Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 06:28 PM

758 posts, read 848,316 times

Advertisements

I reject the theory of evolution because it is based on several faulty premises, which are clearly contradicted by observation.

Evolution implies chaos and meaninglessness. Creation implies order and value.

The natural world contains incredible evidence for 'design'. Every system is regulated by laws which can described verbally; or thorough mathematical relationships.

The DNA molecule is an example of built in sources of information which regulate life processes and the inheritance of generic traits.

Natural laws and built in information imply a designer who created the systems and processes.

Evolution cannot explain the presence of such design

Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
There is no such thing as a 'single' cell!

There is no such thing as a "simple cell!

Every cell - is far more complicated than any factory here on earth.

Every cell consists of Import & Export functions

Waste management

Error correction

DNA copy/paste

I guess you skipped Biology or any other science in HS? Home "Schooled" by chance?

YES, there are "single" cells and you are confused as to what "simple" means in regards to cells.

PLEASE go to a Public Library, or many colleges will allow someone that isn't a student to read or check out books with an ID.

By the way, I am a "Christian" that believes in Evolution and a Universe that is about 14.5 BILLION Earth years old, our solar system about 4.5 Billion.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I guess you skipped Biology or any other science in HS? Home "Schooled" by chance?

YES, there are "single" cells and you are confused as to what "simple" means in regards to cells.

PLEASE go to a Public Library, or many colleges will allow someone that isn't a student to read or check out books with an ID.

By the way, I am a "Christian" that believes in Evolution and a Universe that is about 14.5 BILLION Earth years old, our solar system about 4.5 Billion.
By the way, I am a "Chrisitain" that doesn't believe in evolution!

IN six days is a book by 50 Scientists that make complelling arguments against evolution.

A single cell has an electric motor - It has import & export functions. Waste management - error correction. Dna information.

Where does the information in the DNA come from what is the source ??

So this is a simple single cell ??? (choke)!

I'm approaching 70! (snicker).

I own more books than you could ever imagine. I spend thousands on books. Every year. For decades! I do not need a library card. I've got an extensive library right here at home.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:00 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
IN six days is a book by 50 Scientists that make complelling arguments against evolution.
Appeal to authority. I can get 100 scientists who disagree with your 50

Quote:
A single cell has an electric motor - It has import & export functions. Waste management - error correction. Dna information.
So now you believe there are single cells? What happened to your earlier claim that there was no such thing as a single cell?

Quote:
Come from!? Well it certainly was not floating around waiting to be be 'put into' DNA. DNA is information.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:17 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
By the way, I am a "Chrisitian" that doesn't believe in evolution!

IN six days is a book by 50 Scientists that make compelling arguments against evolution.

So this is a simple single cell ??? (choke)!

I'm approaching 70! (snicker).

I own more books than you could ever imagine. I spend thousands on books. Every year. For decades! I do not need a library card. I've got an extensive library right here at home.
You said there is no such thing as a single cell ...

Are any of those books SCIENCE books? Have you actually READ any of them?

The Bible is NOT a science book.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
You said there is no such thing as a single cell ...

Are any of those books SCIENCE books? Have you actually READ any of them?

The Bible is NOT a science book.
SCIENTIFIC FACTS IN THE BIBLE

Old 03-03-2014, 07:45 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Why do you keep posting stuff that you have been disabused of many times.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:07 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
That link I posted didn't have any of that information you just posted on it.

But I guess this is how you have to alter the truth to discredit my claims about

Dr. Ivan Panin - you couldn't find it. !! Check out all the videos on You Tube about Dr. Ivan Panin.

I have no idea what site you went to to read that stuff you posted;

different words from a different site.

typical tactic to avoid the truth
From Wikipedia:

Panin used the edition of Westcott and Hort of the New Testament, as the basis for his work, but made selective use of alternative readings that those authors suggested. He even published his own version of the Greek text, claiming to have reconstructed the lost original version by his techniques; critics see this as circular reasoning, and state that it only shows that he was capable of producing patterns himself.[1]

And:

The case of the two Matthews

There is significant evidence to suggest that Panin fabricated the patterns he supposedly 'discovered', and possibly even did so by selectively 'tweaking' his research materials to support his conclusions.

What's even more enlightening is that his methodolgy was inconsistent; he applied tests to some passages, but not to others, and in many cases the passages he investigated do not, in fact, mathematically provide the results that he claimed.

Further, many of the conclusions he drew simply did not follow from the data; for example, Panin assumed Markan authorship of Mark 16.9-20, which has been questioned on the basis of a differing literary style when compared to Mark's confirmed writings.

Likewise, the passage in question did not appear at all in the earliest and best manuscripts of Mark, which suggests that it was added by a third party at a later time.

If you wish, I will forward a PDF file that explains Panin's inconsistencies in more detail (or at least the link, since I'm not sure I can transmit files here ).

Old 03-03-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
From Wikipedia:

Panin used the edition of Westcott and Hort of the New Testament, as the basis for his work, but made selective use of alternative readings that those authors suggested. He even published his own version of the Greek text, claiming to have reconstructed the lost original version by his techniques; critics see this as circular reasoning, and state that it only shows that he was capable of producing patterns himself.[1]

And:

There is significant evidence to suggest that Panin fabricated the patterns he supposedly 'discovered', and possibly even did so by selectively 'tweaking' his research materials to support his conclusions.

What's even more enlightening is that his methodolgy was inconsistent; he applied tests to some passages, but not to others, and in many cases the passages he investigated do not, in fact, mathematically provide the results that he claimed.

Further, many of the conclusions he drew simply did not follow from the data; for example, Panin assumed Markan authorship of Mark 16.9-20, which has been questioned on the basis of a differing literary style when compared to Mark's confirmed writings.

Likewise, the passage in question did not appear at all in the earliest and best manuscripts of Mark, which suggests that it was added by a third party at a later time.

If you wish, I will forward a PDF file that explains Panin's inconsistencies in more detail (or at least the link, since I'm not sure I can transmit files here ).
The last 12 verses in Mark's gospel are saturated with more than 75 instances of sevens. Scholars from back in the day attest to the fact Marks gospel was complete.

Wiki ? is that the best you can do ??

Old 03-03-2014, 08:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
The last 12 verses in Mark's gospel are saturated with more than 75 instances of sevens. Scholars from back in the day attest to the fact Marks gospel was complete.

Wiki ? is that the best you can do ??
Are you Eusebius' long-lost twin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality