Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,651 times

Advertisements

Any "paradise" that is exclusionary based solely on belief (and not on works) is impossible to be a paradise. And even if it is based primarily on works, it probably still wouldn't be paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 04:33 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Any "paradise" that is exclusionary based solely on belief (and not on works) is impossible to be a paradise. And even if it is based primarily on works, it probably still wouldn't be paradise.
The prosperity in Paradise in the afterlife is for:
doing the righteous work ... on condition that essentially there is the belief in God: One God without associate or son or equal.

Q24

Old 05-28-2012, 10:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,930 times
Default compare religions

Wanting to compare religions, you should study them or even do a quick research about them, specially Islam, if you want to know more about Islam ask Muslims.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:23 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,396 times
What I want to know is why do atheists ask questions that involve christianity then ridicule christians that answer it? And some atheists actually claim they are more tolerant than christians!!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Sorry but this is bothersome to those of us who are happy in what we believe and it was something you wrote:

all who confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he died on the cross for you.

No many Christians don't push their belief. My parents are examples of those who have a live and let live outlook. They wouldn't dream of taking the attitude of sharing their belief with others.

But many Christians don't have that attitude, they really believe they need to "share" their belief, are commanded to share their belief and that others salvation is somehow absolutely their business.
Because we are commanded to do it!! This commandment, called "The Great Commission," is in our Scripture. We were commanded by Jesus to share the Gospel, just not to force it on people.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
American christians are god's favorites (just ask them) so god will have heavily armed American christians guarding the gate to heaven. The American christians will decide who will be allowed entry. That means all muslims will be sent to hell.
It's hard to ask tens of millions of people. Do you know if all American christians believe this?

God has no favorites. There are no more "Chosen People," except for those who believe in Jesus (so we christians believe). I believe that America has a place in Bible prophecy, but I don't think we are "God's favorite". There is no such thing!!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:40 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
What I want to know is why do atheists ask questions that involve christianity then ridicule christians that answer it? And some atheists actually claim they are more tolerant than christians!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Because we are commanded to do it!! This commandment, called "The Great Commission," is in our Scripture. We were commanded by Jesus to share the Gospel, just not to force it on people.
When we ridicule, if your god cannot stand up to the scrutiny and questions then perhaps you have nothing of merit to share.

You should realise that most atheists here are ex-christians.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
When we ridicule, if your god cannot stand up to the scrutiny and questions then perhaps you have nothing of merit to share.

You should realise that most atheists here are ex-christians.
If you're so tolerant, why do you ridicule? And there's a difference between ridicule and scrutiny. Ask me anything you want about Catholicism, all I ask is that you do it respectfully and sincerely.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:26 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,945 times
We ridicule the claims. As for catholosism, I have had many online discussions with a number of RC priests and usually the catholics come over less obnoxious than evangelicals.

It is pretty hard not to run across the RC doctrines when in search of origins of the church.

As for the sharing, the bible also states you should not go from house to house. At least I can attest to the fact no catholic has ever knocked on my door.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
We ridicule the claims.

Quote:
If you were "tolerant," as many claim atheists are more so than christians, you wouldn't ridicule at all, you would just question and voice your opinion, but with respect.
As for catholosism, I have had many online discussions with a number of RC priests and usually the catholics come over less obnoxious than evangelicals.

It is pretty hard not to run across the RC doctrines when in search of origins of the church.

As for the sharing, the bible also states you should not go from house to house. At least I can attest to the fact no catholic has ever knocked on my door.
Where does the Bible state this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality