Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:50 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
My favorite!
If you ever go to Charlotte, get to downtown Charlotte and there's a Soho Bistro right opposite Bank of America.

It's in 200 N College street, right behind their corporate building, the tallest one in Charlotte.

They serve the best pineapple chicken fried rice EVER. Don't forget to ask for an extra bowl of scallions. It will blow you away

And I bet many of the waiters and waitresses are single, LMAO, like in the OP. I flew to Charlotte recently and I made a trip and some of the girls started jumping........... "Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 08:52 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,556,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
If you ever go to Charlotte, get to downtown Charlotte and there's a Soho Bistro right opposite Bank of America.

It's in 200 N College street, right behind their corporate building, the tallest one in Charlotte.

They serve the best pineapple chicken fried rice EVER. Don't forget to ask for an extra bowl of scallions. It will blow you away

And I bet many of the waiters and waitresses are single, LMAO, like in the OP. I flew to Charlotte recently and I made a trip and some of the girls started jumping........... "Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Of course I know where it is! LOL I'm gonna try it. There is a place right by my house that has it, it's not bad, but I've had better.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:30 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
How about the overweight guys? The obesity epidemic in America is not just affecting females. Also, many men think they deserve a beautiful mate, while they are at best average looking.

As far as China, who cares? No self respecting woman would want to live in a land where women are thrown away like trash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi smel,

As has been pointed out elsewhere in this forum, women are more forgiving of extra weight according to the principle that women also judge men on personality and status. Therefore weight depletes the male preference faster. The monogamous tendency in humans along with the the difficulty our species has in childbirth has bred very fussy men. Do you know of any other species that cuts their young out of their stomach half the time?
I don't think most men want a beautful woman they just want a woman that is a normal weight or a normal shape for their build I know that's how I am. Yeah there are lots of overweight men too but there are more single men over age 25 or so so if you're a woman that isn't attracted to overweight men you still have more to choose from. With the weight epidemic and lack of single women between 25 and 40 in America it gets very hard to find someone if you're a guy in his 30's.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:44 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I'm all for eugenics and population control
Ok, you knock yourself off first.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,527,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Ok, you knock yourself off first.
Lol, no kidding. "population control" = Keeping your dick in your pants, and if you can't, wear a rubber.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It's really not much better in America if you're a single guy in your late 20's or 30's, we have to compete with 40+ men that have more money than us and pursue younger women. In your late 20's and 30's there's more single men than women in America. Also it may sound shallow but it's true in America if you're a man that is not physically attracted to overweight women you have way less options. If I was attracted to overweight women I would have more dates than I know what to do with. Then combine this with trying to find a woman over 27 that does not already have kids...it's not that great for men in America. At least not once you hit 30...single college age guys in their early twenties or whatever still do well because there's still so many single women without kids that have never married. Once you hit 30 it starts to get really hard. You're not only competing against older 40+ guys you're competing against younger guys.
Well, I'm 30 and I don't have this problem. If anything I'm having a problem of which girl I want to pick to be with for the rest of my life! I know quite a few good looking women (and NO they are not all "online") that are single between 26-33 who desperately want to get married. The only issue with these women for me is that most of them have at least one child and I find that it's a big step to jump into not only being a BF/husband but also a father.

As far as guys with money, it's a myth bro that all women go for guys with lots of money. If you at least have your own place, a clean ride and a little cash to spend you WILL BE FINE!! Trust me!! I seen guys pull HOT girls with FAR less.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I don't think most men want a beautful woman they just want a woman that is a normal weight or a normal shape for their build I know that's how I am. Yeah there are lots of overweight men too but there are more single men over age 25 or so so if you're a woman that isn't attracted to overweight men you still have more to choose from. With the weight epidemic and lack of single women between 25 and 40 in America it gets very hard to find someone if you're a guy in his 30's.

Hi wanderlust76,

It depends on where you are. Women tend to like civilization while men tend to like frontiers. Out west looks bad for men as far as ratios. I would also guess gen-X women are getting attention from older boomers.

A singles map of the United States of America - The Boston Globe

Now once I discarded the silly romantic ideas of love will just happen and assessed what would close the gap between what I wanted and what I was getting, it was a problem quickly solved. I seem to have this tendency to vastly overestimate the competition.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post

I'm all for eugenics and population control .
Sounds pretty damn Hitlerian to me...........

Old 01-13-2010, 04:21 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Sounds pretty damn Hitlerian to me...........
Hi Lucario,

He is just volunteering to be the first one to be eliminated.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:29 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Lucario,

He is just volunteering to be the first one to be eliminated.

Hopefully he will get his wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships