Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You don't like pizza? Grilled cheese? Ramen soup? Pasta and sauce? Cheeseburger at McDonald's occasionally? Boiled eggs? TV dinners?

That isn't crap. It's inexpensive, simply cooked food. Which is the caliber of food I need, since I cannot cook.

That's a WOMAN'S job.

hahahahahah, if I didn't know better I'd swear right now you are a troll!!!

Cooking is the job of whoever wants to eat

News flash, there is absolutely NOTHING good for you in tv dinners - nothing.

And pizza and grilled cheese? Pretty tasty sure, but a heart attack waiting to happen in your 50's.

Do you not have any clue that there is a weeks worth of salt in ramen noodles??? VERY BAD for your blood pressure.

The only thing you are eating that has any good nutrition is eggs. All the rest IS crap.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:17 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
He is a troll.

Child support...if I was in a position to receive it then it would be used as it was intended, to help ME raise my child. That includes using the money to help pay rent, electricity, water, food, medical, dental, extra curricular activities, car payment, gas, or anything else that my child and I needed to live the best life possible. It's not in any way intended to be like a retirement account where the kid gets a sum of money upon turning 18. At that point he is not a "child" and needs no "support". But heck, if you find a 7 year old can just take the money and live alone and raise themselves so be it.

If you don't like how that plays too bad.

As for the OP, you can't really say that "this money paid for their vacation". Obviously there is more than one source of income so if it makes you feel better tell yourself that money went to pay for the groceries and electric bills and clothing for the kids, while OTHER MONEY THAT THE COUPLE MADE paid for the vacation. It's all a head game you see.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:20 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahahahahah, if I didn't know better I'd swear right now you are a troll!!!

Cooking is the job of whoever wants to eat

News flash, there is absolutely NOTHING good for you in tv dinners - nothing.

And pizza and grilled cheese? Pretty tasty sure, but a heart attack waiting to happen in your 50's.

Do you not have any clue that there is a weeks worth of salt in ramen noodles??? VERY BAD for your blood pressure.

The only thing you are eating that has any good nutrition is eggs. All the rest IS crap.
\Haven't you heard the news? Everything you eat is bad for you. It causes cancer or heart disease, no matter what it is.

I think the brain has power over the body...if you believe the stuff is going to kill you, it will. If you don't believe it, you'll live a lot longer.

And eggs are bad for your cholesterol, if you eat the yolks.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
He is a troll.

Child support...if I was in a position to receive it then it would be used as it was intended, to help ME raise my child. That includes using the money to help pay rent, electricity, water, food, car payment, gas, or anything else that my child and I needed to live the best life possible. It's not in any way intended to be like a retirement account where the kid gets a sum of money upon turning 18. At that point he is not a "child" and needs no "support". But heck, if you find a 7 year old can just take the money and live alone and raise themselves so be it.

If you don't like how that plays too bad.

As for the OP, you can't really say that "this money paid for their vacation". Obviously there is more than one source of income so if it makes you feel better tell yourself that money went to pay for the groceries and electric bills and clothing for the kids, while OTHER MONEY THAT THE COUPLE MADE paid for the vacation. It's all a head game you see.
It shouldn't benefit YOU....just the child. So maybe it should be prorated, in that case. It's not to pay YOUR rent, it's to pay the child's share of the rent.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times
Quote:
You don't like pizza? Grilled cheese? Ramen soup? Pasta and sauce? Cheeseburger at McDonald's occasionally? Boiled eggs? TV dinners?

That isn't crap. It's inexpensive, simply cooked food. Which is the caliber of food I need, since I cannot cook.

That's a WOMAN'S job.
McDonald's? Are you kidding? That's nasty. All the rest is dessert food for fun occasions. Either way, pizza's are typically $10 a pop. TV dinners, that have some sort of veggies, are $5 a pop. Pasta and sauce can be pretty cheap, but if you're smart, don't want to end up with diabetes and high TGs, you'll go whole wheat and it's not cheap. Thus far, all your favorite options are just as expensive as healthy alternatives. I'm not sure what your argument is. Initially, I thought it was about money, but clearly that's not the case. Instead, you're simply arguing for crap food. Why, again?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:24 PM

Regarding the women's job lol. I have a job. You have a job, Tkramar. I don't think we need to be dictating jobs, here.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:24 PM

McDonald's is absolutely no different than buying ground beef at the store, making patties out of it, and cooking it.

If I had a deep fat fryer, the potatoes would also be NO different.

I make my own pizzas out of flour tortillas, pasta sauce, and mushrooms and or olives. And cheese.

I eat a lot of cheese.

Pasta and pasta sauce always go on sale around here, buy one, get one free.

That's how I buy most of my food.

Or five for $5. A dollar or less per item.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
McDonald's is absolutely no different than buying ground beef at the store, making patties out of it, and cooking it.

I'd say it's up there with hamburger helper, which is crap.

OTOH, I know eating super healthy is way more expensive than eating/living an unhealthy lifestyle. It's a sad disparity that exists between the affluent and the poor. But, even then, a poor diet is way more than $50/mo.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
Quote:

I make my own pizzas out of flour tortillas, pasta sauce, and mushrooms and or olives. And cheese.

I eat a lot of cheese.
Troll on! What was this thread about?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'd say it's up there with hamburger helper, which is crap.

OTOH, I know eating super healthy is way more expensive than eating/living an unhealthy lifestyle. It's a sad disparity that exists between the affluent and the poor. But, even then, a poor diet is way more than $50/mo.
I spend $100 per month. I've already said the $50 per month figure was what the going rate in 1976 was.

There's nothing wrong with Hamburger Helper. I don't eat it, because I don't like spices in my food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.