Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 06:06 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Yeah, but, eventually, looks fade...what's left after that?
^^^ This is something my mother made clear to me when I was a girl. You can't coast through life on your looks. You'll end up bitter and alone. It's good to keep in mind.

When I was dating, I was about an 8.5. Depends how much you care about scars. I have lots of them up and down my legs. Nothing deep and they can be hidden by tights/pantyhoes. Women could be catty, but there was always a lead up. I didn't trust them, so they didn't have much opportunity to stab me in the back. Men have been much more brutal in my experience because I trusted them. Sometimes things I needed to hear, more often than not, they were being unnecessarily hurtful.

It's a shame women cut each other, but I don't see it as something to worry too much about it. If they're not your friends, you don't take it as personally. KWIM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 06:18 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
^^^ This is something my mother made clear to me when I was a girl. You can't coast through life on your looks. You'll end up bitter and alone. It's good to keep in mind.

When I was dating, I was about an 8.5. Depends how much you care about scars. I have lots of them up and down my legs. Nothing deep and they can be hidden by tights/pantyhoes. Women could be catty, but there was always a lead up. I didn't trust them, so they didn't have much opportunity to stab me in the back. Men have been much more brutal in my experience because I trusted them. Sometimes things I needed to hear, more often than not, they were being unnecessarily hurtful.

It's a shame women cut each other, but I don't see it as something to worry too much about it. If they're not your friends, you don't take it as personally. KWIM?
I wish women would learn to stick together rather than work against each other. I don't know if it's the way we are socialized.

For instance my son was in boy scouts they go on winter camping and learn to work together.

My daughter was in girl scouts and the activity was talking about feelings.

Men can be shallow, too. I have learned, if you don't like something about me, appearance wise,keep walking. Chances are, if the man is my age, he isn't "all that" either.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:55 AM

523 posts, read 840,374 times
[quote=pitt_transplant;10469048]

But I notice this a lot in the adult world. I got treated totally differently by women when I was slobbed out and chunky. That was not me and after changing things I feel better. I still act the same. But women are strait up c**** with snide remarks if they think you might look better than they do it seems. Women never admit they do this and it seems only guys agree with me and laugh at the other women go "oh well I never"

quote]

Maybe this is just your outlook

Old 05-29-2013, 09:01 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I can see this being a "whatever" in the teens because well..teens are insane. lol

But I notice this a lot in the adult world. I got treated totally differently by women when I was slobbed out and chunky. That was not me and after changing things I feel better. I still act the same. But women are strait up c**** with snide remarks if they think you might look better than they do it seems.
The repeat offenders among women seem to be the ones who once had all the guys after them and then when became older they let themselves go. It's bitterness, basically. Interestingly enough, the EGO that let them enjoy all that attention they previously received, has a long shelf life. Their egos and their hurt pride are what make them lash out at women who work at looking good.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:12 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Insecurity. People who hate on others without apparent reason are unhappy with themselves so they feel a need to create drama to get their voices heard.

And sometimes, people act petty. They sit around and gossip in their little circles.

It's a symptom called 'small-minded-phantitus'. (I've even seen it in guys where once a guy loses like 200 lbs, he'll talk crap on the next biggest guy in the room- petty, stupid).

Old 05-29-2013, 11:33 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Really? lol I have never seen the dude version...I have seen the gay dude version of that..but not the strait dude version.
Maybe Justin Bieber isn't the best example, but the guy is cute and every second teenage girl is crazy about him. A lot of guys will couch their jealousy in terms like 'pretty boy' and stuff when they're jealous. Trust me, men are the same.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:38 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I posted about this in a similar thread, and I felt that it was at least partially about competition. But, I think there's got to be something more to it, because the women I know who do this sort of thing are supposedly happily married or partnered. Well, then, what the heck are you competing for?

Maybe the attitude is a holdover from when the "popular" girls treated them like crap in school, and they extrapolate that behavior to anyone they think is more attractive than they are. Or maybe they're having some behind-the-scenes issues with their men. Who knows. I've seen these women post derogatory comments on Facebook about Victoria's Secret models and making comments that thin women aren't "real women". The VS models aren't trying to steal their husbands, or making fun of their weight. So, what's the deal?

And these women aren't huge; they maybe have a few extra pounds, but honestly, I don't think that people would notice or even care if these women didn't bring it up all the time. Appearance isn't really the problem; it's right between the ears.
It's an attention thing. They think that there's an competition going besides what catch the eyes of their husbands. Otherwise, why do you think there are so many countless blogs where females take pictures after pictures of themselves despite the fact that they have boyfriend and there's not much substance to the blogs than "what I wore today that I got from Forever21"?

Old 05-29-2013, 02:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
It's an attention thing. They think that there's an competition going besides what catch the eyes of their husbands. Otherwise, why do you think there are so many countless blogs where females take pictures after pictures of themselves despite the fact that they have boyfriend and there's not much substance to the blogs than "what I wore today that I got from Forever21"?
There is a lot of truth to this...

I'm not one to get jealous or act out, but there have been times where I was talking to a guy, flirting and having a great time when a prettier woman makes an appearance and all of a sudden he 'has to go'. Then, he'd spend the evening chatting her up. Was I a bit jealous? Sure. Would I go out of my way to be mean to her? No way!

But in general, attractive people ARE treated better and as a fairly unattractive person who has attractive friends, I've been witness to this my entire life. It's difficult not to get a bit jealous when your pretty friends are being bought drinks or are being asked out while you're being effectively ignored. I still love the gals though, so I don't harbor any bad feelings because they lucked out in the genetic lottery.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:56 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Its the product of a hard life, pretty people have a cake life generally unless they are REALLY dumb and create bad situations for themselves. Ugly people have to work MUCH harder to achive happieness and if they keep getting busted down it wears on you, its no excuse to be a nasty bitter person but it does make more sense that someone would sucum to such behavior while having a sucky life.

How bitter and mad can you be when your gorgus and juggling 7 men at a time lol. Of course being bitter and mean does not buy you anything, you have to be smarter than the pretty people that skate by on their looks, they are seldom motivated to be cleaver because they dont need to be (other than keeping the other 6 men from finding out lol).

I think plastic surgery could be the equilizer that ugly people need, then see how smily the attractive women is when you are also attractive and are taking her man, I gaurentee it wont be all smiles anymore lol. Dont be nasty, just get even and then see the pretty persons true colors come out.

What a horrible outlook.

Sounds like an ugly, fat, bitter, jealous person. I forgot, jealousy is ok when you are too lazy to work out.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:47 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There is a lot of truth to this...

I'm not one to get jealous or act out, but there have been times where I was talking to a guy, flirting and having a great time when a prettier woman makes an appearance and all of a sudden he 'has to go'. Then, he'd spend the evening chatting her up. Was I a bit jealous? Sure. Would I go out of my way to be mean to her? No way!

But in general, attractive people ARE treated better and as a fairly unattractive person who has attractive friends, I've been witness to this my entire life. It's difficult not to get a bit jealous when your pretty friends are being bought drinks or are being asked out while you're being effectively ignored. I still love the gals though, so I don't harbor any bad feelings because they lucked out in the genetic lottery.
Im telling you, you need to get a jet to make you feel better or at the very least a nice carbon fiber. Then when your driving out to the hanger to strap in and fire up you would care about whos buying who drinks, ohhh make my skin tingle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships