Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 02:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,331,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by epowerone View Post
Thanks, creation speaks for itself, that their is an intelligent being as the source. There has not and never will be any logical proof otherwise.
But the bible has lots of proofs, right?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:42 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,460,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epowerone View Post
Thanks, creation speaks for itself, that their is an intelligent being as the source. There has not and never will be any logical proof otherwise.
How does God exist without a creator?

Old 03-04-2014, 03:35 PM

275 posts, read 435,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear lurkers, please notice from the posts that there really is no proof for evolution. Of course, there is no proof God created mankind fully mature either. But it makes more sense to believe in divine causality than all creation being an accident.

But just so you know lurker, they really have no proof for evolution. None whatsoever. Yet if you go to the Nature channel or other shows on t.v. you will hear them say about a hundred times the words "evolved" or "evolving" or "evolution." Don't believe it. They have no proof.
As (mostly) a lurker around here. I just don't get it. I mean, I totally get why people desire to, even love to, debate -- hell, I am often one of those people. But, what's the purpose of starting a debate when you really have nothing to say other than silly unjustified assertions, and demanding "proof" when you don't seem to even understand what that word really means (and I am guessing you likely don't fully understand words like "evidence" or "knowledge" or...I will go out on a limb..."faith" either).

The defenders of creationism in this thread, so far, are like cowboys from the old-west who start gun fights with nothing to defend themselves with, other than pockets full of gravel. Do you folks simply like the humiliation, or is it just the thrill of being deceptive and dishonest that gives you the most joy?

Seriously, what are you hoping to accomplish with this kind of thread (other than playing the fool for our entertainment)?

Old 03-04-2014, 03:39 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,499,794 times
There is lots of proof, but why bother? You'll never accept any of it, no matter how rock-solid solid it is. You want desperately to believe in your religion. So, go ahead. Believe in it.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:48 PM

5,393 posts, read 5,222,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear lurkers, please notice from the posts that there really is no proof for evolution. Of course, there is no proof God created mankind fully mature either. But it makes more sense to believe in divine causality than all creation being an accident.

But just so you know lurker, they really have no proof for evolution. None whatsoever. Yet if you go to the Nature channel or other shows on t.v. you will hear them say about a hundred times the words "evolved" or "evolving" or "evolution." Don't believe it. They have no proof.
No, it makes sense to believe that the world was created 2 seconds ago and is in a continual state of recreation.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:23 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,199,596 times
I will try another way of clarifying something', I attempted to clarify a few pages back.

Evolution has nothing to do with Creation.

Creation has nothing to to with Evolution.

They are 2 separate topics.

Creation has to do with Nothing becoming something

Evolution has to do with something that exists, developing into a more advanced stage. Or in some cases regressing to a less advanced stage. ie down breeding horses back to their original miniature size.

Creation does not rule out evolution.

Evolution does not rule out creation.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I will try another way of clarifying something', I attempted to clarify a few pages back.

Evolution has to do with something that exists, developing into a more advanced stage. Or in some cases regressing to a less advanced stage. ie down breeding horses back to their original miniature size.

Tried to rep for your earlier post and couldn't. Still can't. But well said, as usual.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:38 PM

16,770 posts, read 15,840,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Tried to rep for your earlier post and couldn't. Still can't. But well said, as usual.
I took care of it for you.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:06 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,717,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

If you are referring to the Biblical creation story, I must disagree. Science has determined that we humans were not "created" as we are now. We know that we have an ancestor common with chimps and gorillas. Unless you believe that Adam and Eve were less evolved than these, then human evolution does rule out the Biblical creation.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:38 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,199,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
If you are referring to the Biblical creation story, I must disagree. Science has determined that we humans were not "created" as we are now. We know that we have an ancestor common with chimps and gorillas. Unless you believe that Adam and Eve were less evolved than these, then human evolution does rule out the Biblical creation.
Still 2 different topics.

Evolution theories are explanations of what happened to primordial materials

Creation theories are explanations of the origin of the primordial materials.

No matter how Evolutionary theories explain Human development it is not related to the issue of origin of the original material

Like wise no matter how creation theories describe the origin of matter, they are not related to what happened to the material.

To state that God(swt) created matter. Is a creation theory. to state how He formed matter into man is a Theory of Evolution.

To state matter spontaneously came into existence is a creation theory
to state that matter developed into humans is an evolution theory.

There are many Theories of Creation, some based upon a Deity some not.

There are many Theories of Evolution some based upon a Deity, some not.

But one does not explain the other.

Us theists have to learn to recognize, that until we can replicate the Creation of the universe and the formation of man, our beliefs of our origin are just as much theory as scientific theories .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality