Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Jesus wasn't actually all that popular while he was alive... or even well known.

He was a pretty small-time player next to John the Baptist.

If it wasn't for Paul and his friends, he wouldn't be considered relevent.

But Paul certainly was a fine publicist, if nothing else.

Paul made the myth of Jesus go viral.

Jesus was popular before he even came to earth, know your old testement history.

Paul and his friends were admitted followers of Jesus, students of Jesus, believers in Jesus.

John the Baptist felt he was not even worthy to Baptise Jesus.

Your perspective is seriously lacking true biblical understanding. Know your bible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 02:56 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Jesus was popular before he even came to earth, know your old testement history.

Paul and his friends were admitted followers of Jesus, students of Jesus, believers in Jesus.

John the Baptist felt he was not even worthy to Baptise Jesus.

Your perspective is seriously lacking true biblical understanding. Know your bible!

Jesus was not popular before he came to earth, or even while he was on earth. He didn't become popular until Paul started claiming to have heard his voice on the road to Damascus.

Now of course you assume every word Paul wrote for the bible is true, based largely upon verses that Paul wrote saying every word he wrote in bible is true. (You probably can't see the obvious problem in this is due to your lack of objective perspective.)

But hey, the evidence shows Jesus wasn't all that well known during his life. John the Baptist had a far larger following - which at one point included Jesus himself.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Jesus was not popular before he came to earth, or even while he was on earth. He didn't become popular until Paul started claiming to have heard his voice on the road to Damascus.

Now of course you assume every word Paul wrote for the bible is true, based largely upon verses that Paul wrote saying every word he wrote in bible is true. (You probably can't see the obvious problem in this is due to your lack of objective perspective.)

But hey, the evidence shows Jesus wasn't all that well known during his life. John the Baptist had a far larger following - which at one point included Jesus himself.

I am just going to understand that you simply don't know what your talking about. An Atheist trying to give impression to a Theist that he knows the bible better;

Go figure the gall of that one out.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I am just going to understand that you simply don't know what your talking about. An Atheist trying to give impression to a Theist that he knows the bible better;

Go figure the gall of that one out.

I'm sure it's easier for you that way.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:27 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Jesus was popular before he even came to earth, know your old testement history. Know your bible!
Quote:
I am just going to understand that you simply don't know what your talking about. An Atheist trying to give impression to a Theist that he knows the bible better;.....
Clearly we do because we know that 'Jesus' is not mentioned in the Old Testament. You seem to think he is. Can you show me where Jesus is mentioned in the OT? I think it's you that needs to 'know your OT history'.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:13 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Jesus (if he existed) may have been different in more obvious ways. Buck teeth, very prominent ears, a strikingly receding chin, tiny feet/hands or acne from hell (excuse the pun).

Even back in the day (the founding of christianity) a cross-eyed messiah would have been a hard sell.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Clearly we do because we know that 'Jesus' is not mentioned in the Old Testament. You seem to think he is. Can you show me where Jesus is mentioned in the OT? I think it's you that needs to 'know your OT history'.

You simply don't know what your talking about. I refuse to give Atheist a bible study, because they would only trampoline it.

Hey but I'll give you something light to stomp on;

In the book of Joshua Jesus is the : Captian of the Lord"
In Ruth he is the Kinsman and Redeemer
In Nehemiah he is the bread from heaven
In Ecclesiastes he is the one man in a thousand
The Song of Solomon is about Christ
Obadiah tells us of him as the deliverer
Haggi calls Jesus the desire of all nations
Malachi calls him the Sun of Righteousness

Your trying to dominate areas that are not yours to dictate.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 AM

In John 12:8, Jesus says something I think is of intrest;" The poor you will always have with you, but you do not always have me." Literally announcing that he will leave earth and we must live without him. I have often stated that in this world, we are living without God, and without Jesus. Of course hardcore believers will never accept this, they will place Jesus on earth in any manner that they can conceive.

Yet in my view, God and Jesus are working from a distance.

And that has serious ramifications to it.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
You simply don't know what your talking about. I refuse to give Atheist a bible study, because they would only trampoline it.

Hey but I'll give you something light to stomp on;

In the book of Joshua Jesus is the : Captian of the Lord"
In Ruth he is the Kinsman and Redeemer
In Nehemiah he is the bread from heaven
In Ecclesiastes he is the one man in a thousand
The Song of Solomon is about Christ
Obadiah tells us of him as the deliverer
Haggi calls Jesus the desire of all nations
Malachi calls him the Sun of Righteousness

Your trying to dominate areas that are not yours to dictate.
But odd, you never hear the name YESHUA (Jesus) in the old testament.

Jesus was a disciple of John the Baptist, and after John died he and some of the other disciples joined together for a few short years. Jesus wasn't as well known as John until after Paul got through writing about him.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
But odd, you never hear the name YESHUA (Jesus) in the old testament.

Jesus was a disciple of John the Baptist, and after John died he and some of the other disciples joined together for a few short years. Jesus wasn't as well known as John until after Paul got through writing about him.

You don't know what your talking about, Jesus was never a diciple of anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality