. See? There are some great men out there!! LOL

Old 12-11-2009, 04:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
The second made me laugh. A wife is supposed to have sex with her husband because it's part of her marital vows?
Yes, she is. It is not part of the marriage vows, but it is an implied part of a marriage contract, just as a husband is supposed to stay faithful to his wife when he is married to her. According to your logic, if a wife decides she shouldn't have sex with her husband anymore, he has the right to find someone who will have sex with him. Right?

Quote:
What if she no longer finds him attractive?
She shouldn't have married him. You don't get a mulligan in a marriage.

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't want my wife to have sex with me out of obligation.
I'd rather her do that than not want to schtupp me at all.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, she is. It is not part of the marriage vows, but it is an implied part of a marriage contract, just as a husband is supposed to stay faithful to his wife when he is married to her. According to your logic, if a wife decides she shouldn't have sex with her husband anymore, he has the right to find someone who will have sex with him. Right?

She shouldn't have married him. You don't get a mulligan in a marriage.

I'd rather her do that than not want to schtupp me at all.
You sound like a blast...quite the gentleman.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:02 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Top ten reasons for divorce: Top Ten Reasons for Divorce

Infidelity
Emotional Abuse
Physical Abuse
Incompatibility
Lack of Communicition
Financial Reasons
Sexual Reasons
Change of Prioritites
Unmet Expections
Addiction

Old 12-11-2009, 05:31 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post

Amazon.com: Why Men Earn More: The Startling Truth Behind the Pay Gap -- and What Women Can Do About It (9780814472101): Warren Farrell: Books

http://glennsacks.com/blog/?p=4441

NCPE couldn't possibly be biased now could it? Oh, wait, guess where it originated: http://www.feminist.com/fairpay/

One example of why men, as a whole, get paid more than women, as a whole, not because of discrimination is because they take jobs that pay better. Women will make the same as men when they stop taking off work for years at a time to raise kids and make their way into the glass celler. For example, women rarely get killed on the job--4703 deaths in the workplace for males of 5071 total fatalities for 92.7%:

http://stats.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cftb0238.pdf

Another example of why men, as a whole, get paid more than women, as a whole, is that they don't take off from work for months & years and fall behind in workplace experience. In the UK women get something like a year off from work, with up to 39 weeks being paid time off by the employer! For the record men only get 2 weeks. If anything the feminists should be fighting for men to get more leave or have women's curtailed, at least that'd be the case if they were at all interested in actual equality. Instead they're complaining even more about how unfair it all is. Make no mistake, feminism today has very little to do with actual equality.

Last edited by Nutz76; 12-11-2009 at 05:53 PM..

Old 12-11-2009, 05:32 PM

I gave evidence and you offered a link to commentary?

Old 12-11-2009, 05:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
You sound like a blast...quite the gentleman.
Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships