Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:50 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

Back in January I met this girl on a COLD NIGHT and I wasn't completely knocked over by her physically but she was ok. Then I realized I wanted something better and snce then I met two COYOTES who made the girl from january look very attractive. Now I'm saying-"damm I guess the first girl I met in January was not bad looking at all"

So of course I can't call her now because I already stopped taking her calls. But I'm just kicking myself because I need to stop being so damm picky and shallow.

I know i'm not the only guy who this has happened to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 09:12 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times
When you're starving, every cracker is a Ritz -- MMMM!

And when you're not, it's just crackers.

While perhaps you DO need to do a bit of introspection and figure out what you want (not talking about that perfect fantasy, talking about real life), if the back-then girl wasn't good enough for you then, in short order she wouldn't be good enough for you again.

I'd suggest you need to figure YOU out before you start trying to impose yourself on the women out there. If you felt a momentary pang of resentfulness at my use of the phrase "impose yourself", stop and think about how back-then girl felt when you stopped taking her calls, let alone how she'd feel if you sought her out, she took you back and after your thirst was quenched you DID begin to feel she wasn't quite what you wanted.

That might be quite an imposition on your part, yes? No?

Just something to think about.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I'd suggest you need to figure YOU out before you start trying to impose yourself on the women out there. If you felt a momentary pang of resentfulness at my use of the phrase "impose yourself", stop and think about how back-then girl felt when you stopped taking her calls, let alone how she'd feel if you sought her out, she took you back and after your thirst was quenched you DID begin to feel she wasn't quite what you wanted.

This. Exactly this.

15,971 posts, read 9,388,267 times
Hindsight is always 20/20.

Like you said, you can't make a phone call, but let's say you two happen to cross paths again... I think in that case you should ask if she wants to hang out again. Worth a try, but you may get rejected in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
When you're starving, every cracker is a Ritz -- MMMM!

And when you're not, it's just crackers.

While perhaps you DO need to do a bit of introspection and figure out what you want (not talking about that perfect fantasy, talking about real life), if the back-then girl wasn't good enough for you then, in short order she wouldn't be good enough for you again.

I think we just met at a bad time with all the SNOW and FREEZING RAIN. February was a bad weather month and it stopped us from seeing each other.

Also I had no one to compare the girl to back in january so I figure she' ok but I can do better.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think we just met at a bad time with all the SNOW and FREEZING RAIN. February was a bad weather month and it stopped us from seeing each other.

Also I had no one to compare the girl to back in january so I figure she' ok but I can do better.
Point is, you shouldn't be "comparing" at all, dude. You're 34 years old but the way you talk about this stuff, one would think you were 15.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Point is, you shouldn't be "comparing" at all, dude. You're 34 years old but the way you talk about this stuff, one would think you were 15.

She was like a 7 on the scale of 1 to 10 and the way the weather was in February I didn't think it was worth going out in bad weather for a 7. I prefer 8's and would have went out in the cold for a 8.

Just so happen I ended up meeting a 5 and 3 after her which makes me like a NEW FOOL

Old 03-28-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
She was like a 7 on the scale of 1 to 10 and the way the weather was in February I didn't think it was worth going out in bad weather for a 7. I prefer 8's and would have went out in the cold for a 8.

Just so happen I ended up meeting a 5 and 3 after her which makes me like a NEW FOOL
You just illustrated my point...again.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Get yourself into some therapy...have a nice day.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times
Quote:

All that snow and freezing rain stop you from taking her calls, pal?

So you had no one to compare her to back then, and since then you've picked up two women you've termed "coyotes" (yes, I'm familiar with the arm-chewing phraseology, no need to clarify) so THAT's what you'd compare her with now.

And if Miss Thang shows you some passing interest after you've re-hooked with Miss Yesterday, now you've got something ELSE with which to compare her, something which validates your former sense of "I can do better."

All of those words of yours I quoted: Psychologists call that justification. And it doesn't change a thing I told you in my first post, not a single, solitary one.

My assertion stands inasmuch as I'm concerned as some faceless entity out there on teh webz flaunting my Internet Bad-assedness (which is worth a fart in the wind): Start really thinking about YOU for a while, ere you hitch your wagon to someone else's, even briefly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships