Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,463,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
You have been presented with evidence of animal salvation and you have not yet once been able to contradict it beyond offering an unfounded opinion. I do not know why you are so bitter about this issue or why you feel the need to express your contempt in such a manner. I am saddened by it because it seems to me that your idea of God is more Jonathan Edwards than John Newton, and that's a sad view of things when the New Testament offers us such hope and consolation in God's boundless grace and love. I earnestly hope that you find joy in your faith.
Maybe he's allergic to dogs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 11:34 PM

743 posts, read 2,234,692 times
Not to put a damper on things.......

Human beings are created in the "image and likeness of God". Animals, even domestic animals, are not.

Human beings have 1) an eternal soul, 2) a will and 3) an intellect

Pets, no matter how loving and wonderful they are, and even if they are God's creation, do not have a soul, a will and an intellect.

I tell my kids that God has a special "place" for those animals we've loved on this earth. But, honestly, I don't think we'll even be giving one single thought about our pets in heaven. Pets are here on this earth and definitly have benefits here, but they are not spiritual eternal beings.

We can't think of heaven on earthly terms. If so, we'd think heaven would be living in mansions w/ swimming pools and maids and eating all the chocolate we want....and never gaining weight

Old 07-11-2007, 12:28 AM

954 posts, read 813,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
Pets, no matter how loving and wonderful they are, and even if they are God's creation, do not have a soul, a will and an intellect.
Are you kidding? Have you ever owned a cat?? I'm also fascinated by ants (yes, weird I know) Now there's intelligence right before your eyes.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:36 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,903,878 times
Quote:

I tell my kids that God has a special "place" for those animals we've loved on this earth. But, honestly, I don't think we'll even be giving one single thought about our pets in heaven. Pets are here on this earth and definitly have benefits here, but they are not spiritual eternal beings.
Have you read the thread? If you have, how can you refute the Bible citations? If not, then you and your children are in for a pleasant surprise!

Old 07-11-2007, 07:02 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
Romans and Ecclesiastes aren't Biblical evidence? Are they in the Bible you profess to believe in? If they're not then I can understand your position. If they are, then I can only imagine you've chosen to willfully ignore them. That is a pity. Ecclesiastes is one of the most beautiful parts of the Bible. Romans, meh, is pretty dull. I don't think much of Paul as an inspirational writer.

I'll disagree with your assessment of Edwards as America's greatest theologian (I reserve that judgment for now but am giving John Sanford a definite in-the-running) but your view certainly explains a great deal about where you're coming from.
Your Biblical citations are Scripture no doubt, but what you have done to them in your faulty interpretation is careless, reckless, and false. I think you need to go back and do a word study on the word "creature" and compare it in context throughout the entire Bible.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:26 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,491 times
Quote:
Not to put a damper on things.......

Human beings are created in the "image and likeness of God". Animals, even domestic animals, are not.

Human beings have 1) an eternal soul, 2) a will and 3) an intellect

We can't think of heaven on earthly terms. If so, we'd think heaven would be living in mansions w/ swimming pools and maids and eating all the chocolate we want....and never gaining weight
My dogs definately have a will and an intellect. Soul, I am not certain. But will and intellect definately. As an avid animal lover I would hope that they will be there but if it is the case that we will not miss them because we will not think of them then I can accept that.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:48 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,488 times
I think we will be very surprised at a lot of things about heaven when we get there. The Bible gives a small amount of information about what heaven will be like and most of that is a physical description. We'll have to wait and see.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:18 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,912,053 times
Talking We'll be just fine in heaven either way!

Revelation 21:3-4

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Old 07-11-2007, 10:25 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
I agree, but I would still like to be reunited with my puppy dogs!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,912,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post

I wouldn't mind having my pets with me in heaven...but I have such peace reading this verse...either way I'll be happy beyond understanding so it won't really matter when we are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality