Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 10:47 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,745,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Let me show you something Walter, and let the bible speak for itself. John 3:16 ...

Again in 1John 4:14 ... In John 12:46 ...
The Christian Bible has absolutely no meaning for me, and is proof of nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 11:36 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,155,814 times
Quote:
I have never stated that the bible is Gods final message to humanity, but I believe it is a message to humanity. Its obvious to me that God cannot be limited, he speaks how and where he does, through whatever vechicle he chooses. I am not interested in playing God and choosing what vechicle people need to understand truth, the bible has satisfied me; its something I can get to, and need to get into more because thats my path; whats your path is for you.
Your answer is appreciated. Thank You

Old 01-16-2012, 01:05 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,602,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The Christian Bible has absolutely no meaning for me, and is proof of nothing.

There is no such thing as a Christian bible, thats all in your mind. I can understand the bible having no meaning for you, it certainly has meaning for me.

Peace on your path.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
There is no such thing as a Christian bible ...
What Christians refer to as the New Testament is the Christian Bible.

It is not part of the Bible, or, if you prefer, the Jewish Bible.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
What Christians refer to as the New Testament is the Christian Bible.

It is not part of the Bible, or, if you prefer, the Jewish Bible.

God is not a Christian, Jesus was not a Christian, none of the writers of the Old or New Testecment books were Christians, so explain to me why you think the bible is a Christian book? The original followers of Christ called themselves " The Way", the Romans came up with the name " Christian." And the followers later just kept the term.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
... so explain to me why you think the bible is a Christian book.
The Bible is not a Christian book. The Christian Bible is a Christian book.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
The Bible is not a Christian book. The Christian Bible is a Christian book.

Well at least you understand what your talking about. One of the arts of conversation is being able to explain yourself.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:45 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,382,547 times
Mickiel, what I think you need to know, is that Jews will only listen to "proofs" when discussing theology. And in order to bring a Jew a proof, you have to do it in a book the Jew recognizes as valid. The Chrstian bible is not valid to a Jew. It was written by men who had serious agendas against the Jews.

If you want to discuss Jesus, then find a passage in the jewish bible (I think you call it the OT) that references Jesus, and then you and Walter have a conversation. But since the "OT" makes no mention of Jesus, you can't use the bible. So sadly, I think you have no proofs to bring to the table. Just a bunch of shtus.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Mickiel, what I think you need to know, is that Jews will only listen to "proofs" when discussing theology. And in order to bring a Jew a proof, you have to do it in a book the Jew recognizes as valid. The Chrstian bible is not valid to a Jew. It was written by men who had serious agendas against the Jews.

If you want to discuss Jesus, then find a passage in the jewish bible (I think you call it the OT) that references Jesus, and then you and Walter have a conversation. But since the "OT" makes no mention of Jesus, you can't use the bible. So sadly, I think you have no proofs to bring to the table. Just a bunch of shtus.

I am not trying to prove anything, I am expressing myself here. I am not against a discussion with Walter or anyone, and the Old Testement does refer to Jesus, just not by name. This thread is not aimed at Jews, its a thread about something Jesus said that intrest me. I have been sidetracked from subject by others who want to discuss Jews. Because thats how they view things. I have no problem with that, and I have freely discussed whatever others bring up.

And I totally disagree that one needs a Jewish bible to discuss Jesus; not me. The bible is sufficent enough for me to discuss Jesus, and I am not limited to just that. I consider Jesus to be a fascinating figure in our history and our destiny.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,382,547 times
Quote:
and the Old Testement does refer to Jesus, just not by name.
Sorry, I just couldn't let that statement slide. Can you please give me one example?

(just a quick fyi, any example you give has been given tens of millions of times by your Chrstian ancestors over the last 1800 years, and has been refuted to be utter nonsense. But hey, why not try it again? Maybe this time you'll find actual proof).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality