Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times

Advertisements

Gods manipulation of history and humans is obvious. Gods power is simply awesome , there literally is nothing that he cannot do. Changing Jesus from a Spirit being into a spem cell and placing him in a human womb: guiding human history without humans even aware of him doing it; Loving humans who couldcareless about him or believe he exist; being alive forever and willing to share his eternity;

Being a God who cannot loose or be defeated; having supreme authority;

And then trusting Jesus to personally handle all this for him. God must really Love Jesus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 AM

Jesus gave salvation those who do not even want it.

That makes this being far different than religion even knows.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah888 View Post
Jesus' conception did not involve Joseph or any other human. the Gospel of Matthew, the Gospel of Luke, tells us this. Matthew 1:25: "But he [Joseph] had no [sexual] union with her until she gave birth to a son..." (NIV)

Also, all of your mainstream protestants profess this. Its the non-denominational sects that do NOT profess the whole word of God and or the bible.

Sarah
With the greatest respect, the Gospels are demonstrably fallacious. The claims they make are without foundation, merit or credibility. That is why I do not subscribe to any sect, denomination or faith that holds to the claims made in those gospels as indisputable fact.

To take Capt. Dan's point, I would fight to the death for your right to believe whatever you want and to say so publicly, too, just I will fight to the death (preferably somebody else's ) for my right to say publicly, that it it makes no sense to me, and to say exactly why it makes no sense and to suggest that it shouldn't make sense to anyone else with their head correctly connected.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
With the greatest respect, the Gospels are demonstrably fallacious. The claims they make are without foundation, merit or credibility. That is why I do not subscribe to any sect, denomination or faith that holds to the claims made in those gospels as indisputable fact.

To take Capt. Dan's point, I would fight to the death for your right to believe whatever you want and to say so publicly, too, just I will fight to the death (preferably somebody else's ) for my right to say publicly, that it it makes no sense to me, and to say exactly why it makes no sense and to suggest that it shouldn't make sense to anyone else with their head correctly connected.

Let me see your proof that the gospels are without credibility, merit or foundation.

Its easy to blow that horn, lets see if its just as easy to prove you have a real horn.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Gods manipulation of history and humans is obvious. Gods power is simply awesome , there literally is nothing that he cannot do. Changing Jesus from a Spirit being into a spem cell and placing him in a human womb: guiding human history without humans even aware of him doing it; Loving humans who couldcareless about him or believe he exist; being alive forever and willing to share his eternity;

Being a God who cannot loose or be defeated; having supreme authority;

And then trusting Jesus to personally handle all this for him. God must really Love Jesus!

Spirit comes from the latin word Spiritus which is latin for breath or air.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:34 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah888 View Post
The basis for the belief in the Immaculate Conception of Mary can be found in the Biblical revelation of holiness and the opposite of that state, sinfulness.
All you have to do now then is show objective, verifiable evidence that the source you are quoting i.e. the Bible, is true.

P.S. It would be nice if you were able to discuss something in your own words that have been formulated from your own thoughts instead of copying and pasting reams of Bible apologetics.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:38 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Let me see your proof that the gospels are without credibility, merit or foundation.

For goodness sake pal! If I had 1 euro for every time someone has shown that the Gospels are not credible I'd be very happy. The fact that you don't accept the objective, verifiable evidence that has been presented matters not one wit.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
For goodness sake pal! If I had 1 euro for every time someone has shown that the Gospels are not credible I'd be very happy. The fact that you don't accept the objective, verifiable evidence that has been presented matters not one wit.

Well I don't doubt that you have seen it, I was just simply requesting that it be shown to me.

So lets have it.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:48 AM

166 posts, read 140,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

Most christians believe and defend the gospels and or Gods words, which the bible as it is God breathed. It is your right not to believe, its just sad.
The bible, prophets, etc etc in the bible have much credibility and these people in history are fact.
We have witnesses and testimonies for the last 2000 years. History, biblical history, etc. its all there if one has eyes to see,along with an open heart. I respect your view point,however I dont agree with it.

Sarah

Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
According to Matthew 1:20, concerning Jesus physical conception; " For that which has been conceived in her ( Mary's womb), is of the Holy Spirit." This means that Jesus physical body was not the result of male spamodazoa being fertilized by Marys womb, it was the result of what God placed inside of her and used her womb to carry him for 9 months. And that is significant and implys many , many things that people don't readily consider.

One, he is the ONLY human ever conceived as such! So he was human, but he was also " More than human!" He was the firstborn human conceived by the Holy Spirit of God! And that has some serious implications that go along with it. No human male genes were imparted into him by male spamodazoa, yet he was born male.

And the reasons for that are very interesting!
Why would you assume that most people read this differently? Do you have some higher insight? Had you never noticed these bible quotations before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality