Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:41 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times

Advertisements

Funny you mention that...in my experience, black women are the first and only women to ask me to help pay bills.

I find it laughable because they'll have children and EXPECT me to help them out but will not hold the father accountable.

Even with the dating sites, hands down the black women(NOT ALL) are the only group that responds to me asking for money for services or a pay for sex type of relationship.

The really burns me up.

For a black guy like myself, dating black women is an up hill battle.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I think it must be hard being a good Black man because you are surrounded by so much negativity and ignorance and I can totally understand why some Black men may not want to marry a Black woman.

I could NEVER turn down a good mate based on race, and I would give a good Black woman a chance BUT I am afraid it would be very hard to click due to cultural differences.

I used to know a Black girl, she was a college student and she would sleep with this old White dude for money, I guess, she was not officially a prostitute BUT the old man would pay some of her bills in exchange for some sex. When I found this out, I was shocked BUT the first thing that came to mind was some rap songs that talk about "I need a man to pay ma bills", see what I mean?

I am sure most Black women don't do that BUT where did this come from? Did rappers just make it all up? I doubt it! I am sure any good Black man would not want anything to do with a woman like her.

Last edited by Ron.; 12-30-2009 at 10:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Funny you mention that...in my experience, black women are the first and only women to ask me to help pay bills.
Really? I can't imagine ever doing that. I'm too proud - wouldn't do it even if I'm in dare need.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Really? I can't imagine ever doing that. I'm too proud - wouldn't do it even if I'm in dare need.
I thought that myself. That type of thinking would not cross my mind, let alone get involved with a low class person like that.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:57 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
Quote:
I thought that myself. That type of thinking would not cross my mind, let alone get involved with a low class person like that.
My experiences with Black women have been very limited but it seems like many expect a man to have all this materialistic crap like brand new car, nice place, jewelry, in addition to paying their bills. With the way economy is and the fact that unemployment is even higher among African Americans, if I was a Black man, I would feel so freaking pressured to have all this material crap just to impress or have a chance with a Black woman that many not even be that good of a person. I hate when they use the term "broke ass", I think it sounds so stupid. I can understand why some Black dudes may just want to go with a simpler White woman.

Last edited by Repubocrat; 12-30-2009 at 10:05 PM..

Old 12-30-2009, 10:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I can understand why some Black dudes may just want to go with a simpler White woman.
Oh, don't kid yourself - we're not that simple!

Old 12-30-2009, 10:11 PM

Rep,

I said it once and I'll say it again. I am convinced a lot of black women do not know how to select mates. I really believe this. I see to much evidence that leads me to believe it's true.

Another thing I noticed with the black women and the white women are, black women almost never give me any attention when I am dressed plain.

It seems with them I need to be "dressed up/nice", which translated into name brand. I really hate to say this but I am a really smart guy and I really have a MUCH easier time getting dates from white women because they almost always complement me because they think I am smart and ambitious.

I have been going to the same dentist for a while now and the dental assistant is white. We've grown to admire each other and she's just a cool girl.

SHE invited me to a Kelly Clarkson concert the other day. I said I would go how much are the tickets, she said no worries she is going to get them.

That has NEVER happened to me with black women, never. White women, IMO are more open to making advances than black women. This is a generalization but this is my experience. Also many black women are just down right stuck on themselves.

Quote:
My experience with Black women have been very limited but it seems like many expect a man to have all this materialistic crap like brand new car, nice place, jewelry, in addition to paying their bills. With the way economy is and the fact that unemployment is even higher among African American, if I was a Black man, I would feel so freaking pressured to have all this material crap just to impress or have a chance with a Black woman that many not even be that good of a person. I hate when they use the term "broke ass", I think it sounds so stupid. I can understand why some Black dudes may just want to go with a simpler White woman.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
Quote:
Rep,

I said it once and I'll say it again. I am convinced a lot of black women do not know how to select mates. I really believe this. I see to much evidence that leads me to believe it's true.
Like I said, my experiences with Black women have been limited but it seems like there is just too much emphasis on style, material crap and shallow stuff.

If a Black woman could choose between a good Black man, college educated, makes about 50K/year, owns an average home, no criminal record, a good family man OR

Someone like Lil Wayne or T.I, basically dope dealers turned rappers, extensive criminal records, have fathered several children by different women, BUT make millions of dollars

If they would choose a thug with dirty money over a good, honest man with an average life, then, they have nothing to complain about.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:40 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
I hate when they use the term "broke ass", I think it sounds so stupid. I can understand why some Black dudes may just want to go with a simpler White woman.
Yea, I hate that too... For many of these women, since there standards have been altered by the media, if you don't drive the newest car, and have the most expensive clothes/shoes you can find, then you're considered a "broke ass". Never mind you are a decent guy and save your penny's for a rainy day.

Although, across the board, according to an article I was reading, most American values have shifted over the years from supporting simple family life more towards obtaining money and excess material possessions. The difference however is that Caucasian people are more wise with in the pursuit of money in that they obtain degrees, acquire property and run businesses.

"So just how shallow have we Americans become under the reign of consumerism? In 1970, a largescale survey of US university students showed that 80 per cent of them had as a goal 'the development of a meaningful philosophy of life'. By 1989, the percentage had fallen to 41 per cent. During the same period, the number of those aiming to be very well off financially increased from 39 per cent to 75 per cent - which explains the wholesale shift to studying 'marketable'
subjects."

Dead Zone - the monster of American consumer culture

Old 12-30-2009, 11:10 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
If a Black woman could choose between a good Black man, college educated, makes about 50K/year, owns an average home, no criminal record, a good family man OR

Someone like Lil Wayne or T.I, basically dope dealers turned rappers, extensive criminal records, have fathered several children by different women, BUT make millions of dollars

If they would choose a thug with dirty money over a good, honest man with an average life, then, they have nothing to complain about.
Quote:
Rep,I said it once and I'll say it again. I am convinced a lot of black women do not know how to select mates. I really believe this. I see to much evidence that leads me to believe it's true.

The thing about what you guys are talking about is that most good down to earth guys are NOT out in the streets broadcasting themselves. They are at home, at night, like you and I on freaken CD.

Characters like lil LAME tour the whole world and arrogantly broadcast who they are, and what they have; and to some women (MANY!) they find the cocky boldness VERY appealing. Especially when their own life is BORING AS HELL!!

Regardless, it's all a numbers game, the more women you talk to, the more women you will most likely have relations with. If you are a superstar, then you don't need to do ANY work, the females come to you as they already know who you are!

It's been said (I saw it on a Mike Tyson documentary) that when Mike Tyson was in his prime in the late 80's he would get up to 200 strange women trying to call and physically come see him when he would stay at various hotels on the road. It's the same for all athletes, models and entertainers who tour the globe.

In the end, I don't give a d@m what kind of man a woman chooses unless it's my ma, my sister/daughter (if I had any) or my x GF's. If a women chooses a thug/rich jerk over a decent guy that's her prerogative; I don't give a flying fuuuuu..

Old 12-30-2009, 11:15 PM

okay.......

Rep nor I care. We were just stating the obvious and sharing our experience. I totally disagree with the notion that the more women you talk to the more women you'll have relations with. Their are lots of guys, and even on this forum that strike out more than you could ever count therefor they give up out of frustration.

I will say lots of guys put waaaaaaay to much energy in trying to "get women". I say ignore them and create the life you want to live. than they'll be drawn to you. Instead of getting selected by women, like most guys are, you'll be doing the selecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
The thing about what you guys are talking about is that most good down to earth guys are NOT out in the streets broadcasting themselves. They are at home, at night, like you and I on freaken CD.

Characters like lil LAME tour the whole world and arrogantly broadcast who they are, and what they have; and to some women (MANY!) they find the cocky boldness VERY appealing. Especially when their own life is BORING AS HELL!!

Regardless, it's all a numbers game, the more women you talk to, the more women you will most likely have relations with. If you are a superstar, then you don't need to do ANY work, the females come to you as they already know who you are!

It's been said (I saw it on a Mike Tyson documentary) that when Mike Tyson was in his prime in the late 80's he would get up to 200 strange women trying to call and physically come see him when he would stay at various hotels on the road. It's the same for all athletes, models and entertainers who tour the globe.

Regardless don't give a d@m what kind of man a woman chooses unless it's my ma, my sister/daughter (if I had any) or my x GF's. If a women chooses a thug over a decent guy that's her prerogative; I don't give a fuuuuu..

Last edited by Ron.; 12-30-2009 at 11:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships