Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 09:24 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
njguy, your movement is not a novel concept. It used to be called "a life-long bachelor" in older times. Nothing wrong with life-long bachelors, as well as life-long single women. People are different. But, the majority of men will want a relationship, just like the majority of women. When there are children in a relationship, there could be, proportionally, custody and financial problems, no doubt, - marriage or not. But would it stop the humanity from yearning for relationships? Don't think so. Taking it upon yourself to "liberate" the men and to steer them away from females and procreation - that's a Biblical task, - and opposite in spirit from humanity at that.
Both men and women are less likely to enter into marriage these days, yet seek relationships that don't lead to marriage.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
beware of professionals eager to identify themselves as such on CDF and offering free professional opinions. much better plan is to request links and see the evidence than buy the asserted credentials and personal assertions w no evidence.
56% of women get child support, 41% of men.
Who Receives Child Support?
Sorry, but my link is from 2005. Your link states 1995...

"WHO RECEIVES CHILD SUPPORT?
May 1995
Economics and Statistics Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce"

Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Oopps, I've entered a whine fest with njguy leading the big baby parade. carry on lol
This entire site is regularly a "whine fest" and is dominated by the female perspective. That's what makes it so entertaining. Women here really don't want to listen to what men have to say but then, they ask these same questions..............again and again.

As to this question, face the fact that an ever increasing number of men are opting out. They have a variety of reasons, but the big one is fear of financial ruin. Too often, women just pull the plug for reasons that are difficult to anticipate and impossible to address. Currently, there is a strong financial inducement for them to do this. Women complain about "only" getting CS of $500 a month, while conveniently omitting to mention that they got a house, almost all its contents and the better car too. Their ex gets the payments.

However, this is not such a loss for women. While most of the men who opt out are the responsible ones who plan and carefully consider their options, such men aren't particularly attractive to women, anyway.

The really attractive ones are quite willing to step into the breech but are also the most likely to evade their responsibilities. They can easily get remarried or into a common law relationship again. This helps them suppress their income and hide behind the skirt of the new wife or the common law relationship.

Therefore, most women will still get their chance at marriage or at least a LTR, but many won't be happy with the result.

More and more men are happy with the result. They either stayed single or stuck it to their ex. The studies confirm this.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
I know just as many divorced people as you do. My family, friends, and men I have dated.

This translates to me as you getting the house and having to pay half for it?
it would appear from your reply that it means just another guy squawking about nothing. attempts at empathy building are not forthcoming.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 09-20-2009 at 11:02 PM..

Old 09-20-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
This entire site is regularly a "whine fest" and is dominated by the female perspective. That's what makes it so entertaining. Women here really don't want to listen to what men have to say but then, they ask these same questions..............again and again.
The whiners, from where I sit, tend to be a handful guys. njguy is always whining about women. Like I said, I support it.

Quote:
As to this question, face the fact that an ever increasing number of men are opting out. They have a variety of reasons, but the big one is fear of financial ruin. Too often, women just pull the plug for reasons that are difficult to anticipate and impossible to address. Currently, there is a strong financial inducement for them to do this. Women complain about "only" getting CS of $500 a month, while conveniently omitting to mention that they got a house, almost all its contents and the better car too. Their ex gets the payments.
Again, says who? You people keep saying it, but all I have in the word of CD'er men. That's not good enough. The one link provided was from 14 years ago. Secondly, it's a certain type of mail that is opting out of marriage and again, I support this. They should be opting out of marriage. It's not for everyone.

Quote:
More and more men are happy with the result. They either stayed single or stuck it to their ex. The studies confirm this.
What studies? The men in this thread are not happy. njguy is not nor has ever been involved (from what I understand) and is not happy.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it would appear from your reply that is means just another guy squawking about nothing. attempts at empathy building are not forthcoming.
I'm asking where the payment came from. Did you two have a house and you got it? Hence the payment? I ask, because that was the case with my parents. My mom got the house (that's what they decided), but gave my dad half its value in cash plus a little extra.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Is that the best you could come up with? The text was within the confines of specific subject matter under discussion at the time, so some posts implied an existing topic.

That was only a response to implications that some of us don't read.............

Old 09-20-2009, 09:59 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,420 times
SIGH............Been through it (divorce)...........on occasion.

I can only speak from my own experience. I won't ever get married again. I'm fully in favor of a long term exclusive dedicated relationship. I don't need a piece of paper to tell a woman I love her. But marriage? No. For me it's no longer practical. When you're married, and your spouse decides it isn't working, or, decides to cheat, it means several months of turmoil.....lawyers....court.....financial bickering.......property division. If we're single??? We walk away with what we have.....IMMEDIATELY. I certainly wouldn't want anything she's earned, and she can't take what I have. We are both on a level playing field.

Now for guys that have never been married? They may have different reasons.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:12 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
SIGH............Been through it (divorce)...........on occasion.

I can only speak from my own experience. I won't ever get married again. I'm fully in favor of a long term exclusive dedicated relationship. I don't need a piece of paper to tell a woman I love her. But marriage? No. For me it's no longer practical. When you're married, and your spouse decides it isn't working, or, decides to cheat, it means several months of turmoil.....lawyers....court.....financial bickering.......property division. If we're single??? We walk away with what we have.....IMMEDIATELY. I certainly wouldn't want anything she's earned, and she can't take what I have. We are both on a level playing field.
Amen to that. If I love someone, I am quite capable of committing fully without rings, a license, and a big party. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that REQUIRING such things to show commitment is, well, insulting and frivolous. And if it doesn't work out, I'm woman enough to part maturely and on as good of terms possible.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:20 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
A. ~47 % of single parent homes headed by the mom receive child support.

How could it be?
Well, with the comments I've read on other threads, discussing the type of men women desire, I'm surprised that it is this high. Even divorce courts cant get blood out of a stone and when he starts remarrying, you can only slice up his income so many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I sense some hostility regarding women and this issue...........
The same hostility I "sense" whenever good advice about the type of man to pursue, goes against women's more immediate need to impress their girlfriends! Of course, this doesn't get threads closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships