Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

It is so annoying to get a message and go in to open up their profile only to see no Photo. If people can't show who they are because of certain jobs then they shouldn't be on there. I don't pay money to get messages from a person with no picture.

A Dating profile without a picture is a Resume without a Name and Address. Why be on the site if people can't see who you are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 04-29-2010, 10:34 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It is so annoying to get a message and go in to open up their profile only to see no Photo. If people can't show who they are because of certain jobs then they shouldn't be on there. I don't pay money to get messages from a person with no picture.

A Dating profile without a picture is a Resume without a Name and Address. Why be on the site if people can't see who you are?

You know, TVSG for once (and don't get used to this, lol) I actually have to agree. A long time ago when I was single and used the dating sites, I always posted pics of myself and always had current photos. The two things that would drive me nuts were guys who never posted their pics OR who would have pics from 10 years ago.

The thing those people don't understand is you are putting yourself out there because you are obviously trying to attract a mate, date, husband, wife... whatever. We all know that looks are the first thing you are going to notice. I don't care how many people say that personality is more important, it's BS - complete hogwash. We are BY nature attracted FIRST to looks.

If you are going to be on a dating website, put some freaking pictures up and make sure they are current. Also, if you are going to that small bit of trouble, how about you also really build a profile, and not just a few words about yourself. Make it yours. You are selling a product - YOU.

Ok, I'm all done now... that was for those still single and dating - I'm speaking up for you guys! LOL

Old 04-29-2010, 10:35 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
40% of eharmony users are married. why would i want their pictures?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
lol......which is why I could never do the online dating thing. I can't lie though...I see women who turned me down or I turned down myself on there and it is interesting to see their profiles.

Last edited by Beliciano; 04-29-2010 at 10:52 AM..

Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
You know, TVSG for once (and don't get used to this, lol) I actually have to agree. A long time ago when I was single and used the dating sites, I always posted pics of myself and always had current photos. The two things that would drive me nuts were guys who never posted their pics OR who would have pics from 10 years ago.

The thing those people don't understand is you are putting yourself out there because you are obviously trying to attract a mate, date, husband, wife... whatever. We all know that looks are the first thing you are going to notice. I don't care how many people say that personality is more important, it's BS - complete hogwash. We are BY nature attracted FIRST to looks.

If you are going to be on a dating website, put some freaking pictures up and make sure they are current. Also, if you are going to that small bit of trouble, how about you also really build a profile, and not just a few words about yourself. Make it yours. You are selling a product - YOU.

Ok, I'm all done now... that was for those still single and dating - I'm speaking up for you guys! LOL

Or the other type of blank profile which is a

"Photo with no essay"

Old 04-29-2010, 10:50 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Or the other type of blank profile which is a

"Photo with no essay"
Of course! and you know what that says to me about that person? They didn't care enough to take the time to actually represent themselves so why on earth would anyone be interested? It also tells me that those people who do that are just in a rush, it translates to me that they rush through life and don't care about details.... you would be surprised how saying so little can say so much.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
And I wish certain internet forums wouldn't permit certain posters to start thread after thread of insufferable twaddle. But I guess we'll all just have to cope.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
Pictures actually turn me off. They should allow you to upload a 3 minute video audition of yourself, like when you apply for the Real World.

Pictures are so wooden and scary looking. I like taking pictures of things and places to remind me of things. I like taking pictures of people in a setting where I can remember them.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
And I wish certain internet forums wouldn't permit certain posters to start thread after thread of insufferable twaddle. But I guess we'll all just have to cope.
COPE ON Drovo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships