Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 12:18 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,790,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why? Who is suggesting that that? I'm certainly not. I'm not advocating for discrimination based on any of that.
Great! Then we agree that a gay couple should be able to buy a wedding cake from any bakery. Becasue that is what is at issue here, not some imaginary endorsement of or participation in sin...

-NoCapo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 12:18 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:
Why? Who is suggesting that that? I'm certainly not. I'm not advocating for discrimination based on any of that.

You are advocating the discrimination of a group based upon your own personal beliefs. Am I wrong that you think the Christians should be allowed to not serve gay and lesbian people?

You never answered what you wanted in the rest of my questions. From your posts you is it you just think that anything to do with same sex marriage can be discriminated against?

Old 07-09-2015, 12:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I don't consider equal treatment for all to be immoral.
Neither do I.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:29 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You are advocating the discrimination of a group based upon your own personal beliefs. Am I wrong that you think the Christians should be allowed to not serve gay and lesbian people?
Yes. You are wrong.
Quote:
You never answered what you wanted in the rest of my questions. From your posts you is it you just think that anything to do with same sex marriage can be discriminated against?
I have said that a baker should be allowed to refuse to participate in a same sex marriage for religious and moral reasons. That is not the same thing as refusing to serve a man who walks in holding hands with his boyfriend.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:33 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:
Yes. You are wrong.

I have said that a baker should be allowed to refuse to participate in a same sex marriage for religious and moral reasons. That is not the same thing as refusing to serve a man who walks in holding hands with his boyfriend.
So is it just for same sex marriage that you see the deferment from having to obey the law?

Old 07-09-2015, 12:33 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Yes. You are wrong.

Am I the only one having trouble seeing how that camel was threaded through the needle?

Old 07-09-2015, 12:34 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times
When a person advertises something for sale or is in the business of selling a product what the purchaser does with that product is meaningless.

I once had a car that was in beautiful shape and the young person buying said he was going to use it OFF ROAD. My answer was that it had never been OFF ROAD and was strictly driven on the streets and for all I cared he could park it in front of his fireplace to look at.....his decision in usage.

Off topic a bit but the Bakery should have just baked the cake and put the Green backs into the Cash Register......after all that was their business of baking cakes.

In the Wrong?...YES but a $135,000 fine was a bit overboard while a $1000 fine and a letter of apology would have been enough.

This situation is one of the reasons we are a laughing stock in/around other countries.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So is it just for same sex marriage that you see the deferment from having to obey the law?
No...if a KKK member walks into a bakery and asks the baker to bake a cake for their rally, I see no reason the baker shouldn't be allowed to refuse to participate. Do you?

Old 07-09-2015, 12:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Am I the only one having trouble seeing how that camel was threaded through the needle?
It's a mutant camel.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Do you not see the difference between serving a customer and participating in an event?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality