Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:39 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
TVSG - you have too many rules. It's quite possible there is no hope for you.
QUITE possible? Surely you jest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 01:40 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
TVSG - you have too many rules. It's quite possible there is no hope for you.

I do and trying to eliminate some of them

Old 03-28-2010, 01:42 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
In the summer my friends and family all me the NIGHT MAN because I only come out after it gets dark

At nite in summer ya could go catfishin' & crawdad huntin'. That's when they come out to play.

hahaha

Old 03-28-2010, 02:20 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,928,620 times
Quote:
So you think you're worthy of 8's?

Granted I have no idea who you are. But I'll assume since you're 34 and still single (correct?). That at best, you're an 8 yourself. Now we subtract a point because you're online dating (just law. nothing wrong with it really). That puts you at a 7. We'll subtract another 2 pts based on your personality on this site (full of yourself, picky, ect.). That puts you at a 5. I'm going to say a soft 5. Maybe you have some redeeming quality that could make you a hard 5, but a 5 none the less.

Now, by point law, you can't date/get someone more than 2 points out of your number. Which means the best you could hypothetically get is a 7. But again, onlline dating has it's own rules - so in theory a female 7 could probably date higher. That greatly reduces your number of 7's to choose from.

Moral of the story dude: get over yourself. Learn to treat people with respect.
If we read and post in the Relationship Forum, but we are not online dating or fishing(trolling-haha!), do we still have to subtract a point from our final score. I'd hate to drop down to a niner.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:26 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
At nite in summer ya could go catfishin' & crawdad huntin'. That's when they come out to play.

hahaha

Sorry, no crawdads or catfish in Philly.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Nah, the perfect Phoenix date is staying home and making out on the couch in your air conditioned house.

Hm...no wonder I can't find a date.

Night time, pools and hot tubs work well too!

Old 03-28-2010, 02:42 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times
Pools and hots tubs work ANY time -- day or night, winter/summer.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:45 PM

Is that pool heated in the winter? I don't mind chilly, but arctic? Not my idea of a good time. I'm not a polar bear.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Blind dates suck! I have only been stupid enough to fall for doing it a couple of times eons ago.

Here's a fun way to meet many different people in the summer(TVSG you could see exactly what you're getting-). They won't be bundled up wearing parkas and fur coats and such.

My sister and I did this all the time in our 20s. If the pool area wasn't pretty at one of our apartments, or it was boring(no one around during the weekdays), we would go to the pools at other apartment complexes. We would see and meet many people we would have never met otherwise.

We never had a hookup, but it would have been easy. We did meet and talk to a lot of fun people in a relaxing setting, and we went to many parties at apartment clubhouses(free parties) because the people we met would mention the upcoming parties.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:32 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,254,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Back in January I met this girl on a COLD NIGHT and I wasn't completely knocked over by her physically but she was ok. Then I realized I wanted something better and snce then I met two COYOTES who made the girl from january look very attractive. Now I'm saying-"damm I guess the first girl I met in January was not bad looking at all"

So of course I can't call her now because I already stopped taking her calls. But I'm just kicking myself because I need to stop being so damm picky and shallow.

I know i'm not the only guy who this has happened to?
I never have myself but they have done this to me plenty of times. The problem is it is not the same as it was before and they have added baggage and problems this time around. I always tell them that if I wasn't good enough for you the first time why am I this time? They seem to get the hint that I am no longer interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships