Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:32 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
She was like a 7 on the scale of 1 to 10 and the way the weather was in February I didn't think it was worth going out in bad weather for a 7. I prefer 8's and would have went out in the cold for a 8.

Just so happen I ended up meeting a 5 and 3 after her which makes me like a NEW FOOL
Oh, you aren't a NEW fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 09:33 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,388,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Point is, you shouldn't be "comparing" at all, dude. You're 34 years old but the way you talk about this stuff, one would think you were 15.
Not that what you're saying is wrong, but it's human nature to compare....

Old 03-28-2010, 09:38 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Back in January I met this girl on a COLD NIGHT and I wasn't completely knocked over by her physically but she was ok. Then I realized I wanted something better and snce then I met two COYOTES who made the girl from january look very attractive. Now I'm saying-"damm I guess the first girl I met in January was not bad looking at all"

So of course I can't call her now because I already stopped taking her calls. But I'm just kicking myself because I need to stop being so damm picky and shallow.

I know i'm not the only guy who this has happened to?
Hi TVandSportsGuy,

This is why people should meet lots of people. There is nothing wrong with moving on from that girl in January. You need to find out what people are like and what you are like.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:43 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Not that what you're saying is wrong, but it's human nature to compare....
One date in 2009 rather confirms that he doesn't have anything much to compare. He starts pulling potential dates apart and nitpicking out the ying yang before he's even physically met them.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

One could argue that he's a new fool for the new year... a restructured revamped one with more idiosyncrasies added on every week.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:48 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
One date in 2009 rather confirms that he doesn't have anything much to compare. He starts pulling potential dates apart and nitpicking out the ying yang before he's even physically met them.
I was hoping you can be my 4th date in 2010

Old 03-28-2010, 10:06 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
He's 34

Man, could have fooled me

Old 03-28-2010, 10:15 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Tried to give you reps, but I have to spread some love.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:02 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
OP, Who would want to go out with someone who showed up on their doorstep one night (after one date, and a slew of unreturned phonecalls a few weeks later) to be told, "I'm really sorry I short-changed you earlier. I really thought I could do better than you.. but after going on another few dates - sheesh, you're better than nothing. Maybe we can work somethin out..."

Of course if you're in your right mind, you WOULDN'T say this directly to her face - but how does it make it any less honest, evident, or right?

It's ok. Things happen. You tried her on, you kept walkin'. You tried a few more on, and now that old hat is looking better than it did at first. There's nothing you can do about it now. That's beside the point, though. The point is, it would only be a matter of time before you found someone that scored higher on your base-value point system, and you'd leave her again. I feel like shaking her hand. She probably won't ever have to endure feeling like your doormat, because she wasn't up to your standards. I still fear for the rest of 'em out there!

Can you try to think of it like shoe shopping? Yes.. I'm a female, but no, I only own like 5 pairs of shoes - but still, the metaphor fits!
You can shop for people like shoes. Try one on, if it's not right - keep going. You've got a whole 2 rows to dig through! - but the closer you get to the end of the row, the more you begin thinking about that second pair in the beginning.. that might work with a little effort or compromise. The only difference between people and shoes are... if you went to go pick up that originally unwanted pair in the beginning, they might just bite ya on the hand and not WANT to go home with you!

Old 03-28-2010, 11:06 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,425,681 times
Oh fun, just what every girl wants--to be the leftover garbage at the bottom of the bucket after you've picked through everything else.

Quit thinking so highly of yourself. You don't deserve to be anywhere near the likes of a lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships