Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,593,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Why would you assume that most people read this differently? Do you have some higher insight? Had you never noticed these bible quotations before?

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 10:47 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
What do you think?
You don't really want to know what I think.

However, I think most people serious about their Bible-based religion have already read about the immaculate conception and virgin birth, gaining a basic understanding of what it means.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You don't really want to know what I think.

However, I think most people serious about their Bible-based religion have already read about the immaculate conception and virgin birth, gaining a basic understanding of what it means.

I am serious about my belief, and the virgin birth was just another in the long line of the proofs of God that I am seeing.

The world can only deny so many proofs, but the future unfolding will provide pain staking proofs which I wish God wouldnot unleash. But I think he's going to let the dogs out, the likes of which this world has never seen.

But I have seen end of story, we will survive and come out of it destined to be in the same consciousness as Christ. I have an announcement to make; we all will survive!

Old 04-21-2012, 12:55 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:

But I have seen end of story, we will survive and come out of it destined to be in the same consciousness as Christ. I have an announcement to make; we all will survive!
Oiy vez! Now he's a prophet!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

No, I am nowhere near that vain and distorted about me. I simply can read! Its there for you to read as well.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:

I would like to be a Prophet, but I already know they are no longer needed. Once Jesus hit the world scene, all things became a done deal.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:

Good news, I just gave my first prophecy; no life will ever be created in a lab.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:27 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,790,019 times
Quote:
Good news, I just gave my first prophecy; no life will ever be created in a lab.
Are you holding yourself to the Biblical standards of a prophet? Should you be put to death if life is created in a lab? That is what the Bible prescribes for false prophets...

Maybe being a prophet isn't all it is cracked up to be.

-NoCapo

Old 04-21-2012, 06:38 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Are you holding yourself to the Biblical standards of a prophet? Should you be put to death if life is created in a lab? That is what the Bible prescribes for false prophets...

Maybe being a prophet isn't all it is cracked up to be.

-NoCapo
The only danger is in the redefinition of life and its creation that is likely to be employed in any such claims. They already have people attempting to attribute "lifelike" actions to inorganic materials as a precursor to "creating" life from inert material. Of course the only artificial life created so far was a cheat in that it used existing life components and just modified the DNA. But any future claims of "creating" life in a laboratory is very likely to be via a similar route. About this issue there is no such thing as scientific objectivity or integrity. Mimickry is not creation, period . . . i.e., "make your own dirt."

Old 04-21-2012, 06:55 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,790,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The only danger is in the redefinition of life and its creation that is likely to be employed in any such claims. They already have people attempting to attribute "lifelike" actions to inorganic materials as a precursor to "creating" life from inert material. Of course the only artificial life created so far was a cheat in that it used existing life components and just modified the DNA. But any future claims of "creating" life in a laboratory is very likely to be via a similar route. About this issue there is no such thing as scientific objectivity or integrity. Mimickry is not creation, period . . . i.e., "make your own dirt."
Sure, but we have no objective reason to conclude it is categorically impossible, we just have not yet done it. I agree that stuffing artificial DNA into an existing cell structure is not creating life, it is just an experiment that tells us something about the way cells are put together. Same with the lab creation of RNA. It isn't life but it points us in directions that may lead to the creation of life. The only way to know is to try.
I honestly have no idea if the artificial creation of a living organism is possible, or if it is that it will be done within my lifetime. I just know that aside from theological positions there doesn't appear to be any reason why it is impossible, just difficult.

-NoCapo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality