Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 10:24 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Now, if this guy were in town, I would give him all of my business: ‘You Are Being a Nazi': Homosexual Baker Blasts Those ‘Bullying’ Christians to Make ‘Gay Wedding’ Cakes | Christian News Network Know that I would not shop at a business that had a sign in the window professing that they would not serve a person that was gay, black, male, female, disabled, etc. but at the same time, I respect the right of those with religious beliefs that don't want to be a part of a ceremony endorsing something which they find sinful. Respect would go a long way in this issue.

For those that are gay/homosexual, whatever you would like to be addressed as, I am sorry that you have these militants acting out like they are. I have known people that were gay and they never discussed the subject with me or tried to make out with their partner in front of me and I did likewise by not discussing sexuality with them or making out with my husband in their presence. Had they wished to discuss, we wouldn't have been associated very long.

It comes down to whatever you feel in your heart but the minute you insist on stampeding my beliefs, you'll open yourself up to my defending them, fiercely.

Everyone is well aware here of my beliefs and when they are attacked, expect me to show up and not only my beliefs but when you insist on trying to shut people up who oppose your view on anything, expect me to show up for that too. And, always remember and never forget that when you use personal attacks, you show you are defeated because that is all you have which is nothing!

Everyone here is a faceless and nameless entity whose thoughts and opinions do not sway me in the slightest.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger so bring it on!

Except in this case there was no militant gays acting out. Instead there was a woman who went to a bakery to buy a wedding cake and she went there with her mother who had just a few years earlier bought a wedding cake herself. The woman after being turned away filed a complaint which she had every legal right to do so. If any person who feels there are being mistreated according to the law and acts upon that is a militant then that word has taken on a new meaning. There is nothing in the testimony of the baker to indicate that the woman was militant in her request for a wedding cake. So as they say we all are entitled to our own opinions but not to our own facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 10:57 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Everyone here is a faceless and nameless entity whose thoughts and opinions do not sway me in the slightest.

!
Shrug. That's too bad. I've learned a few things from some of these faceless, nameless entities.
But , then, my mind is open to new ideas or opinions that cause me to re-examine mine.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:58 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
If Christians refuse to serve all "sinners" they aren't going to stay in business for very long.

Will Christians refuse to serve a customer who says, "oh my God, your cake is awesome" since they took the Lord's name in vain?
No one is saying they "won't serve sinners". But there are things we are morally opposed to that we should not be required to do. Just as a baker should not be forced to serve a kkk rally, nor should he be required to serve a "gay wedding".

But if, as you say, they won't stay in business very long...oh well. Your problem is solved.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
1) the freedom to impose my religious morality on others

2) the freedom to impose my religious morality on others

3) the freedom to impose my religious morality on others
Now you have the right to impose YOUR religious morality on others.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:01 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,637,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No one is saying they "won't serve sinners". But there are things we are morally opposed to that we should not be required to do. Just as a baker should not be forced to serve a kkk rally, nor should he be required to serve a "gay wedding".

But if, as you say, they won't stay in business very long...oh well. Your problem is solved.
A true business owner wouldn't care. It's extra $$$ for them.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:02 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Except it was an overblown fine from a biased government showing conflict of interest. The guy who determined the fine was even attending gay pride events. If he had been attending anti-homosexual church groups, gay supporters would be going ballistic.
You mean he is for equality as opposed to being against equality?

As good old Martha Stewart would say, that is a good thing.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:05 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Maybe you can explain why you keep bring up the KKK when you've been told multiple times that the KKK is not a protected class under discrimination laws.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You mean he is for equality as opposed to being against equality?

As good old Martha Stewart would say, that is a good thing.
You mean "separate but equal"? It wasn't good enough that gay people could marry--they had to have their own version of marriage involving 2 people of the same gender. That variation did not exist before.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Maybe you can explain why you keep bring up the KKK when you've been told multiple times that the KKK is not a protected class under discrimination laws.
I'm not sure why it matters if the kkk is protected or not. A business should not be required to serve an event that celebrates something that they are morally opposed to.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
A true business owner wouldn't care. It's extra $$$ for them.
Maybe some people care about more than $$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality