Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 11:04 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
Yes, smack yourself on the head. As I said, I like the old terms (B.C. and A.D.) better, grew up with them, I do not even care enough about them to worry what they stand for. Big deal.
You cared enough about it to bring it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 05:21 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:
I hate this crap now of "BCE" as in Before Christian Era and "CE" as in "Christian Era" instead of B.C. and A.D. we all grew up with, much the same as i hate the "Enhanced Fujita Scale" of tornadoes as in EF1 to EF5 tornado as opposed to old-school kick-ass Fujita Scale of F1 to F5 tornado, beloved in the movie "Twister". This time period sucks.

Yes change is hard...

Old 09-13-2010, 06:11 AM

146 posts, read 482,078 times
BCE has NEVER stood for Before Christ Era, are you people really this ignorant? CE stands for common era, it always has, and it always will.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:56 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default He's Here All Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Actually rifleman, I believe your beliefs are much closer to blind faith than mine. And that is because much of what you believe is based on assumptions. Whereas what I believe is based on fulfilled prophecies that can be considered, and my encounters with God. Your best arguments are simply based on denial. And those denials I believe have little to do with what is factual, or true. Denial, appears to be all that is required by you.
Hee hee: you really ought to go into stand-up comic work, Tom.

All of my so-called "beliefs" are based on the results of repetitive, well-documented research, coupled with the resulting and inarguable conclusions that an assessment of all those results lead to. Facts, evidence, follow-ups, logical thinking, simple elimination of the obvious contradictions and lunacy of a literal biblical interpretation.

And whaddah yah get then? Why..

....there was no flood, there was no Ark, there was probably no godly Jesus (he being an obvious later add-on fabrication, as per all the obvious (to most of us at least...) fabrications and contradictions in his life history, not to mention the huge gap in that...), plus the easily proven fallacies of all of your ambiguous "prophecies").

Or your "red balloon" proof, and a convenient phone call. Yup: that's pretty strong stuff to be sure!

What then would any intelligent open-minded investigative person without a prior bias conclude? That you're right, and I'm wrong? Sure they would, Tom. Sure they would!

So now, who's delusional and basing it just on blind faith again?

Hee hee!!!
Thx: I needed a good first-thing laugh, Tom.

You are a laugh and a half!

Old 09-13-2010, 03:23 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
I hate this crap now of "BCE" as in Before Christian Era and "CE" as in "Christian Era" instead of B.C. and A.D. we all grew up with, much the same as i hate the "Enhanced Fujita Scale" of tornadoes as in EF1 to EF5 tornado as opposed to old-school kick-ass Fujita Scale of F1 to F5 tornado, beloved in the movie "Twister". This time period sucks.
So you'd rather use "Before Christ" and "Anno Domini" (which plainly refer to the christian mythos) instead...yet you're kvetching about the (incorrectly identified) term "Christian Era".

Weird.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:23 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
The rest of us DO know what he's talking about, because he's making sense, unlike you.

The statement is basically untrue, and that is because there are many reasons often given for a presented arguement, which supports the Biblical account. Yet many here forget or dismiss those reasons. And then come back with the nonsense that we only believe something because the BIBLE SAYS IT'S TRUE. And some here pretend that no such evidence was ever given to support the Bibles claim. And those who ignore this evidence are really the one's not making any sense here. And that is because your belief system rest on ignoring the obvious. And if ignoring evidence makes sense to you. What can I say?

Old 09-13-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You're hopeless, but the saddest thing is you'll never face that fact and actually try to learn something. Wallow in your self-righteous delusions. Just take your meds so you don't hurt anyone.

I'm hopeless?

Not according to one of the latest reports that speak of the risk of Nuke Reactors during a time of war. NOW, maybe you could learn something?

Destroying nuclear power stations in a war would irreversibly contaminate whole stretches of land over a long period of time. Link below.

New Report Exposes Risk of Nuke Reactors at War

WOW, those who did this study came to the same conclusion as me. Do you think these people are all hopeless as well, because their findings do not agree with you? Do you believe that they are all self-righteous and delusional because they do not agree with you? Do you think they are all on meds because they do not agree with you?

Old 09-14-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hee hee: you really ought to go into stand-up comic work, Tom.

All of my so-called "beliefs" are based on the results of repetitive, well-documented research, coupled with the resulting and inarguable conclusions that an assessment of all those results lead to. Facts, evidence, follow-ups, logical thinking, simple elimination of the obvious contradictions and lunacy of a literal biblical interpretation.

And whaddah yah get then? Why..

....there was no flood, there was no Ark, there was probably no godly Jesus (he being an obvious later add-on fabrication, as per all the obvious (to most of us at least...) fabrications and contradictions in his life history, not to mention the huge gap in that...), plus the easily proven fallacies of all of your ambiguous "prophecies").

Or your "red balloon" proof, and a convenient phone call. Yup: that's pretty strong stuff to be sure!

What then would any intelligent open-minded investigative person without a prior bias conclude? That you're right, and I'm wrong? Sure they would, Tom. Sure they would!

So now, who's delusional and basing it just on blind faith again?

Hee hee!!! Thx: I needed a good first-thing laugh, Tom.

You are a laugh and a half!

....there was no flood there was no ark?

Noah's Ark Ministries international just annonced that they are planning new expeditions to the Ark site, which will be announced to the public as soon as possible. Also, they are now making a documentary film about the search for the Ark, with much unreleased video footage.

I would say, unless you have proof that they have not found the Ark rifleman, your denial has little to do with science and more with a delusional belief that their find is not the Ark.

http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/ (broken link)

Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
Quote:
....there was no flood there was no ark?

Noah's Ark Ministries international just annonced that they are planning new expeditions to the Ark site, which will be announced to the public as soon as possible. Also, they are now making a documentary film about the search for the Ark, with much unreleased video footage.

I would say, unless you have proof that they have not found the Ark rifleman, your denial has little to do with science and more with a delusional belief that their find is not the Ark.

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/ - broken link)
This explains partly why this myth is silly...

YouTube - Atheist Comedy - The Great Flood

Old 09-14-2010, 07:55 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:

So I could make a ridiculous claim about seeing a fuzzy neon pink t-rex that farts ice-cream sundaes and plays a ukelele while wandering around the Pacific Northwest, and since nobody can prove me wrong, that means I'm right and it exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality