Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 12:22 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
One of the good things about getting the flu is that once its done, you don't have to worry about it anymore. But get plenty of rest. I had body aches and severe headaches. Don't try to be brave and go to the concert if you are very sick. You don't want to end up in the hospital. Medecine might help you feel better, but rest is the only remedy. Haha, I'm playing doctor .
No, it's not the flu. Like I said, and I don't want to tempt fate (get it, "tempt" ), but I don't think I ever really get the flu. I don't ever get body aches and headaches or stomach problems. I basically get, I think, cold symptoms but I always get a fever with it. It only seems to happen when I'm sleep-deprived. I do appreciate your advice.

And I only have myself to blame, I should go to bed and rest, but I'm not. I just can't do that on a Saturday night. I don't expect any sympathy. But I am going to sleep in tomorrow!

Old 10-25-2009, 12:46 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Anyone still up here?

Old 10-25-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Anyone still up here?
*waving*

Old 10-25-2009, 09:00 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,897,652 times
Quote:
Hmmm... during the week...no. We rented semi-scary movies instead. He was running 102.6 temp. tonight. I don`t think he cared.
That sounds like Tamiflu is coming your way!

I called in sick on Friday, I didn't feel well. And I have asthma, so I don't want to take any chances.

I did get a regular flu shot two weeks ago, though. I always do.

Just waiting to get my hands on one of those H1N1 shots. I understand some people don't want it, but I sure do.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:06 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
That sounds like Tamiflu is coming your way!

I called in sick on Friday, I didn't feel well. And I have asthma, so I don't want to take any chances.

I did get a regular flu shot two weeks ago, though. I always do.

Just waiting to get my hands on one of those H1N1 shots. I understand some people don't want it, but I sure do.
I guess I'm just thinking I've been so lucky for so many years, never catching the flu. I'm healthy as a horse. My luck, I'd get the shot and then catch the damn thing.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I guess I'm just thinking I've been so lucky for so many years, never catching the flu. I'm healthy as a horse. My luck, I'd get the shot and then catch the damn thing.
Definitely, ChessieMom, you're extremely lucky! I've been getting them since 1992. No mutant tendencies (yet). I don't seem to glow in the dark.

I hope it stays that way.

However, I eat so much sushi I probably have more mercury in my body than a thermometer.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:44 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
I was panicking last night, when my son came in my bedroom at 3:30 AM.
I scooped him up and he was burning up! Took his temp. it was 104.3
His heart rate was 111. I was going to take him to the Emergency room, but put a cool washcloth of his chest, and got it to come down.
I did take him to the doctor this` morning though...they tested him for the swine flu...negative. Guess he has the regular flu. He gave him cough syrup, with codeine, and a antiobiotic.
They put this swob thingy way up his nose, when they tested for the swine flu...eewww

Old 10-25-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
His heart rate was 111. I was going to take him to the Emergency room, but put a cool washcloth of his chest, and got it to come down.
I did take him to the doctor this` morning though...they tested him for the swine flu...negative. Guess he has the regular flu. He gave him cough syrup, with codeine, and a antiobiotic.
They put this swob thingy way up his nose, when they tested for the swine flu...eewww
I'm glad he's OK, Yankee, that is frightening! That temperature was HIGH.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Good! High temp is more common and not than dangerous in children, but it's still pretty bad.

I'm having another "lucky" day... As if I ever have others... Had everything done at home yesterday in the hope of spending the day out and about today. Needed to run quite a few errands, too. BUT... as luck would have it, the water heater came up with a scary flashing message last night. It did the same thing about a year ago AGAIN over the weekend! Luckily, at least it turned out to be still under the builder's warranty. This problem is turning into a pattern, though... It looks like it needs to be replaced. Soooo, I'm stuck home in the hope of getting service. Chances are I'll waste my day and get no service, either.

Btw, speaking of that, I read in the paperwork you're supposed to have it drained every year. Does anybody really do it?

Old 10-25-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My dad got a shot one year and he said he got sicker than a dog, so he doesn't get them anymore. I've never had one either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Definitely, ChessieMom, you're extremely lucky! I've been getting them since 1992. No mutant tendencies (yet). I don't seem to glow in the dark.

I hope it stays that way.

However, I eat so much sushi I probably have more mercury in my body than a thermometer.
LOL! Maybe the mercury fights off the flu germs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good! High temp is more common and not than dangerous in children, but it's still pretty bad.

I'm having another "lucky" day... As if I ever have others... Had everything done at home yesterday in the hope of spending the day out and about today. Needed to run quite a few errands, too. BUT... as luck would have it, the water heater came up with a scary flashing message last night. It did the same thing about a year ago AGAIN over the weekend! Luckily, at least it turned out to be still under the builder's warranty. This problem is turning into a pattern, though... It looks like it needs to be replaced. Soooo, I'm stuck home in the hope of getting service. Chances are I'll waste my day and get no service, either.

Btw, speaking of that, I read in the paperwork you're supposed to have it drained every year. Does anybody really do it?
I've never even heard of that. We had to replace ours about a year ago. Good luck with finding someone today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships