Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cledussnow View Post
When Joseph adopted Jesus as his legal son, Jesus became both David's direct descendent through David's son Nathan (Mary's side), and David's legal royal heir through Solomon (Joseph's side).

This is correct; basically he can be linked to David through " Both" Mary and Joseph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 PM

496 posts, read 483,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I personally don't agree with the Christian perspective on certain things , and certainly don't trust it. And I certainly disagree that Mary was on the same level as Christ. I do not view her as a Queen or Sovereign. I view her as an incubator and a good woman.
Your OP remarks that God made this women his Mother, am I mis-understanding your outlined position?

God by becoming the Son of this women established her rank far above that of all known with the exception of god himself. All that is not god, is inferior , in keeping with your initial suggestion. The union your suggesting belongs to the "order of God" as it intrinsically belongs to it and has a necessary conjunction with it.

After the order of God himself, there would be none more intimate than the Mother of God with her Son. An existence could not become more closely united to God, without becoming God himself.

In order to be in union with this , and consider the Virgin Birth in trueness, the reality must also consider:

God could have made a greater world, a greater heaven, but he cannot exalt a creature more, than by making her his Mother.

Therefore I find the over all momentum of your above entry tone-thought content, together with thread initiative illogical at this time. ( respectfully with a polite manner

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, thats always a possibility in communication.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-10-2012 at 02:45 PM..

Old 04-10-2012, 02:34 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Interestingly, Jesus body was not formed by any humam male cromozones, blood, cells or anything that is included within the male sperm.

Do you know what this implys?

What God put inside of Mary was literally " From another planet!" A whole different dimension of reality than human.

Think about that.
I didn't think they had DNA testing 2000 years ago?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:36 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cledussnow View Post
When Joseph adopted Jesus as his legal son, Jesus became both David's direct descendent through David's son Nathan (Mary's side), and David's legal royal heir through Solomon (Joseph's side).
Nope. Titles can't be passed on by adoption ...just like the priestly line of Jews can't be passed on to an adopted son. The son must be the same blood as the father. If the son is adopted, he is out of the running.

Quote:
Nathan was Solomons brother, David was his father- Mary was directly from this family - Jesus was destined to live and mature in Marys womb. Its academic, your cynicism cannot alter history.
You can spin your apologetics until you are blue in the face but it will not alter the fact that the Messiah must come from the blood line of David via David's son SOLOMON not through NATHAN. Mary is discounted because she does not come through DAVID-SOLOMON...she come via DAVID-NATHAN. Joseph is discounted because he is not the biological father of your man-god. Titles cannot be passed by the mother nor to an adopted son. Your man-god is not the Jewish Messiah and he is not accepted by the Jews as their Messiah for the reasons I have given you.

Quote:
This is correct; basically he can be linked to David through " Both" Mary and Joseph.
No he cannot because Joseph is not his biological father and Mary is not of the blood-line of SOLOMON. She comes through the blood-line of of the line of NATHAN. What part of 'BLOOD-LINE' do you not understand??

Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
What cracks me up is Christians thinking they know what happened thousands of years ago.

No one was there who is still alive - all we have are various texts written by various men over the ages...Chinese Whispers anyone?

ANYONE who claims KNOWLEDGE is deluded. You only have an OPINION, which is no more or less valid than what someone else believes.

No one possesses absolute knowlege in this area. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 04-12-2012 at 11:54 AM..

Old 04-10-2012, 06:56 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
According to Matthew 1:20, concerning Jesus physical conception; " For that which has been conceived in her ( Mary's womb), is of the Holy Spirit." This means that Jesus physical body was not the result of male spamodazoa being fertilized by Marys womb, it was the result of what God placed inside of her and used her womb to carry him for 9 months. And that is significant and implys many , many things that people don't readily consider.

One, he is the ONLY human ever conceived as such! So he was human, but he was also " More than human!" He was the firstborn human conceived by the Holy Spirit of God! And that has some serious implications that go along with it. No human male genes were imparted into him by male spamodazoa, yet he was born male.

And the reasons for that are very interesting!
I beg to differ...the holy spirit resided in Mary as well as Joesph...I believe that a a conception by the perfect woman by the perfect man...deep in perfect love- generates the perfect child.

You clearly cherry pick your way through the book of Matthew...It clearly shows in the first page..who Jesus was - genetically speaking.....Joe was his father...and what is so horrible about that?....why do some Christians need myth and magic and smoke and mirrors to believe in the divinity of Jesus?

Why does the book of Matthew even have the ancestors of Joesph and Mary to begin with..what is the purpose of this being documented? The chart of lineage clearly ends with after fourteen generations there was Mary and Joe...and lastly Jesus...

The idea of the no sperm conception and the term virgin are Roman or romantic insertions into scripture...to dazzle and impress the foolish and assist in gathering more followers to increase the power of Rome..through religion...

Maybe you should study the life of Christ and what he taught instead of putting all your attention on the start of the life and the end of his life...It is the middle that is important.

You should believe in him not because of some strange and odd freak of nature...or weird thing that tickles the imagination...not saying that these things are impossible...but they are not needed.... If you were alive during the life of Jesus...and a follower...You would not be talking to him about such things as virgin birth or even the rising from the dead...you would be listening and learning......It is the dull of mind and the non-thinking human beings that need - this weirdness..

JESUS IS AND WAS DIVINE..AND GOD LIVED WITHIN HIS FLESH....and it does not matter how he got here or how he left.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:03 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Moderator cut: edit WHY do some Christians not like the idea of the humanity of Christ but only the divine..he was both...and I am taking my chances here again -----no one would know if Joe and Mary were having pre-marital sex...I believe that Joe was embarrassed that he could not resist the divine and beautiful Mary...and why is there nothing and no mention of Joesph all the way through the N T ? They mention Mary but not her husband...and no one ever tells you were he went...if he died...ran off - I don't get that part...

Last edited by june 7th; 04-12-2012 at 11:56 AM..

Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
I disagree; the simplicity of authorship has been over theorized mostly by those who seek to discredit the bible in any manner they could. The authors of the biblical accounts is so simple, its primary level;

Matthew wrote Matthew
Mark wrote Mark
Luke wrote Luke and Acts
John wrote John, 1-3rd John and Revelations
Paul wrote Romans, 1-2nd Corinthians, Galations, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1-2nd Thessalonians, 1-2nd Timothy, and Titus

Only the book of Hebrews has an unknown Author, but some view the style as that of Pauls.

James wrote James
Peter wrote 1-2nd Peter
Jude wrote Jude.

Its just as simple as that.
While they were written at a time within a generation of the time of christ they most likely were not written by people who even knew the original apostles. The fact is the dates of the gospels are well accepted in the community of scholars, many of which are christians. And given the dates of the writings it's not conceivable that the apostles would have been alive given then lifespans of the time. Furthermore why would an apostle use multiple sources to talk about events HE witnessed himself? And add a birth narrative that 2 of the gospels left out, does not match the other narrative of birth,and gets historical details wrong.

And hebrews has been pretty much smashed even by daniel b wallace as being written by paul and same goes with his views of peter not writing both peters.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:17 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
It was in no manner slim, it was indeed customary and common.
Customary probably not, and far from common. Also how did a royal dynasty somehow become plebs? The priesthood maintained it's status yet the last of the line of king hood just what went back to farming sheep?

Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
Quote:
Interestingly, Jesus body was not formed by any humam male cromozones, blood, cells or anything that is included within the male sperm.

Do you know what this implys?

What God put inside of Mary was literally " From another planet!" A whole different dimension of reality than human.

Think about that.
Yes, it was snips and snails and puppy dog tails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality