Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 07:11 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Are you holding yourself to the Biblical standards of a prophet? Should you be put to death if life is created in a lab? That is what the Bible prescribes for false prophets...

Maybe being a prophet isn't all it is cracked up to be.

-NoCapo

I am not prophet material, because I do not know God personally. I mean I may joke about it, but prophets had the advantage of knowing God personally.

I already know lab life will never happen, for the same reason I know that life came from God;

The bible keyed me in on such truths. Thats why I'll hold the bible up against any scientific superiority claims over it. The bible trumps science in knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The only danger is in the redefinition of life and its creation that is likely to be employed in any such claims. They already have people attempting to attribute "lifelike" actions to inorganic materials as a precursor to "creating" life from inert material. Of course the only artificial life created so far was a cheat in that it used existing life components and just modified the DNA. But any future claims of "creating" life in a laboratory is very likely to be via a similar route. About this issue there is no such thing as scientific objectivity or integrity. Mimickry is not creation, period . . . i.e., "make your own dirt."

Agreed.

One underlying reason for the scientific effort to create life, is to take the place of God. Some scientist are just curious about it, are honestly researching and hold no desire to create the frankenstien monster; some scientist are the monster themselves because they are obsesed and driven to solidify their craft as the superior to their arch rival the church, its the continuing battle to assert themselves as the divine.

No longer searching for the divine, their orginal roots, they have morphed into themselves as the divine path and covet that position in the hearts of men.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:24 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Good news, I just gave my first prophecy; no life will ever be created in a lab.
Quote:
I already know lab life will never happen,.....
Sorry pal but you're a bit late. Try Dr Craig Venter. This means that as a false prophet you must die, as decreed in your holy book.

Folks, I suggest we get a coach together for the trip to Michigan. Please be advised that, should you choose to bring your own rocks, your sack must not weigh more than 20kg due to problems with overloading the coach. Also, anyone that mentions 'Jehovah' will also be stoned.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:31 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
lots of greek gods impregnated mortal women their offsprings were called heroes.
jesus was far more like a budda than a greek hero.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Sorry pal but you're a bit late. Try Dr Craig Venter. This means that as a false prophet you must die, as decreed in your holy book.

Folks, I suggest we get a coach together for the trip to Michigan. Please be advised that, should you choose to bring your own rocks, your sack must not weigh more than 20kg due to problems with overloading the coach. Also, anyone that mentions 'Jehovah' will also be stoned.

I am no prophet, but I am amused at your attempt to elevate me. Which is another manner in which Jesus was different, he was a humble man who wouldnot elevate himself above God.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I am no prophet,...
but....but....in post #137 you claimed that you had made a prophecy. That makes you a prophet. Also, the prophecy you made has been proven wrong...by Dr Craig Venter. Sorry pal but in accordance with your holy scriptures, you must be put to death!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
but....but....in post #137 you claimed that you had made a prophecy. That makes you a prophet. Also, the prophecy you made has been proven wrong...by Dr Craig Venter. Sorry pal but in accordance with your holy scriptures, you must be put to death!

I'll have greek lamb roasted for my last meal please.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:47 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Venter did no such thing. He simply created an artificial DNA and inserted it into a cell. Until he makes "his own dirt" he has not created life in a lab.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Venter did no such thing. He simply created an artificial DNA and inserted it into a cell. Until he makes "his own dirt" he has not created life in a lab.

I don't think he understands what it means to create. God has been generous enough to provide the material that scientist cannot create on their own.

But they are good at taking the credit for the things God has created.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 PM

Jesus had a virgin birth , and by all indications lived a virgin life ( although he didnot have to). I think he knew if he took a wife and had children that they would be slaughtered as he was. He understood that he was destined to be different than any man before him, which is why I believe he didnot leave his physical body on earth. People would have worshipped his bones, as some are doing this so called Shroud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality