Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times

Advertisements

I used to wear Polo long sleeves shirts everyday and I still love them especially when I was working in corporate but they are freaking expensive and I just got rid of a bunch of them, I think they are more appropriate for work than like going to a club or bar.

Since last year, I started wearing sport coats and they are AWESOME,especially if you find a nice shirt to go under. Sport coats are a bit expensive(around $100) but well worth it, especially the ones who stand out (I saw a purple one) and it was awesome but maybe something Prince would wear.

A nice sport coat is a great investment I would say, as long as you have nice pants, shirts, belt and shoes to go with the coat. Actually, I think they look better than suits sometimes

http://img-2.h-img.com/media/img/s/N/Y/j/NYj-3521463.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 10:50 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,037,251 times
Man toe,..thats another classic..

And yes..a sports coat is something which should be in every man's closet.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:33 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,655 times
Oh the white tennis shoe....never good. Each guy I date who has some....I do my best to teach them that there are better options.

However, I am a fan of tennis shoes....just not gym shoes. I also envy that guys get away with the 'in between' tennis shoe type shoe that is in a brown or black leather but isn't a dress shoe...so jealous....

Old 12-28-2009, 11:57 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,253,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Love it! Guys who are raunchy, paunchy and arrogantly think we women WANT him because he is a guy are sadly mistaken. I like a good smelling, non-stray hairy, well dressed, clean and classy man. Nothing girly about that. Yum!
You mean the drunk redneck at WAL-MART? I'd love to be a greater. "Take the cart you smelly SOB, deodorant is in isle 12 and the bathroom is over there to put it on, and don't eat the big white mint while you are in there"!LMAO...... JK No, even I shower everyday and wear deoderant and clean clothes to work. What happens then is out of my control. If I'm doing something afterward, I clean up. *Hint guys* When people back away from you at the checkout line, something is wrong? Rugged

Old 12-29-2009, 12:03 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,037,251 times
.."what is that smell!?!... it smells like spoiled cheese"!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 12:31 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,253,828 times
The women who say they don't like to see a man with holes in their jeans, I can see that point. However, when it is the crotch freshly ripped, why do you look?LOL....... Sinners

Old 12-29-2009, 05:11 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times
This thread made me grin a little...

Nothing wrong with, ahem, grooming. Not enough men shave the hair on ... their EARS for example. Not enough men trim their nose hairs, and respect must be given to the women (or men, in friendship or whatever settings) who keep their composure when they see a half-inch antenna protruding out of a man's nostril.

I have thick eyebrows, and an ex-girlfriend once trimmed them for me. It looked nice. I don't do it to myself because, well, I just don't bother.

Some grooming is always, ALWAYS good and it's about hygiene as well as presentation. I can't wait for this coming summer - if I accomplish my goal of shedding about 15-20 pounds of fat after adding about 10 pounds of lean muscle, I'll have a six-pack. I will then get rid of the forest of hair that has surrounded my navel and become one with the bushes below.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:02 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
This thread made me grin a little...

Nothing wrong with, ahem, grooming. Not enough men shave the hair on ... their EARS for example. Not enough men trim their nose hairs, and respect must be given to the women (or men, in friendship or whatever settings) who keep their composure when they see a half-inch antenna protruding out of a man's nostril.

I have thick eyebrows, and an ex-girlfriend once trimmed them for me. It looked nice. I don't do it to myself because, well, I just don't bother.

Some grooming is always, ALWAYS good and it's about hygiene as well as presentation. I can't wait for this coming summer - if I accomplish my goal of shedding about 15-20 pounds of fat after adding about 10 pounds of lean muscle, I'll have a six-pack. I will then get rid of the forest of hair that has surrounded my navel and become one with the bushes below.
EXACTLY! I think ear and nose hair is gross, it is a pain because I have to do it every week and it grows back so quickly, I have a trimmer for that and it works good.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:21 PM

725 posts, read 2,322,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What do you think of guys who take good care of themselves? I am not talking about metrosexuals but my hair, my clothes and my appearance are very important to me, I like to dress nice and I think most women respond well to that. I have done my eyebrows a couple times and the results was pretty good and no I am not talking about girly or gay looking eyebrows.

Would you be more attracted to a guy who takes good care of himself or it does not matter? I guess, if I could define my style, I like the the stuff singer Jay Sean wears, it is lot like my personal style. What do you think?

Moderator cut: copyright photo
Appearance is important so there's nothing wrong with the guys that primp and heavily groom themselves. I guess you could say I'm 1 of those guys!!!!! I like dressing to the 9's when I go out - it makes a good impression to others and the company you're with!

Doesn't mean a Prim 'n' proper man is Gay or Effeminate either. Society puts a huge demand on looking your best - goes for both men and women.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:37 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
EXACTLY! I think ear and nose hair is gross, it is a pain because I have to do it every week and it grows back so quickly, I have a trimmer for that and it works good.
I was shaving today and noticed a huge hair protruding from my right earlobe. A quick strike of the razor took care of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships