Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 09:19 PM

650 posts, read 514,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

Allow me to use my Universal Galactic Translator on the above comment. Ah yes, here comes the translation now.

"I am insecure in my own masculinity and seeing gay men together is like a punch to the stomach because it makes me wonder just how manly I am. If it can happen to them, could it happen to me? Therefore, in order to avoid feeling emasculated, it is best to ban gay marriage altogether so I don't have to see gay men holding hands or kissing each other. This is why men like me who express their anti-gay opinions always focus on male gays, and even then, always focus on gay sex. But girl-on-girl lesbianism is okay, I guess. That doesn't pose a threat to my masculinity the way male-on-male sex does. Sometimes watching two lesbians is even kinda arousing. Now that I've talked about men loving each other, my masculinity meter is showing a major deficit, so I'm going to run off and do something manly - like, say, chop wood."

okay so most of the quote was snipped due to quantity of replies 'so what'.

As far as this above goes it is an accusation. There is no avoiding the essence of the paragraph being accusatory.

Unfortunately the accusation is the very same matter of issue being defended, it is therefore a concede by way of contradicting something that is both defended and used as an accusation, grounding itself in contradiction.

And besides as far as answering the accusation itself, Ive already answered more then adequately any reasoning , and what was in the area of another accusation earlier, including some insight in the up-bringing. As mentioned I don't really want to argue endlessly with you guys.

Last edited by alexcanter; 01-11-2014 at 10:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 07:34 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,277,938 times
Good morning everyone!

Just a reminder:

Disagreeing with others: No problem!

Insulting or being rude in disagreeing with others: Not so much!

If you all want this thread to remain open, then the posts have to remain civil amongst one another.

Thanks!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No...I mean man and woman. It's always been a man and a woman. There have been times when a man had multiple wives....but it's always been male/female. Solomon's wives were not married to each other...each of them was married to Solomon. And it was not something God commanded, nor did he say it was good.
Oh, I see. You mean that marriage in the Bible isn't the model for marriage today! What a great explanation.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:04 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Oh, I see. You mean that marriage in the Bible isn't the model for marriage today! What a great explanation.
Of course it is. God created marriage -- as a man and a woman. Yes, there were instances when men had more than 1 wife....but the women were not married to each other--they were all married to their husbands.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Of course it is. God created marriage -- as a man and a woman. Yes, there were instances when men had more than 1 wife....but the women were not married to each other--they were all married to their husbands.
Gotta love the bible. You can justify rape, genocide, slavery, child-murder, polygamy, adultery and, occasionally, if you search diligently, some moral, ethical stuff.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:12 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,325,782 times
Quote:
God created marriage -- as a man and a woman.
Wow, really? So marriage didn't exist until the founding of Judaism, correct?

I'll have to tell my ancient ancestors in India that their Hindu marriages never actually happened because the Christian God created marriage - several thousand years AFTER the founding of the Hindu religion.

I'll have to tell them that marriage was only supposed to apply to Israelites in Egypt, the Sinai, and the eastern coast of the Mediterranean and NOT to Hindus living in India; that marriage is a tribal custom that was created specifically for the "Chosen People" of Yahweh and marriage between non-Christians isn't valid.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 01-12-2014 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: Next rude, sarcastic comment within posts will infracted. Have had numerous mod cuts.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:04 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,164,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Perhaps the other person will construe you as being self righteous and you are "casting the first stone."
Before anyone plays the "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" card, they'd best realize that unlike Jesus who spoke those words, they are not without sin, and are thus hypocritical in repeating those words.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:24 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
5. THe worst and most offensive statement of all. Gay people are not dangerous nor self destructing. I say to that NONSENSE. You are insulting members of the LGBT community. You are defaming the LGBT community. LGBT people are no better nor worse than anyone else and deserve the equal rights, respect, and the recognition any other citizen deserves.
#1. Homosexuals in the United States of America already have the same rights as anyone else.

#2. You are correct, homosexuality is no better or worse than any other sin.

#3. Since homosexuality is a sin, it is by definition destructive, not only to the person engaging in it, but to society as well.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Why do some people compare the "sin" of homosexuality with other "sins" like murder and rape? Why do they not compare it to the "sin" of masturbation, or coveting something your neighbor owns, or talking back to your parents, or gluttony?
All of those sins are equally wrong, so what difference does it make to choose one over the other?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
That is not fair. You misunderstand me. I did not call anyone a "Nazi" on this thread, but pointed out that there are some so-called "Christian" leaders and organizations that advocate criminalizing and persecuting members of the LGBT community ... and even traveling to places like Uganda to agitate for laws to oppress gay people.
You said that they were using the Nazi playbook.

What does that mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality