Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:07 AM

664 posts, read 855,141 times

Advertisements

all who confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he died on the cross for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 08:36 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
all who confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he died on the cross for you.

Well if you are a Christian sure you believe that.....

But lots of others have their beliefs too.....

And guess what...... They are as strong in their beliefs as you are in yours, so
you are wasting your time here......

Old 10-22-2010, 08:37 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

And guess what...... They are as strong in their beliefs as you are in yours, so
I guarantee you, he doesn't think so. Quite the contrary, he thinks he sees an opportunity to "save" some of us. But as they say in another language, gay vace.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:28 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
1. A person has to believe in or accept the existence of either a paradise or a hell or a combination of the two.

2. A person has the right to define what a paradise or a hell is, only to realize that whatever concocted definition will be personal and cannot be applied universally.

3. Similarly, a person's beliefs cannot be applied universally. Just because "you" say that there is a heaven or a hell does not make it so.

4. Interestingly, of all the religions that have existed on Earth (and known about or studied), only one claimed that paradise had already descended to Earth: early Christianity.

But thanks to Charlemagne and his ilk, Christianity was so vastly altered that it has now rejected the claim of the Christ: the Kingdom of God has come. Modern Christianity now joins the never-ending chorus of "the Kingdom of God is coming--but only if we are righteous (whatever that means)--and only for a select worthy few.

5. So, other than giving God a different name, the Jews, the Moslems, and the Christians are all in the same boat, trying to outdo each other in denouncing the others and promoting their own righteous self-worth.
I've always been partial to a balanced mind...I find yours to be intriguing...

Blessings...

Old 10-22-2010, 09:30 PM

460 posts, read 592,827 times
The answer to the question to me: Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City, Philippines.

Truth Light:

You did not understand what I wrote because you have placed your own blinders on how you want to view reality. That a man wrote down some words on paper and other men made it scripture does not make it the Word of God or even scripture. What you personally take from words begins and ends with you. If several people take the same message to heart and build a community that advances civilization in all aspects of human endeavors, that is good. You could call that the Will of God, inasmuch as we are God, and what we do collectively is the face of God.

That you wish to believe in a prehistoric cosmos, a mythological cosmos, is your personal choice. However, your view is no more correct than any other view, because viewing the universe, a God concept, relationships between people, et al is very personal.

Reality is defined by the majority of people. In the Middle Ages, people preferred to believe in invisible good guys and bad guys. As we entered the Renaissance, these invisble creatures were really very, very small viruses, germs, bacteria, and the like.

Today, we still have a problem with the idea that there are vast distances at the atomic level between atoms, between molecules. We have built a world whereby we actually believe we are touching other elements of matter. It is physically impossible for one atom or one molecule or even a collection of molecules to touch other atoms, molecules, or collections of molecules. What we regard as the feeling of touch is the interpretation of force fields generated by atoms, molecules, and collections of molecules.

Your quote of a very antiquated--and in my opinion, a form of human enslavement--passage included in the Koran (Quran) is at the heart of the Islam problem. Instead of being free to worship God (or Allah) in every form of human existence, your Imams changed the very essence of your Prophet, who was trying to educate and reform a very different world from today, into a ritual of "musts" and "have-tos." Islam has fallen into the same trap as Judaism (Rabbinism in particular) fell into before the Christ came onto the scene.

You have very conveniently built a religion where you can fool this God of yours by physical actions. You think that by burying your head five or seven times a day, facing an arbitray spot on the Earth, that your God is adding up heavenly brownie points for your favor. In the meantime, within your heart and mind, you are trying to figure out how you can *********r neighbor out of everything he/she has.

Mankind was NOT created for worship. This is the consensus of hundreds of theologians who lead the collection of thought and understanding. Rather, worship was created for man.

And what should that worship be: that mankind in every facet of his being and existence reflect the God that is within it as well as without. Everything! Not just some kind of rites and rituals, wearing of special clothes, studying only sanctioned books, and other delimiting religious oddities. Everything! From the building of giant skyscrapers to the digging deep into the Earth, from the competetion on the sports field to that of the political arena, from the occassional needed slapping our neighbor around to the desperately needed hugging of our neighbor.

Showing love to one another as "blood," and becoming "all that one can be": these make your God extremely happy. All the external bull-crap means absolutely nothing. Even your God can know your mind and knows when you are pulling the collective wool over your own eyes, heart, and mind.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:29 PM

56 posts, read 94,569 times
Quote:
Amen Branfan,the most intelligent statement yet on this thread,you took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Well if you are a Christian sure you believe that.....

i didn't even push my belief on anyone on this thread. somebody asked a question an answered it. stop trying to make it like i was pushing it on you. i just answered this person's question.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I guarantee you, he doesn't think so. Quite the contrary, he thinks he sees an opportunity to "save" some of us. But as they say in another language, gay vace.

i'm not a man. i'm female. i wasn't trying to get you saved. i just answered the OPs question. that's all i did. i wasn't pushing anything on anyone. LOL wow!

Old 10-23-2010, 04:00 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
i didn't even push my belief on anyone on this thread. somebody asked a question an answered it. stop trying to make it like i was pushing it on you. i just answered this person's question.

Sorry but this is bothersome to those of us who are happy in what we believe and it was something you wrote:

No many Christians don't push their belief. My parents are examples of those who have a live and let live outlook. They wouldn't dream of taking the attitude of sharing their belief with others.

But many Christians don't have that attitude, they really believe they need to "share" their belief, are commanded to share their belief and that others salvation is somehow absolutely their business.

So you may have answered a question but those of us who are not Christian read a bit more into it sometimes.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:27 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
The title of this thread is "who will enter the paradise , the christians , the jews ,the muslims"

Branfan
answered that question with
Quote:
Now, if she'd come into any random religion thread here and posted only that, I might take issue with it. But, in this context, she's just answering the question according to her belief - essentially, that only those who accept JC as their savior (Christians) will go to Heaven.

I don't share that belief but hardly can condemn her for answering honestly. This thread got a little off track - probably starting with the OP lol. Chances are Branfan saw the thread title and answered immediately instead of reading the thread - so she didn't realize that her post might come off as a proselytizing non-sequitur at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality