Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:37 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,353,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Who is "the father"? Why didn't he say "God?" Why didn't he say "my father"? "The father" could have been anybody. Heck, he could have been talking about Joseph.

Anyways, Jesus says at the end of John 14 that "the father is greater than I" so why worship Jesus? Why not just worship "the father"? Could it be that the Jews and Muslims are correct?

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 10-26-2010 at 10:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Who is "the father"? Why didn't he say "God?" Why didn't he say "my father"? "The father" could have been anybody. Heck, he could have been talking about Joseph.

In the Text where Jesus tells us that no one comes to the Father but by Him. It is obvious he was not speaking of his earthly father Joseph. And that is because Jesus tells those around Him that he is going away to His Father's house, where there are (MANY MANSIONS). His earthly father did not have such a house with many mansions. Yet His heavenly Father did.
Jesus in the same text also reveals that He and the Father are one. Here again this is not a reference to His earthly father. This statement is confirmed again in 1 John 5:7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:36 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,353,144 times
Quote:
In the Text where Jesus tells us that no one comes to the Father but by Him. It is obvious he was not speaking of his earthly father Joseph. And that is because Jesus tells those around Him that he is going away to His Father's house, where there are (MANY MANSIONS). His earthly father did not have such a house with many mansions. Yet His heavenly Father did.
Jesus in the same text also reveals that He and the Father are one. Here again this is not a reference to His earthly father. This statement is confirmed again in 1 John 5:7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the holy Ghost: and these three are one.
I guess my joke went over your head. Anyways, here's my original post on this thread (which I still believe).
Quote:
who will enter the paradise , the christains , the jews ,the muslims

None of the above. After all of the wars that the aforementioned three have caused, I am surprised that they aren't worried about splitting the gates of hell wide open.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:31 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
I guess my joke went over your head. Anyways, here's my original post on this thread (which I still believe).

I believe most people found in churches are not Christians. Jesus told us that many would Worship Him with their lips, yet their hearts are far from Him. Jesus also told us that wide is the gate that leads to destruction and (MANY) will enter that gate. He also tells us that the gate that leads to life, will only be found by a (FEW). Many we see in the churches today, along with all the other false religions will be found in Hell. Only God's people will enter His paradise.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:54 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,379 times
Quote:
I believe most people found in churches are not Christians. Jesus told us that many would Worship Him with their lips, yet their hearts are far from Him. Jesus also told us that wide is the gate that leads to destruction and (MANY) will enter that gate. He also tells us that the gate that leads to life, will only be found by a (FEW). Many we see in the churches today, along with all the other false religions will be found in Hell. Only God's people will enter His paradise.

Yes...only those who believe in God, and his truth EDEN through the word of truth = (Jesus Christ) "It is all Good when taken with thanksgiving" and "Those who do the will of the father, shall enter paradise"

Now what Did God make?...EDEN...so it was his will to make it...no other word or reality is mentioned in Genesis...before the fall of man and woman....
His will...Genesis 2:15 is the reason God made Humankind..."To tend and keep the Garden"....nothing more is mentioned about what we are to do....So to extrapolate from that being the word of God, and the instructions of God, before the fall of Humankind into death....we should uphold those ideals...and do what God asks of us...now.

Now in order to right the wrongs....things have to be put back in order...Acts 3:21...And doing it in the opposite way in which it was taken...(Taken in disobediance) = (Put back sinlessly).....and then there is the question what is sin?....Sin is the disobediacne of God's word, will, and instruction....
So the commandments were given...to live by...and till this day...no one nation has followed them!
And no one nation has completed sinlessly the formation of EDEN or its multiple EDENS>...
And now the whole world Just signed in on war and slaughtering people because they are in the way of Supposed progress under that IDOL God said not to make or have....as the second commandment..Jesus was pointing at...and kicking around..

So who are God's people?.....I wonder?...and how many are to come out of the great ordeal?....so simple a thing to do (sow some seeds)...yet the weight of doing it is weening (because they punish the grower and the user)...and heavy hearts...and controted out of mind, heart and spirit...to comply with that simple and oh so appearent meaning of FORGIVENESS....if we stop sinning....and sow those seeds sinlessly...sharing, and caring for the whole worlds life forces!!!
Making Holy Ground has been forgotten...Something Moses was on, infront of a Burning Bush, on the side of a holy mountain........any connection to the truth of God and a plant now outlawed by bent laws, and bad/false judgment, oppression, and sanctions on trade and people, now in the works on those who do sow this plant and others?...I wonder about that .
And yet human sin is promoted, taxed, and Human life sold, bought, and slaughtered for a price....But you cannot plant this certain plant by their bent laws?..(if we read Genesis 9:3 correctly ,"it is all Good when taken with thanksgiving"... as Jesus said)...wonder who is making these funny bent laws that go against what was spoken By God and Christ....?....$ATAN?...and if we apply ACTS 10:15...not to profane that which God has made clean, or called Good, and has given us to use...or make false judgment on....anything God made Good....which is the truth of God...and he blessed them and the days in which they were made...Good!

So who is lying?...who is Contorting things?...who is not sharing? or caring...or giving?...who is omitting, oppressing Sactioning, imprisoning, and over taxing people?
Was not all the creation in EDEN that God made Good...Given?....Again where is EDEN...can Earth become EDEN or EDENS like God says he has made, that we were sent out of (for being disobediant)...and can we return to God and EDEN or EDENS?.....Yes we can!!!...if we do the right things for the right reasons....Put it back (the plants) where they belong..."leave them alone" as God says to do...Let them climatize the planet..and feed the living things in which they were made for...(God feeds the Birds(all seeds) and loves them ) how much more will God love those who do his will and fulfill his word?...and stop sinning!

That is the fulfillment...REV 17:17...eh?

Simple!

Last edited by Sir Les; 10-27-2010 at 06:30 AM..

Old 10-27-2010, 06:13 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,912 times
Sir Les and Campbell, its not who is lying. Christians, and Muslims don't think they lie. They both swear to their truth. That is simply what that is their truth.

Only G-d knows for sure. People who say they know for sure are daring to say they know the mind of G-d.

My thoughts are many people are going to be in for a rude awakening when they see the others who they thought would be condemned.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:41 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Sir Les and Campbell, its not who is lying. Christians, and Muslims don't think they lie. They both swear to their truth. That is simply what that is their truth.

Only G-d knows for sure. People who say they know for sure are daring to say they know the mind of G-d.

My thoughts are many people are going to be in for a rude awakening when they see the others who they thought would be condemned.
Yes we are all decieved if we lie or allow the lie to continue..and support the liars...we are all Guilty...as Judgment of the truth on us confesses!
If God did Give us instructions (Commandments to live by) and ever since those words were given...no one complied with them....then we are all in trouble with God!

As I keep on saying in my posts...Money is the root to all evils....
Jesus said to those who showed him the engraven coins..."Your making a den of robbers, sinners, and thieves!!!!"...So is it their fault that they are sinners? or Evil doers?...if the very thing that creates them is the Engraven IDOL God said not to make, or have, or need or ask for...so it is in use...?

See...that is where Jesus stops trying to save people, and lays down his Life....So that they believe in the God who sent him to stop the madness!

Are we listening?...are we following Jesus, and sharing everything that God made Good?...are we doing what God asked we do?

And it is not only for US humans...the forgiveness is for all LIFE....ALL the living things God made Good...are forgiven, when they stop sinning and start working for the greator Good..and truth of GOD.

Now if we continue to pollute this world...we become polluted!
And they want that...so they can make more money off the ills and suffering they got everyone contributing to with that IDOL and the dead blood of those passed...that we seem to think is acceptable to burn at our whim and desire...knowing it pollutes everything necessary to make it clean and presteen...so Human health, and all lifes health, is brought back to some form of normal existance...!

If we remove one thing out of alignment that God put there for a reason...we create the chaos!

That is what is meant by God saying To ADAM and EVE "it is because of you it is like this!" and ever since ever was...more sins were made ..to make more death...and more death brought more woes and wrath, and more and more people stopped working for God...and started working for themselves....and MONEY.

Now it says in Mathew 6:24...You cannot serve two masters...one is a living God...one is a metal currency...and all nations have that in use these days...in differing forms...but symbolically it is all the same thing...different heads, all the same beast...serving all the same demigod...and now they ask for human sacrifices in wars with no merits or truths....if we follow the laws, precepts and covenants to the letter of the law...we can see the underhanded Evil sinning left hand seriving both sides of the conflicts we now face.......wonder why?

Who gave Saddam those weapons of poison Gas to use on IRAN?

Yah...they don't want you to know that..so they claim top secret status.....
And when Saddam didn't play ball....they devised ways to snuff him out...but they failed...and they tried all kinds of lies to dethrown him...and while oppressing his people and nation...they infiltrated his lands with spies and more lies and liars...to undermine him, and take control of the oil...
Now all this was failing...(I cannot say Saddam was good or bad...but he went to war to secure the oil wells from the US and her allies....so they went to war wit lies, and roomers (called bad intelligence?) no it is called LIES....

and how many died or are now being slaughtered because of those lies they keep telling us?...how many people who have come together to fight for their freedom from the beast, and their way of life preserved...are being slaughtered by the western world order?...because they are in the way of progress in polluting the planet?..and profiting off that, and the ill heath that stems from it?

Sure we turn a blind eye...But there it is...the truth...and on one side of the coin...you have luxuries and wealth...but on the other side you have sickness, pain suffering and warfare, and death...in constant sin...and constant evil...constantly pointing the finger at someone else and saying Enemy my emeny.......wonder why?...wonder who is the real enemy?

It is not the religion of God, and the practice of his word, or will that is to blame for all this killing and death....if we follow the commandments, covenants, and precepts, and share, and care for the living...As Jesus said to do....

And remember the forgiveness of God is for all the living things...we are to teach....by action, by word, by spirit....as God works through us, it is bred into them...as they will come to know us as being helpers of the whole creation of God....not the enemy of it.

That is the essence of the truth....if we continue to go the wrong way...this world will end.

Might be a way out?...but if we end it in sin...then death is final.
But if we end it in peace, health and happiness...with out sin...doing what God said to do...for free...and in sharing..and caring for all living things...God would no doubt preserve a place for us and them somewhere...so we all can live, as God wanted us to.

Is that so hard to understand, about religion if we read it for ourselves, ant test the word, and will, and instruction for our selves?

remember Money feeds no one!...so we have to sow seeds..and tend to the animals, insects and others well....and in that LOVE of GOD and Life is born in US....AMEN?.

Now who in their right mind would pay, for something that has already been Given freely?

isn't that the question we all should be asking ourselves these days?

Old 05-20-2012, 08:51 PM

4 posts, read 2,928 times
that's how it's noted as interpreted in Gospel by many of the jewish authorities.... Christ also Refers to God as 'our Father' apparently (mt.6, lk.11, PLGB)

in jn.20 i believe He Uses a quote similar to ruth and Says 'My Father and your Father' praise GOD

Christians do praise/pray to God, Lord Willing His Presence and Salvation be in Christ, Lord Forgive Lord Willin be i wrong or offbase PLGB

Old 05-20-2012, 09:13 PM

77 posts, read 347,206 times
Well, if I was God, it'd be the people who don't knock on my door at 8 in the morning or blow up buildings.

In other words, not the fundamentalists. They're too caught up with religion that they're missing the whole spiritual aspect of it.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 AM

67 posts, read 82,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
We all come from the same place.

We all go to the same place.

Just as I suspected, the vagina is heaven!

First of all why would a loving God, accept or reject people based on their religion? The many religions of the world teach basically the same, good people are rewarded and bad people are punished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality