Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 07:36 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,583,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you might be right it might not be about sex. but to say that neglect is a factor is not a wild accusation.
if you feed that dog he wont dig in the trash can. if you had treated him like that b4 marriage he would have dumped you so fast you would have gotten whiplash.
Right, and the reasons like I said in another response are "all in the same".

Old 09-20-2009, 07:49 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Had a father with a pretty big ego which is why it happens and my mother finally walked out after 23 years of it so it was no whim and they argued and discussed it- she took absolutely nothing except one piece of a parcel of land. She walked away from millions and never looked back. He is now with wife number 3.
That's probably the norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you might be right it might not be about sex. but to say that neglect is a factor is not a wild accusation.
if you feed that dog he wont dig in the trash can. if you had treated him like that b4 marriage he would have dumped you so fast you would have gotten whiplash.
Better yet, don't marry a dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
I need not have relationship experience, I received earful after earful after earful in person from many Men about the reasons why. The sad thing is it's "all in the same" reasons.
So, you hear one side of various stories, have no experience with relationships, yet you're heading the parade. lol

Again, I 100% support your efforts. Some people should not marry.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
And you should treat people in the way you wish to be treated. But if you don't, some people will still tolerate it in the interest of "keeping their word".

Old 09-20-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

So, you hear one side of various stories, have no experience with relationships, yet you're heading the parade. lol

It's not just various stories, it's also stories of females that have refused to do things they did for the Man before getting married that after the "I DO's" stopped doing and dangles those things only as a one time reward for every one of her extravagant want. But it doesn't stop her from giving those "gifts" to a "Bad Boy" in cases.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:55 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's probably the norm

Better yet, don't marry a dog.

Ahhh, and yet another piece of the puzzel falls into place.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
And you should treat people in the way you wish to be treated. But if you don't, some people will still tolerate it in the interest of "keeping their word".
A good percentage of Men do this more so to keep their life savings intact.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
It's not just various stories, it's also stories of females that have refused to do things they did for the Man before getting married that after the "I DO's" stopped doing and dangles those things only as a one time reward for every one of her extravagant want. But it doesn't stop her from giving those "gifts" to a "Bad Boy" in cases.
Doing what things, specifically? And who is she? Can you please tell me who she is for once. Pick a person in your life, in this thread or this forum so I know what you're talking about. Let it be someone you actually have some kind of communication with.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:01 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
A good percentage of Men do this more so to keep their life savings intact.
What a crock.

Did you know that most men stay in a marriage until the kids turn 18 and then bail, thus springing the suprise he's had a plan with after all those years and years she invested and he never says squat for 10 years,

Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
What a crock.

Did you know that most men stay in a marriage until the kids turn 18 and then bail, thus springing the suprise he's had a plan with after all those years and years she invested and he never says squat for 10 years,
That supports the idea that if they (men) had shared custody they wouldn't hang in wasting time. Both parties could move on to happier times with other people!

Old 09-20-2009, 08:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
I don't know what more I can say, since "money" has never been very important to me. But keeping my word is. When I promise a commitment to someone, I mean it. It's not just something I say at the time. And I'm more than willing to work things out if it comes to that. But I've never even been given that opportunity in my relationships--she just bails. At least, with it not being a "legally binding" commitment, there's no need to go to court over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships