Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,674,578 times

Advertisements

Then good proves the devils' existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 02:57 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,522,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Then good proves the devils' existence.
But RedJacket doesn't exist, by his own admission!

My poor head.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:45 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,158,298 times
Since the Japanese people exist does that prove Godzilla exists also? If so I'm moving near some power lines ASAP.

My next question is about chocolate and Willie Wonka. I'll save that one for later as I'm on a diet currently.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:22 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,025,361 times
I"ve always has this cofusion about evil, what is it and where is it? Is killing 1 person less evil than killing 6 million, when does evil start becoming less evil? If evil existed as a force of its own, would not we see it reflected in nature? Is it evil for an animal to hunt down another animal for food? Is it the evil in nature that destroys homes and takes lifes during hurricians, tornados and floods. Where does evil hide in nature.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM

9,496 posts, read 12,962,909 times
Default With time spent under fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
No you are wrong. This board is direct proof of the outright dishonest nature of atheists. Now lets see what kind of wall of text filled with various tangents you come up with now.

I post a video and an opinion about atheism, and then I get character assassinated by droves of atheists. Then If I point out any flaws in what is said, I am not showing the love of Christ...

I feel sorry for all of your children.
"...direct proof of the outright dishonest nature of atheists." Another blatant lie, unprovable in fact or deed. And thus, we can all see once again the true nature of your honesty.

You posted this thread's opening OP, a highly biased and illogical video, but would not then accept any comments or debate without going into a combative hissy-fit. Hmmm. What does that tell us about you I wonder....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I"ve always has this confusion about evil, what is it and where is it? Is killing 1 person less evil than killing 6 million, when does evil start becoming less evil? If evil existed as a force of its own, would not we see it reflected in nature? Is it evil for an animal to hunt down another animal for food? Is it the evil in nature that destroys homes and takes lifes during hurricians, tornados and floods. Where does evil hide in nature.
Answer: nowhere in nature. It hides where you'd least expect it. Down at the local church, or in the deep dark folds of The WatchTower publication for instance. Or in the words of that cult's most loyal but misguided followers.

If you really want the truth, you often have to sit up and honestly listen to it, without pre-formed conclusions. That's very hard to do, for some, but not for me. And... I have the credentials to prove I've already opened my mind.

And remember this irrefutible gem, from the heart and mind of someone far better than either you or me:

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill "

Last edited by rifleman; 01-26-2012 at 04:04 PM..

Old 01-26-2012, 05:53 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,242,896 times
If evil proves the existence of god that certainly explains why more atrocities have been committed in the name of god than for any other reason.

Evil exists but not because of any supreme being. It exists because it's simply a part of human nature.

The human race, as a whole, is greedy. We want more, we want better and we want it now. Sadly, the worst of us rise to the top like cream on fresh milk, only to become our leaders and perpetuate the belief that we are entitled to think this way.

Thankfully, we are not all alike. Some of us have the ability to be good people simply because it's the right thing to do, not because they fear divine retribution.

Are Atheists worse than Christians? Hardly. At least they're grounded in reality.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:23 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,621,833 times
If evil does exist then God created it. Sooo what does that make him?

Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,620,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
If evil does exist then God created it. Sooo what does that make him?
Evil isn't a tangible object of creation.
It is simply the lack of God in any given situation, since God is pure Holiness. Kind of like darkness is the lack of any light.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,621,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Evil isn't a tangible object of creation.
It is simply the lack of God in any given situation, since God is pure Holiness. Kind of like darkness is the lack of any light.

Read your bible God said that he created evil. Your reaching again like you did in your last post. You don't need religion to have morals nor do you need the threat of hell to be good either. It's a choice you make a choice to do good OR bad. It's simple.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,620,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Read your bible God said that he created evil. Your reaching again like you did in your last post.
I do read my Bible. You should learn proper context and word usage of that time before throwing out condescending remarks like you did . You are referring to the passage Isaiah 45:6-7
  • "That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
  • I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Some people read verses such as this and claim that it means God creates sin. But their problem is in their knowledge and understanding of the word evil. They erroneously surmise that evil always means sin, but that is not the case.

The word translated evil in scripture does not "necessarily" mean evil in the same sense that we understand evil in our day. We use the word evil today as a synonym for sin or wickedness, but that is not the case in scripture. The word translated evil is the Hebrew word [ra'], meaning something that is "not good."

It is from a root word meaning to be spoiled, and by implication something that is not good. i.e., bad. It does not mean evil in the sense that we might think of the word today, but more correctly understood as bad or anything that is "not good" to us. For example, if a child receives a spanking, or we go through some adversity or anything which we deem not good for us, it is [ra'] or evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality