Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 AM

166 posts, read 140,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
The whole story of the bible, taken together, doesn't make much sense.

1. Adam and Eve ate a forbidden piece of fruit.

2. In response, God punished EVERY HUMAN after that with ETERNAL DAMNATION.
(Seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me, but what do I know.)

3. To save humans from God's punishment, God had to sacrifice his son.
(What? Why didn't he just decide not to send us to hell, and leave his son alone?)

4. Now, if one happens to believe that Jesus died to protect us from God, then God will not send us to eternal damnation. But if one finds the evidence unconvincing, we burn.

5. Eventually though, God will get fed-up with the whole project and destroy earth.

Jesus doesn't save you from the devil, he saves you from God. God is the one that created hell, and will send people there, not the devil.

From an objective view point, God is the "bad guy" in the bible.

None of it makes sense.
Two main principals of the bible. Faith and commandment keeping. that simple.! God will send some to Hell, however he is more a loving, merciful God . Also, Jesus and GOD are the same as they became one being.

Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
But odd, you never hear the name YESHUA (Jesus) in the old testament.

Jesus was a disciple of John the Baptist, and after John died he and some of the other disciples joined together for a few short years. Jesus wasn't as well known as John until after Paul got through writing about him.
Moses spoke of the messiah which is our Jesus, Yeshua, etc. we were
told of his coming.
Jesus existed before Moses or Noah.

Although he did not exist yet in human flesh form.

Regarding his fleshly form, it would go Noah, Moses, then Jesus Christ in the flesh.

If you are talking about from the beginning, it would go Jesus, Noah, Moses.

Sarah

Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,593,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah888 View Post
They are all one person (God and JESUS). We all love people who do not love us the same way back its called humility, we were and are quite aware of his guidance and
yes we believe we shall see eternal life or final damnation someday.

Sarah

I don't believe that. There is no such thing as human final damnation, and God and Jesus are two distinct beings.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I don't believe that. There is no such thing as human final damnation, and God and Jesus are two distinct beings.

Then I suggest you read the book of John where we are told and shown they are One. Father, Son and Holy Spirit

.Jesus answered:

John14:9 "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 5:20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true--even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 14:6-7 - Jesus said to him, “I AM the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

John 14:9-11 - Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!

Acts 4:12 - “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Sarah

Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Then I suggest you read the book of John where we are told and shown they are One. Father, Son and Holy Spirit

.Jesus answered:

John14:9 "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 5:20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true--even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 14:6-7 - Jesus said to him, “I AM the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

John 14:9-11 - Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!

Acts 4:12 - “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Sarah

I consider your interpitation of all those scriptures as a serious misunderstanding of what being one with God means. It simply means that you agree with him, are on the same lines as him, are in unity with his ways and being; it does not mean you are him! There is only one God and Father of all. In Isaiah 45:22 God himself stated that he alone is God and there is no other God, and Jesus was sitting next to him when he said that. In verse 21 he said there is no other God " Besides him", and Jesus was beside him at his right hand. I listen to what God has said, not what certain Christians are saying.

Jesus was indeed different and I cannot say how he can be described as to his current status; is he a God? Is he the Son of a God and does that make him a God? Did God make him another God? Well if we listen to God himself, then only he is God. And exactly what Jesus is, I am not really sure at this time.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I consider your interpitation of all those scriptures as a serious misunderstanding of what being one with God means. It simply means that you agree with him, are on the same lines as him, are in unity with his ways and being; it does not mean you are him! There is only one God and Father of all. In Isaiah 45:22 God himself stated that he alone is God and there is no other God, and Jesus was sitting next to him when he said that. In verse 21 he said there is no other God " Besides him", and Jesus was beside him at his right hand. I listen to what God has said, not what certain Christians are saying.

Jesus was indeed different and I cannot say how he can be described as to his current status; is he a God? Is he the Son of a God and does that make him a God? Did God make him another God? Well if we listen to God himself, then only he is God. And exactly what Jesus is, I am not really sure at this time.
God is a trinity of persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the same person as the Son; the Son is not the same person as the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the same person as Father. They are not three gods and not three beings. They are three distinct persons; yet, they are all the one God.

This is how most if not all Christians interpret Jesus

Sarah

Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Well if you believe in God you have to believe in the devil, hell, etc.
You cant have one without the other. If you understood and knew
the bible and how most christians interpret heaven and hell you would
understand or comprehend it much better. I dont see how you cannot
see the consequences of sinners in the whole NT of Christ. Its plain and simple to understand no need for interpretation.

Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

This verse is plain,simple no need for interpretation, its quite clear what the Lord is stating.

Sarah

Old 04-30-2012, 11:28 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
Quote:
Two main principals of the bible. Faith and commandment keeping. that simple.! God will send some to Hell, however he is more a loving, merciful God . Also, Jesus and GOD are the same as they became one being.

Sarah
If Jesus and God are the same being, that would mean God sent himself to die on a cross, so that he himself would not condemn all mankind to eternal damnation -and at some point, he asked himself why he had foresaken himself?

The story still isn't making much sense.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Well if you believe in God you have to believe in the devil, hell, etc.
You cant have one without the other. If you understood and knew
the bible and how most christians interpret heaven and hell you would
understand or comprehend it much better. I dont see how you cannot
see the consequences of sinners in the whole NT of Christ. Its plain and simple to understand no need for interpretation.

Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

This verse is plain,simple no need for interpretation, its quite clear what the Lord is stating.

Sarah

The hell here means the grave, and thats all it means. I am not Christian, and your interpitation of scriptures is one reason why I would never be Christian; I would never take part in any religion that teachs humans are condemned to some eternal pain amphlifier, and limit the Atonement of God.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
God is a trinity of persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the same person as the Son; the Son is not the same person as the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the same person as Father. They are not three gods and not three beings. They are three distinct persons; yet, they are all the one God.

This is how most if not all Christians interpret Jesus

Sarah

The Great God said there is only one God, certain Christians are saying there are three Gods; in my view God has it right and Christianity has it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality