Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 03:42 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i signed up for 3 months of match, deactivated auto renew the same day and when it ran out it ran out. nothing fishy

most people just forget to deactivate the auto renew then get mad at the company when they get billed again. not the companies fault
That's it exactly, at least for match. It's very easy to deactivate your subscription. I never have had a problem with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I don't know if eHarmony is the "christian" site, but it's definately a site for people who have a VERY VERY hard time getting a date. The site matches you up, you don't get to scan profiles and pictures, so people who are ugly as sin, super supre fat, or are really bad at writing a profile about themselves. Basically they probably tried a cheaper dating site like POF or Match and no one would go out with them. So eHarmony makes it so they have a better chance by the numbers..
Funny, because that is the site two of my girlfriends at work used. They are both attractive, and they both got married last May, to the guys they met though eHarmony. [/quote]

Old 02-23-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
The women on pof NEVER write back it does not matter what you write to them. There are way too many men on pof it's the worst site for a guy hands down. Women like pof because they get a lot of emails and it makes them feel like a hot commodity, it's an ego boost. The only problem is the majority of the guys just looked at your picture and they sent the same canned letter to everyone other woman with a good pic up. They seriously need have a cutoff point and stop accepting guy profiles or something. Last time I ran a test on pof in my region if you factor in children it was like 230 guys without children for every 100 women without children. Cmon ladies stop getting knocked up to some loser in your 20's yeesh.

Really? My BF contacted me on POF, and I wrote him back. We are together about 4 1/2 months now.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:49 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
So how does e Harmony work?

They set you up with a match, and you have to talk to them?
Or can you say no to the match, and say next, and talk to the next one?
Or do you get a whole lot of matches, but can only talk to them?
Or can you just talk with anyone you want?

Old 02-23-2010, 03:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's it exactly, at least for match. It's very easy to deactivate your subscription. I never have had a problem with it.
They get really annoying once you even touch the site. If you haven't logged in for many months, they leave you alone, but if you happen to do it just once (only to look at the market), an avalanche of e-mails comes your way (from match)!

Old 02-23-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post

I never used eHarmony, as I just didn't like the idea of not being able to do my own browsing. But maybe you can do that now - I'm not sure. My girlfriends both said that they recieved a certian number of suggested profiles each month, and if they were interested, then they indicated that and then it went from there.

I am pretty sure that you can't talk to "anyone you want". It's a "tight" site...and that is one reason a lot of people like it.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
They get really annoying once you even touch the site. If you haven't logged in for many months, they leave you alone, but if you happen to do it just once (only to look at the market), an avalanche of e-mails comes your way (from match)!
I have those emails go to my spam folder once I turn off my profile.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I never used eHarmony, as I just didn't like the idea of not being able to do my own browsing. But maybe you can do that now - I'm not sure. My girlfriends both said that they recieved a certian number of suggested profiles each month, and if they were interested, then they indicated that and then it went from there.

I am pretty sure that you can't talk to "anyone you want". It's a "tight" site...and that is one reason a lot of people like it.
I hate being told what to do. That would never be an option for me. And what criteria are they using to match? Age, religion and basic stuff on what you ask for? Or is there some basic personality test that they found on line? Or are they throwing darts? Or are you sending in DNA and pheromone samples?

DNA samples might pique my interest. This idea of computers picking mates simutaneously horrifies and mystifies me.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:58 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post

You start by filling out their questionnaire. It's a long test, but it's meant to assess your personality and determine who you'd be most compatible with for a long-term relationship. You have to be honest and not worry about what you think is the right answer to their question. Otherwise, you won't get matches that are right for you. Then you can fine tune your matching criteria (age, race, religion, location, etc.). Then the hard part begins. You sit back and wait for eharmony to send you matches. You can review their profiles and decide whether you want to contact them. If you're not interested, you can reject the match. How many matches you get and how often depends on a lot of things (your profile, your location, your criteria, etc.) It's not like you only get one match at a time and have to decide on them before getting another one. But if you reach a max and haven't made a decision up or down on any, you won't get more matches. Once you decide to talk to someone, you go through their process. First, you pick from a list of questions that you want to send. Then, if things progress, you can write your own questions. I think it's a 4-stage process and if you're both still interested after that, you can email directly through eharmony and go from there. There's also a speedy option if you want to skip the 4-stage stuff and want to start talking immediately.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
You start by filling out their questionnaire. It's a long test, but it's meant to assess your personality and determine who you'd be most compatible with for a long-term relationship. You have to be honest and not worry about what you think is the right answer to their question. Otherwise, you won't get matches that are right for you. Then you can fine tune your matching criteria (age, race, religion, location, etc.). Then the hard part begins. You sit back and wait for eharmony to send you matches. You can review their profiles and decide whether you want to contact them. If you're not interested, you can reject the match. How many matches you get and how often depends on a lot of things (your profile, your location, your criteria, etc.) It's not like you only get one match at a time and have to decide on them before getting another one. But if you reach a max and haven't made a decision up or down on any, you won't get more matches. Once you decide to talk to someone, you go through their process. First, you pick from a list of questions that you want to send. Then, if things progress, you can write your own questions. I think it's a 4-stage process and if you're both still interested after that, you can email directly through eharmony and go from there. There's also a speedy option if you want to skip the 4-stage stuff and want to start talking immediately.
Whoa. That sounds very methodical and really seems to take the "fun" out of dating.

I think, in my head, I just invented the next Evolution of dating. Obviously I don't want to say anything here...but something awesome may be around the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships