Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 01:15 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
You simply don't know what your talking about. I refuse to give Atheist a bible study, because they would only trampoline it.

Hey but I'll give you something light to stomp on;

In the book of Joshua Jesus is the : Captian of the Lord"
In Ruth he is the Kinsman and Redeemer
In Nehemiah he is the bread from heaven
In Ecclesiastes he is the one man in a thousand
The Song of Solomon is about Christ
Obadiah tells us of him as the deliverer
Haggi calls Jesus the desire of all nations
Malachi calls him the Sun of Righteousness

Your trying to dominate areas that are not yours to dictate.
It's clearly YOU that doesn't know what he's talking about. Your Jesus is NOT mentioned in the OT. Who IS mentioned is the coming Jewish 'Messiah'. Your Jesus is NOT the Jewish Messiah because he did not fulfil any of the prophecies for the Jewish Messiah so therefore, he is not mentioned in the OT. As I said, if you claim he is then show me where the name 'Jesus' occurs in the OT or even Yeshua. If you can't do that then we must conclude that Jesus is not mentioned in the OT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 01:51 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,593,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's clearly YOU that doesn't know what he's talking about. Your Jesus is NOT mentioned in the OT. Who IS mentioned is the coming Jewish 'Messiah'. Your Jesus is NOT the Jewish Messiah because he did not fulfil any of the prophecies for the Jewish Messiah so therefore, he is not mentioned in the OT. As I said, if you claim he is then show me where the name 'Jesus' occurs in the OT or even Yeshua. If you can't do that then we must conclude that Jesus is not mentioned in the OT.

I cannot show you what your eyes are not conditioned to see; anyhow I have already shown enough for those who can see.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:54 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
Quote:
I cannot show you what your eyes are not conditioned to see; anyhow I have already shown enough for those who can see.
What you have shown is that you've learned more about the bible from what people have told you is in it, rather than having actually read it yourself.

The bible that actually exists is different then what you believe.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I cannot show you what your eyes are not conditioned to see;....
Agreed, I cannot see what I am not indoctrinated to see.

Quote:
...anyhow I have already shown enough for those who can see.
You haven't shown anything, other that that you know very little about what you proclaim as 'truth'. The things you gave refer to the awaited Jewish Messiah, NOT your Jesus man-god. I have challenged you to show me where the name Jesus or Yeshua is mentioned in the OT. You can't do it. If it was there you'd jump on it like a starving dog finding a bone so we must say - Q.E.D! Jesus is NOT mentioned in the OT.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Agreed, I cannot see what I am not indoctrinated to see.

You haven't shown anything, other that that you know very little about what you proclaim as 'truth'. The things you gave refer to the awaited Jewish Messiah, NOT your Jesus man-god. I have challenged you to show me where the name Jesus or Yeshua is mentioned in the OT. You can't do it. If it was there you'd jump on it like a starving dog finding a bone so we must say - Q.E.D! Jesus is NOT mentioned in the OT.

Your biblical understanding is what is lacking, not mine. The whole bible is based on Jesus arrival on earth; his mission, and the foretelling of his mission.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM

33,551 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Your biblical understanding is what is lacking, not mine. The whole bible is based on Jesus arrival on earth; his mission, and the foretelling of his mission.
You do know, don't you the the old testament is actually the Jewish Torah, and there is nothing in there about Jesus, and it is certainly not based on Jesus...

Old 04-28-2012, 07:10 PM

There are so many old testement prophecys concerning Jesus, I simply can't count them; yet one needs discernment in reading them; such as 2 Sam. 7:16, Isaiah 7:14, 49:6, Micah 5:1-2, Gen. 49:10 and Duet. 18: 15-18, just to name a few.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
No, the OT is not about Jesus, it is about the coming Jewish Messiah. Your Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah.

Quote:
There are so many old testement prophecys concerning Jesus, I simply can't count them; ....
Wrong, there are no OT prophecies concerning any Jesus. All the OT prophecies are about the coming Messiah and that was not Jesus. I might be persuaded by your argument if you could show me where your Jesus, when he was alleged to have been here, built the third temple, how he caused an end to all wars, how he managed to gather every single Jew on the planet back to Israel, how he caused every Jew on the planet to observe the Mitzvot laws and how he caused every person on the planet to worship the one single god, but unless you can show me that Jesus did those things things then clearly, the Jesus character is not the Messiah....because that is what the prophecies say the Messiah will do when he comes.

So, for the third time of asking, show me where the name Jesus or Yeshua is mentioned in the OT or be man enough to admit that it is not there.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
No, the OT is not about Jesus, it is about the coming Jewish Messiah. Your Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah.

Wrong, there are no OT prophecies concerning any Jesus. All the OT prophecies are about the coming Messiah and that was not Jesus. I might be persuaded by your argument if you could show me where your Jesus, when he was alleged to have been here, built the third temple, how he caused an end to all wars, how he managed to gather every single Jew on the planet back to Israel, how he caused every Jew on the planet to observe the Mitzvot laws and how he caused every person on the planet to worship the one single god, but unless you can show me that Jesus did those things things then clearly, the Jesus character is not the Messiah....because that is what the prophecies say the Messiah will do when he comes.

So, for the third time of asking, show me where the name Jesus or Yeshua is mentioned in the OT or be man enough to admit that it is not there.

I hold no intrest in persuading you of anything.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:39 AM

In Luke 21:33 Jesus makes a stunning prophecy that no one can deny has been true; " Heaven and earth will pass away ( the physical heaven and earth) , but my words will not pass away. To this day this prophecy stands determingly true, his words have not passed away or died.

They live on. This is another incredible induring difference about Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality