Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 09:02 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
This time of year is very hot where I live but much cooler in the North with a lot more rain. Perhaps you can find time to pass through Valencia so that we can indulge in a bit of quaffing together. We have a fine nature reserve here which is the second largest in Spain and Valencia City is a must see.

Valencia Photo Gallery | Valencia city photos | Travel pictures
When I grow up, I hope I can just be able to afford to just leave my neighborhood. Guess I need money for that, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Wink Another Prophecy sinks like a stone.

Never said I could afford it, but we owe it to ourselves to educate our minds, to travel and to see others worlds. I'll just charge it all to my Amex card and then die off, without pre-warning them! Hey; it's hardly like Shearson-Lehman never ripped off anyone, right?

And... I'll get to quaff wine with Rafi in the meantime. And we can amuse ourselves and others by telling C34 jokes. What a hoot!

BTW, [update time] NAMI still won't respond, and I've even had a couple of independent friends send them ex-mails as well. No response. They obviously failed to collect enough funds to have a joint travel adventure on the backs of the gullible.

No Ark. Ever. Never was, never will be. Prophecy or not.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:26 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
BTW, [update time] NAMI still won't respond, and I've even had a couple of independent friends send them ex-mails as well. No response. They obviously failed to collect enough funds to have a joint travel adventure on the backs of the gullible.
Perhaps we can con the gullible acolytes into believing the ark alighted in Spain and then lead an expedition to look for it. Through their donations, we could cover the cost of your holiday and I'm sure we'd be able to get enough dosh to cover quaffing expenses too.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
Count me in. Spanish wine can be quite good. Besides, "I've never been to Spain, but I've been to Oklahoma". We can drink some nice wine and wander around in the Pyrenees, having a look at Andorra.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:07 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
I was motorcycling in Andorra at the end of July.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:27 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
From what I know of its terrain, that must have been wonderful. (If the roads were decent.)

Old 09-06-2010, 11:18 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Neither did jesus, google "why jews don't think jesus is the messiah".

You're not even talking about nuclear weapons, they do not pollute the land forever.
You prophecy is fulled with holes, and all you can say.. "well it will happen"
Given enough time, some moron is going to set off a nuke, that falls under 3. Inevitability. The prophecy can predict something that is almost sure to happen, such as the collapse of a city. Since nothing lasts forever, the city is sure to fall someday. If it has not, it can be said that according to prophecy, it will.

That falls under 5:Self-fulfillment. A person can act deliberately to satisfy a known prophecy.

That falls under 5:Self-fulfillment. A person can act deliberately to satisfy a known prophecy.

MENTAL GYMNASTICS
The Old Testament tells you how the Jews would receive their Messiah.

Isaiah 53:3

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with greief: (AND WE HID AS IT WERE OUR FACES FROM HIM he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Nuclear weapons do not pollute the land forever. However nuclear power stations that cannot be properly shut down will. We found that out in Russia. And that is what would occur if America is attacked.

Chernobyl 1st expedition | podniesinski.pl

Old 09-06-2010, 11:31 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Old Testament tells you how the Jews would receive their Messiah.

Isaiah 53:3

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with greief: (AND WE HID AS IT WERE OUR FACES FROM HIM he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Nuclear weapons do not pollute the land forever. However nuclear power stations that cannot be properly shut down will. We found that out in Russia. And that is what would occur if America is attacked.

Chernobyl 1st expedition | podniesinski.pl
From your link... The indirect and long term effects of the incident are still unknown to this day. I guess you must be an expert at nuclear pollution as well, huh?

Old 09-07-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
From your link... The indirect and long term effects of the incident are still unknown to this day. I guess you must be an expert at nuclear pollution as well, huh?
Actually it is believed that the area around Chernobyl will remain unusable for at least 60 to 200 years. It is believed the area around the reactor will remain unusuable for 20,000 years. And all of this after the Russians tried for weeks to cover the reactor with lead. When America is attacked, many of it's 100 reactors will not have anyone trying to stop the pollution.

World's Most Polluted Cities

Old 09-07-2010, 02:58 AM

[quote=rifleman;15714002]Wow! Talk about Selective Beliefs of Convenience! BTW, Tom. How then do the current citizens of Hiroshima and Nagasaki manage to exist there if the use of fusion and fission weapons leaves the ground unlivable forever more? I have walked the streets of both cities, and I don't glow in the dark!

Your highly biased and fantasy belief in prophecy ignores a very important fact, Tom. All of the so-called prophecies that you claim have already occurred did not then lead to the obligatory and highly anticipated end-times results you so fervently hope for. In fact, they've lead to nothing. NOTHING! Your comment on that inescapable fact?

This is like reading Betsey's threads over on the Dark Side, where she adamantly assures us that every passing earthquake, tsunami, lightning strike or political rally is The One that surely tells us The End Is Nigh! Not to mention imminent. Like within the next week or so!

And yet, next morning, next week, month, year or decade, it all heals, is forgotten, blows over or never happens at all. We rebuild all the fallen buildings as we always have, we re-house folks that have been flooded out, we heal the broken and paint the new walls.

Unlike the fear-based scenarios of your "prophetic tragedies". So when IS the Big One, Tom old soak? Just exactly when will we have one of your very ambiguous events, and then right in it's wake, the Golden Ship comes sailing in to our solar system? When?

Answer: tain't gonna happen is what. Sorry. We've been subjected to these onerous predictions for literally tens of decades, the bible-thumper ministers of the past and present all waggling their arrogant fingers at us with stern admonishments that we'd better get our houses in order "or else!"

Or else what, Tom? When? Why is it that every Christian generation is so danged convinced that it will happen within their lifetime, and yet hundreds of millions (probably billions, in fact) of them have believed this, lived in constant self-assurance, and then died, all without the Second Coming.

Wow! What a gyp, huh? I'd complain to God if I had your personal reparteé with Him, Tom!

Rather, I'll suggest that this is all a psychological crutch for those who cannot begin to accept that we simply can't or won't ever know it all, that some things will remain a mystery even though we'll continue to advance, by huge leaps and bounds, our understanding of the world around us. And that death all alone is indeed a part of and indeed an inescapable consequence of life.

Those who tremble at the universe's mysteries will continue to crawl back into their fear-based shadows, but those of us with the courage, curiosity and interest to pursue our curiosity will be suitably rewarded. But those dedicated to remaining in the Dark will do so, and they will surely die in that same darkness, with no guiding soul to save them.

You're exactly like the kid waiting up for Santa, except of course, by your easy standards of "evidence" and "proof", Santa's been well proven for real! After all, on Christmas Day there's all those toys he obviously left behind, and the cookies are gone. And just like you and your God, many of us have talked to Santa many times, sitting comfortably on his lap, whispering what we'd like to have delivered...

Sadly, not so much for Christ or God, huh? He seems uninterested in responding. Ever.

When the Atomic Bomb was dropped on Japan. Their nation did not have 100 nuclear reactors spread across the land. When America is attacked, many of our reactors will not be shut down. As a result, America will be a nation which will see many Chernobyl type melt downs. The results will be the same. Only many times more severe. And as the prophecy states, many of the nations near to us will also be destroyed. If you want a vision of what future America will look like, you only need to consider page 7 on the link below.

World's Most Polluted Cities

I have personally heard from Jesus Christ. Yet because of your unbelief I can understand how you have never heard from Him.

Christians stated hundreds of years ago, that Christ would not return until the Jews first returned to Israel and retook Jerusalem. We are now living in the last days based on the prophecies of the Bible. If you look at only people who have been in error, you will fail to consider those who have been right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality