Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Couldn't agree more Kat......God is the giver and the taker when it comes to life. When you think about it, He gave and will take all of our lives. We all must die, whether it's by a mass flood or individually in our own time because of the sins of Adam. He's not a murderer, He is a giver and we must think of Him in those terms. He is the most High God and we cannot put Him on the same level as a human being. He cannot commit murder, it is not His nature.

I don't read the NT either....it doesn't represent God as I see Him.
Yikes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God does not murder. He judges individuals and nations according to His justice. Man has no right to question God's holiness. He gives life and He has the right to remove from this earth those who disobey Him. And He has the right to eternally condemn to the lake of fire, those who reject Christ as Savior.

God's commands to kill as recorded in the Old Testament accounts were righteous and just. God's commands to kill the enemies of the Israelites were to both punish those who defied God and to prevent their ways from being adopted by His people.

Also, being under the law, which was given to man to show that man is incapable of keeping the law, God had to impose strict punishments on those that broke the law.

Further, God has the right both then and now to, under maximum discipline, remove from this earth believers who continually disobey Him and refuse to respond to lesser discipline.

God desires that all men be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. But God can only save those who come to Him through Jesus Christ. Jesus, who is God, became a man so that He could go to the Cross and pay the penalty for man's sin. In so doing, He made eternal salvation possible for all who will believe in Christ.

Acts 16:31. ''Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved...

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His uniquely born Son, that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son, has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.
The only way a man can come to God is by God regenerateing that man in order that he believe...No one seeks after God, He says that Himself...So, if no one seeks after Him then that means there must be a devine intervention from God...

Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So the law showed that man was INCAPABLE of keeping the law so God punishes those who break it?

That makes no sense at all! IF man is INCAPABLE of keeping the law then is it FAIR or JUST to punish them for breaking it? IF you asked your child to do something they were INCAPABLE of doing would YOU punish them?

You are trying to fathom God using man's way of thinking...

Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Yikes....
There ya go...the light is shining into the darkness and bearing it out....

Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You are trying to fathom God using man's way of thinking...
What other way should I use? Do you think like a god?

The fact is some think Christ only died to save the righteous when clearly the bible states he came to save the sinner. So if the sinner is the only one left out... seems awful fishy.

If no one can please God... why are some punished for not pleasing him?

Old 06-28-2010, 09:59 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
What other way should I use? Do you think like a god?

The fact is some think Christ only died to save the righteous when clearly the bible states he came to save the sinner. So if the sinner is the only one left out... seems awful fishy.

You replied to a statement that has the intention of implying that what they believe "is" Gods thinking, when what you point out is exactly the issue.

They are not God so their point of view is how they see it, then same as anyone elses.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:06 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You replied to a statement that has the intention of implying that what they believe "is" Gods thinking, when what you point out is exactly the issue.

They are not God so their point of view is how they see it, then same as anyone elses.
Yes I noticed that. Many people on this forum seem to know how God's mind works...

All I know is that when my child is incapable of something... I don't punish them for failing at it.

That would just be cruel.

Talk about the catch all excuse in religion: Humans cannot fully understand God.

In which case... I guess no one can have eternal life (to know God) because he is unknowable.

But then if they don't know and understand God they are punished...

Silliness.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:08 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Post #5 by you: I don't read the NT either....it doesn't represent God as I see Him.
I believe she meant the old testament ...

Old 06-28-2010, 10:12 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
What other way should I use?
The scriptures describe it very well.

Quote:
The sinner chosen to NOT be a part of the NEW CREATION.
Think parallel universe with a different set of laws, physics, etc.
Have you ever read of the multiple string theory fiasco?

Quote:
Because our race, is already dead because of Adam.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Don't.
I was gonna say that! But I could not limit my expression!
Right on, Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality