Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:38 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Give the guy a break.
Instead of typing ad nauseum about that date, he could've made a reservation, you know. Oh, never mind, Mikey D's doesn't take reservations. On the other hand, it's probably open 24/7. Heck, even the grocery stores have coffee shops these days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 11:20 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,344,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Instead of typing ad nauseum about that date, he could've made a reservation, you know. Oh, never mind, Mikey D's doesn't take reservations. On the other hand, it's probably open 24/7. Heck, even the grocery stores have coffee shops these days!
It sounds like he was going for the more casual setting rather than an actual restaurant. She must have been ok with it because she met up with him. It is a matter of taste.

At least he recognized he'd have to do more research to find out what is open or not open at times.

I'm willing to bet he figures he doesn't have much luck so why not meet in a casual place. I hear of this being done more and more and I see nothing wrong with it.

The second time around, yes if I were him I would take her to a restaurant.

Note to OP: do not take her to a movie. Reason is you want to talk to each other, get to know each other. A movie won't help with that.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,568,138 times
TVSG should feel honored he has so many followers, even if we joke and poke fun...he enjoys it. I have a feeling his new friend will see him again, she wouldn't have called him when she got home... I'll give our boy a pat on the back... this time.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:52 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The cafe we went going to meet at around 8pm was closed when we got there and I was stunned. I did not expect a cafe in downtown philly to be closed at 8pm on a weeknight. So then we tried to go to another cafe and that was closed too and then I just said

"I will walk you to the bus stop and wait with you until your bus comes"

I said that because it was FREZZING and I didn't have a plan C so I figured we can get to know each other while we waited for her bus to come. So like 2mins later there was her bus and she decided to let it go pass abd continue talking to me in the COLD-lol So we talked and laugh for about 30 mins and then she got on the bus. I told her to call when she arrived home and she did but I did not get home yet. So I will call her before I go to sleep and set up another meeting for a weekend.

So that was the night, I wss FREEZING and for some reason my knee was not hurting when I walked toward her and around her. Only when she got on the bus and left and then the LIMP came back-lol

But in the furture I need to do a better job of planning and find out when places closed so i don't look like a FOOL. That happened to me years ago but the only difference was the place was closed down.

So I need to be a better planner
Holy crap! Could there be hope?! Has everyone's advise finally sunk in?! Tune in next time when our hero will answer these questions.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
TVSG should feel honored he has so many followers, even if we joke and poke fun...he enjoys it. I have a feeling his new friend will see him again, or she wouldn't have called him when she got home... I'll give our boy a pat on the back... this time.
It's entertaining alright. As we well know, no thread of any substance gets that long EVER! I have to admit I often don't contribute to them myself because I either don't wanna think about the subject at the moment, or I don't wanna share, or I don't wanna take the time to write a lengthy and serious post. TVSG's threads are like light exercise for the fingers. I used to avoid them, but somehow got sucked into them out of laziness.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,409,437 times
You made the best out of what could have been a negative situation. Good job.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:01 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,568,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's entertaining alright. As we well know, no thread of any substance gets that long EVER! I have to admit I often don't contribute to them myself because I either don't wanna think about the subject at the moment, or I don't wanna share, or I don't wanna take the time to write a lengthy and serious post. TVSG's threads are like light exercise for the fingers. I used to avoid them, but somehow got sucked into them out of laziness.
True, the more absurd the higher the post count.

Sooner or later though, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:04 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The cafe we went going to meet at around 8pm was closed when we got there and I was stunned. I did not expect a cafe in downtown philly to be closed at 8pm on a weeknight. So then we tried to go to another cafe and that was closed too and then I just said

"I will walk you to the bus stop and wait with you until your bus comes"

I said that because it was FREZZING and I didn't have a plan C so I figured we can get to know each other while we waited for her bus to come. So like 2mins later there was her bus and she decided to let it go pass abd continue talking to me in the COLD-lol So we talked and laugh for about 30 mins and then she got on the bus. I told her to call when she arrived home and she did but I did not get home yet. So I will call her before I go to sleep and set up another meeting for a weekend.

So that was the night, I wss FREEZING and for some reason my knee was not hurting when I walked toward her and around her. Only when she got on the bus and left and then the LIMP came back-lol

But in the furture I need to do a better job of planning and find out when places closed so i don't look like a FOOL. That happened to me years ago but the only difference was the place was closed down.

So I need to be a better planner

Why didn't you offer to take her somewhere else? And why did you let her take the bus home rather then drive her home or at least pay for her cab home.......

Old 01-28-2010, 12:54 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,798 times
Unless you are really desirable to her, one mistake is probably one too many for most women.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
And why did you let her take the bus home rather then drive her home or at least pay for her cab home.......
What a jokester you are, e.ortega!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships